Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 3rd July 2010, 16:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Nice first episode, and I especially liked the dig they took at Hyundai, for..err..taking take a dig at them :-).

The female celebrities (whom I have/had never heard of) were good, lol. Pretty spunky of May to drive up to the Eyjafjallajokull.
Jeremy must have received quite a beating with that Reliant Robin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I simply love their cinematography.
+1 to that!

Looking forward to the entire season.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Nice first episode, and I especially liked the dig they took at Hyundai, for..err..taking take a dig at them :-).

The female celebrities (whom I have/had never heard of) were good, lol. Pretty spunky of May to drive up to the Eyjafjallajokull.
Jeremy must have received quite a beating with that Reliant Robin.

+1 to that!

Looking forward to the entire season.
I don't think Jeremy was the one driving in any of those crashes.
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 03:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Default Summary of Top Gear Season 15 Episode 1

Summary of Top Gear Season 15 Episode 1
  • JC drives Bentley Continental SuperSport which runs on dual fuel, ethanol and petrol. He also drives a Reliant robin, 70s three wheeler which was a car but classified as a motorcycle. He crashes it couple of times trying to make aggressive turns. And doing a wheelie to portray that powerful engine in later model was useless.
  • RH drives old Celebrity car Chevy Lacetti (Daewoo Nubira which is Our Optra) to an old factory to be demolished.
  • JM drives the Arctic Trucks Hilux, which was TG Polar Special's crew vehicle up to a live Volcano. Hilux was cheaply modified to cope up with Volcanic conditions, Like a contraption on roof with a corrugated roof sheet. And water based cooler for tires.
  • New Celebrity Car is introduced, Kia Cee'd, Jeremy refers it by " KIA Cee Apostrophe D". According to him first car in the world having Apostrophe in its Badge.
  • There were 8 Celebrity guests viz. Nick Robinson(BBC journalist), Al Murray (stand up comedian), Peter Jones (Entrepreneur/TV personality), Peta Todd (model), Johnny Vaughan (RJ/journalist), Bill Bailey(comedian/musician), Louie Spence (Dancer), Amy Williams (Winter Olympics Gold Medalist). Many found this gathering boring, but it was quite funny with JC running away when he saw homophobic Louie Spence coming letting Hammond to deal with him alone.
The script was extraordinary like always. With WC 2010 fever Stig was listening to the sound of Vuvuzela.

Last edited by SirAlec : 4th July 2010 at 03:12.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 04:44   #34
BHPian

The Robin Reliant was classed as a Tricycle and you needed a B1 licence, which is for quads tricycles and cars under 500kgs, but the tax was as cheap as a bike. You couldn't drive a robin reliant with just a bike licence.

The Lacetti gets crushed under a 200 yr old chimney. They actually had a competition for charity and the winner got to push the demolition button.

And Louie Spence is not homophobic, he is gay. JC was the homophobic one
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 13:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
And Louie Spence is not homophobic, he is gay. JC was the homophobic one
My bad! i meant the other way. thanks for correcting. Mods please correct the error.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 13:21   #36
UKR
BHPian

Watched the first episode yesterday. I have been a fan of their cinematography and humour ever since I started watching top gear. Reliant robin part was fun to watch.

Any idea when the next episode will be aired?
UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 00:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Summary of Top Gear Season 15 Episode 1
Add to that list the part where they've shown a bass guitar and drum jam at the track; turns out the person playing the bass is actually Richard Hammond!!
MARCUS_520i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 15:24   #38
BHPian

Finished watching Episode 2. Liked the used car challenge, hated the good for nothing Boxster and Stig's German cousin has a mullet!!
MARCUS_520i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 18:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Episode 2 of Season 15

The shootout of 3 used sedan was good. M3 was awesome and so was 190E Cosworth. The german cousin of Stig made me go lol.

911 sports classic is awesome but horribly expensive. Boxster is useless, though topless is fun and cool.

overall a good episode. first one was better though. awesome cinematography and supersports was cool.
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 01:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
first one was better though. awesome cinematography and supersports was cool.
I actually feel the other way round. The second one has a more old TG feel to it with a proper challenge and stuff. The first one got kinda boring with the reasonably priced car laps.
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:25   #41
Team-BHP Support

Season 15, Episode 2 was great!

Loved the used performance sedan challenge. Their choice of cars was very predictable! Loved both the Cosworths and the E36 M3! The Porsche 911 SportClassic and the Boxster Spyder were brilliant!

The Stig's attempt to lap the Reliant Robin around the GT track and the appearance of his German cousin in the challenge had me in stitches!

All in all, a great episode! The 15 Season seems to be quite promising!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 12:53   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Haven't seen the entire second episode, but I saw the challenge bit of it. And I loved the M3... "show them how it's done"
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 14:49   #43
BHPian

Suhaas, i have to agree it was a great episode and the used performance sedan challenge was great. The question is - Who is the Stigs German cousin? Sabine Schmitz?

I am not a boxer fan but that sypder is sweet.

Sad there's only going to be 6 Episodes - Only 4 more to go :(
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 16:35   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Suhaas, i have to agree it was a great episode and the used performance sedan challenge was great. The question is - Who is the Stigs German cousin? Sabine Schmitz?

I am not a boxer fan but that sypder is sweet.

Sad there's only going to be 6 Episodes - Only 4 more to go :(
I knew someone would bring this up!

Well, it could be Sabine Schmitz! But if I recall correctly, there was a certain episode in which the three - Clarkson, Hammond and May - were up against them as a rival magazine in a series of challenges. So it might not be her!

It was indeed a sweet episode! Although, there will be only 6, and it's sort of a bummer, I'm really looking forward to the episode-film in which they'd go to countries where they would get challenges. Something like the Vietnam, Africa, USA/North America episodes!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 19:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I actually feel the other way round. The second one has a more old TG feel to it with a proper challenge and stuff. The first one got kinda boring with the reasonably priced car laps.
The only thing i liked about episode 2 was the used car challenge. everything else was time pass. But that's me, imho, episode 1 has more excitement, especially the adventure in Hilux and introducing a KIA for celebrity lap times along with Bentley super sports.

Both episodes were typical TG quality. So have no complaints there.

I just wonder what the results of used car challenge would have been if the track was dry and if Stig's cousin wouldn't have gone in reverse in 190 E Cosworth and wasted precious 5 seconds or so.
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote