Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 22:06   #136
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
That was a 911 that looked good! Mad colours, wild decals running down the side. That was german lunacy!
As opposed to the current generation 997 GT3 RS which has some idiotic chequered-flag decals and the ugly red-gray colour combination. The new GT3 looks better, but the old GT3 RS looks fantastic; much better than the new one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
In terms of top speed its not as uneven as you might think. Top speed on the Fezza is 208 compared to the Poker's 205. And Porsche is known to have erred on the side of caution before.
Oh now that you've mentioned the actual figures, it sort-of turns the tables in favour of the Porsche! For some reason, I always thought the 599 and it's GTO variant could attain speeds in excess of 210 mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
To think that such cars will no longer be made. No more mad turbo lag. Damn! That bit made me about as sad as the Ayrton Senna film did.
You just plucked the words right out of my mouth. I don't like it when Top Gear gets emotional.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 22:22   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Oh now that you've mentioned the actual figures, it sort-of turns the tables in favour of the Porsche! For some reason, I always thought the 599 and it's GTO variant could attain speeds in excess of 210 mph.
I guess its the aero kit, which produces more downforce, that restricts the top speed. Same story with the SV. The one with the big wing on the back does "only" 207 mph, as opposed to the one without the wing doing 212.


Quote:
You just plucked the words right out of my mouth. I don't like it when Top Gear gets emotional.
But they do it well. I mean, really well. Remember that V12 Vantage piece that Jezza did? Closing of season 13 or 14, I guess. But yes, I do agree that TG should be blowing up cars. And crashing into buildings. And smoking tires on the track.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 22:41   #138
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
I guess its the aero kit, which produces more downforce, that restricts the top speed. Same story with the SV. The one with the big wing on the back does "only" 207 mph, as opposed to the one without the wing doing 212.
Possibly! After all, they are essentially track-day cars and aren't meant to crack top-speed barriers as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
But they do it well. I mean, really well. Remember that V12 Vantage piece that Jezza did? Closing of season 13 or 14, I guess. But yes, I do agree that TG should be blowing up cars. And crashing into buildings. And smoking tires on the track.
Completely agree! And yes, I do remember that episode. Not a word was said. The Vantage V12, in my opinion, could have been shod with better looking wheels. I mean, it looks like a blown up set from Aura! And it could do without the go-faster louvres on the bonnet. Or they could have incorporated the louvres from the DBS. But that would be politically incorrect!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 23:19   #139
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Completely agree! And yes, I do remember that episode. Not a word was said. The Vantage V12, in my opinion, could have been shod with better looking wheels. I mean, it looks like a blown up set from Aura! And it could do without the go-faster louvres on the bonnet. Or they could have incorporated the louvres from the DBS. But that would be politically incorrect!
That would be as wrong as making a Cayman faster than the base 911. But yeah I guess they could have done with two louvres instead of four. About the wheels, I like them just as wheels. Not on the Vantage. I'd have the multispokes, or the standard wheels on the V8 Vantage Convertible.
P.S. We're terribly OT here.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 21:16   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Thought of sharing this with all you people. TG will be back with a special episode, on 21st December.
Here's the link from the TG website. Another epic road movie, this time set in Kurdistan, Israel, Syria, Jordan and Turkey. 1200 miles of TG madness. In convertibles. Old ones. Can't wait

Top Gear over Christmas: more details! Transmission – BBC Top Gear
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 21:28   #141
BHPian
 
AlphaKilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: VOMM-EDDW-EDDM
Posts: 773
Thanked: 362 Times
Default

Thanks for the info!! Anyways the new series will be starting after Newyear. Hoping to see some interesting cars especially the new Lambo, new Cajun being thrashed by Clarkson!
AlphaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 22:24   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

What new Lambo? The Sesto Elemento? I seriously doubt it. And the Cajun won't start production until mid 2012 or maybe even later.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 08:25   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Top Gear Season 15 - Starts 27th June

Double treat for us petrolheads! Top Gear is coming back with not one, but two Christmas special. One, as mentioned above, is in Ira, Jordan and neighbouring countries. The other one is an American Road trip, with JC in a SLS, May in a 458, and Hammond in a GT3RS. Can't wait! Here's the link to the official trailer on the TG website. Top Gear
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 16:38   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,556
Thanked: 817 Times
Default Re: Top Gear Season 15 - Starts 27th June

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Double treat for us petrolheads! Top Gear is coming back with not one, but two Christmas special. One, as mentioned above, is in Ira, Jordan and neighbouring countries. The other one is an American Road trip, with JC in a SLS, May in a 458, and Hammond in a GT3RS. Can't wait! Here's the link to the official trailer on the TG website. Top Gear
Going by the trailer, it promises to be EPIC!!

Did they really airdrop into Iraq ?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 21:11   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Top Gear Season 15 - Starts 27th June

TG is back on Tuesday for their American Road trip.
Here's the link
Top Gear is back this Tuesday! - BBC Top Gear
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Top Gear UK, Season 22 - Starts on 27th Dec, 2014 naveen.raju The International Automotive Scene 141 26th November 2015 07:10
New Altis Launch 16th June !!! New Liva Launch 27th June camchennai The Indian Car Scene 218 24th June 2011 22:31
Top Gear - Season 14 : Fun starts at Nov 15, 2009 abhijitaparadh The International Automotive Scene 166 11th January 2010 10:53
Top Gear in 'Top Gear' (3 veyrons offered for shoot) SumitB Shifting gears 8 4th August 2008 13:22
Top Gear 2006 Survey : Fiat zooms into top 10, Honda, Skoda top list. amit The International Automotive Scene 10 8th March 2007 12:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks