Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 6th November 2005, 22:08   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up Fresh pics from the Tokyo motor show 2005

Hey ppl,

Had been to Nippon with frnds this saturday(5t nov 2005) and could not cover much beacause the darkness sets in pretty early at around 4:20 P.m in this part of the world.

The guys stayed back and few of us came back to attend the Tokyo Motor Show 2005 which ended today i.e, 6th Nov 2005.
I know this part is not at all interesting but hey this is how i get started and read on.

Have been to auto shows in India which always, have reflected the primitive state of automative affairs in India. But this one, was too much of a contrast and made me feel like a child amidst a kindom of icecream and choclates. A childish analogy but what i meant was I dint know where to and whether i checkout the specifications of the cars and bikes or ogle at the beautiful models smiling tirelessly at deprieved mortals like us or which cars and bikes to shoot.

Eventually after about 140 or so snaps, my digital camera's battery gave up and i could appreciate the cars and all those models( Damn my age!! it's playing tricks with me.

There were a lot of concept cars on display from the leading brands and a lot of premeires as well.Liked the concept cars from citroen, honda, toyota, hyundai too!
and lots of other brands which i cant recollect now.

Liked the cars from Volvo because they had abandoned most of their cars for us aam janta to fiddle with them.

Some pics for autophiles and audiophiles that i took and hope you like them. Havent named them as yet, make your guesses if the names arent obvious.

Hope the links work..

cheers..

Last edited by ported_head : 6th November 2005 at 22:32.
muni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2005, 22:14   #2
BHPian

Hope they look alrite.. Have reduced the image size from 2 mb to 200 kb..the clarity will suffer..will try to post some more of them later...its 2.00 a.m in the morning here..

Last edited by muni : 6th November 2005 at 22:31.
Old 6th November 2005, 23:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

The Lamborgini and the VW Ecoracer are the cars that catch my attention. Lamborgini for obvious reasons and the Ecoracer for the beautiful balance of performance and economy. But take the roof down and the car loses it's good looks dramatically.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 06:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

man that bike is nice..and you were in the tokyo auto show and no pics of the most anticipated car there??? The GTR??
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 06:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
man that bike is nice..and you were in the tokyo auto show and no pics of the most anticipated car there??? The GTR??
I did see the Nissan GTR but the Nissan cars were placed some where near the exit and by the time i reached there, the camera's battery got exhausted. Hence no pics. But One thing i noticed was that the GTRs Glasses were pitch black and could not have a peek of the interiors.

The car looked awesome.

Last edited by muni : 7th November 2005 at 06:51.
Old 8th November 2005, 01:15   #6
BHPian

wow thats a cool ride u had ... damn good pics.. AND those models.. nice work pal.
-chaxy
chaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 02:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics,u lucky son-of-a-gun.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 20:39   #8
BHPian

Kool pics man...would have been better if they were a little bigger, but nevertheless what you posted is the thing that matters.
Sid Schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 20:47   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

mate ! splendid job. yet to se the pix in full size and read your post . still mate , good work. and no ...its not u on that hayabusa! :P
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 20:51   #10
BHPian

jaw-droppin machines man! bt didnt c any of those heavy duty american stuff..did they not participate or vere too shady to line-up against their korean counterparts...or is it bush's extremist stand hardened over WMD's possessed NORTH....
ambylimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 20:59   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

wow....mineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?i...10104273oe.jpg
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2005, 07:38   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas

hahaha.. i took 4 snaps of hers at different zoom settings

All of us were merely inetersted in her and the car behind her was just there to give a decent backdrop
Old 9th November 2005, 07:47   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambylimo
jaw-droppin machines man! bt didnt c any of those heavy duty american stuff..did they not participate or vere too shady to line-up against their korean counterparts...or is it bush's extremist stand hardened over WMD's possessed NORTH....

Yeah they were there.. the Chryslers, Hummers, GM, Ford, Cadillac etc Have taken some snaps of some of them but in a way the german, italian and the japanese cars grabbed all the attention.

The highly acclaimed Bugatti was on display and it was a beauty 2. Though the Blue colored car wasnt the right color to be displayed i thought.
Old 9th November 2005, 23:07   #14
Senior - BHPian

Cool pix dude. All the cars looks killer. Just gettin to see all the machines together is really sumtin to look fwd too
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote