Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 00:07   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Arrow SSC Ultimate Aero II

These exclusive first photos(Courtesy: Jalopnik) show the SSC Ultimate Aero II, the second generation of America's fastest supercar. It's got a new look and a new mission: Reclaim the title of world's fastest production car from the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport!
Attached Thumbnails
SSC Ultimate Aero II-500x_ssc_ultimate_aero_ii_2_1.jpg  

Attached Images
 
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 00:51   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

This looks much better than the first one!Ha,all these talks of hybrids,global warming,hydrogen,co2 and we have a good old slugfest out for the fastest car in the world crown!

Last edited by avishar : 6th September 2010 at 00:53.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 11:51   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,699
Thanked: 1,485 Times
Default

Man this is ecstasy for a die hard car lover, the profile of the car looks sexy, the front looks menacing, & it means serious business.

I have no doubt that this cottage car manufacturer (SSC - Selby Super Cars) will once again beat the world's most expensive & fast car from VW conglomerate hollow... got reminded of David & Goliath story.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 20:37   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

must check out this video for what is coming up next.
AMG ML65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 22:37   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,054
Thanked: 6,601 Times
Default

This is what happens when a Maserati MC12 Corsa and a Pagani Zonda go out to the pub and get a couple of drinks before pulling an all-nighter! That said, it looks way better than the old SSC Ultimate Aero. We just have to wait and see if it would actually dethrone the big Bug! And I have a sneaky suspicion that Bugatti wouldn't take it lying down for too long!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 00:28   #6
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Now This Aero I Like. the Last one was just plain Ugly!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 06:50   #7
BHPian
 
smashnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 457
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

It honestly looks stunning and robotic. I think it could end up in I,Robot 2, if such a film is ever made. But I guess all that matters for this car is how fast it can go. Hopefully, it can beat the Veyron.
smashnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 21:17   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

SSC flashes its butt for top gear
Attached Images
 
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 04:46   #9
CPH
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 577
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Man this is ecstasy for a die hard car lover, the profile of the car looks sexy, the front looks menacing, & it means serious business.

I have no doubt that this cottage car manufacturer (SSC - Selby Super Cars) will once again beat the world's most expensive & fast car from VW conglomerate hollow... got reminded of David & Goliath story.
If VW wanted they would go to the limits of the Veyron design, but there is no point in doing it as nobody would be capable to control such a car safely.

The Veyron will never be beaten by SSC in many aspects. The Veyron will still hold together when the SSC is shaken to bits. The Veyron is a luxury car, that anyone can drive for hours without the need of a chiropractor who re-assmbles ones anatomy of the ride. And the Veyron had to go through stringent homologation tests the SSC never will have to and therefore won't.

Speed is the only point, where SSC can try to beat the Veyron, but will the car be able to be driven as a daily driver? It took Michelin and Bugatti a while to design a tire that is capable to live with the Veyron and is safely usable under day to day conditions.

BTW Malcolm Campbell was setting a land speed record of over 272mph/438kph over a mile in Campbell Rolls-Royce Railton Blue Bird.

The fastest wheel driven vehicle was well over another 200kph faster going back 45 years.
CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 12:11   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,699
Thanked: 1,485 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
If VW wanted they would go to the limits of the Veyron design, but there is no point in doing it as nobody would be capable to control such a car safely.

The Veyron will never be beaten by SSC in many aspects. The Veyron will still hold together when the SSC is shaken to bits. The Veyron is a luxury car, that anyone can drive for hours without the need of a chiropractor who re-assmbles ones anatomy of the ride. And the Veyron had to go through stringent homologation tests the SSC never will have to and therefore won't.

Speed is the only point, where SSC can try to beat the Veyron, but will the car be able to be driven as a daily driver? It took Michelin and Bugatti a while to design a tire that is capable to live with the Veyron and is safely usable under day to day conditions.

BTW Malcolm Campbell was setting a land speed record of over 272mph/438kph over a mile in Campbell Rolls-Royce Railton Blue Bird.

The fastest wheel driven vehicle was well over another 200kph faster going back 45 years.
Yes I agree with all what you say, but it the fastest car tag that the SSC2 is trying to regain. In many other aspects there is no match the the legendary Bugatti (which VW has aptly retained in the Veyron).
I have no doubt that a shed or garage car cannot make a car that can tick almost all the boxes like the big manufacturers do for their cars. After all they got only the Vette's or Viper's engine, rest is standard body comprising of a good old chassis, a roll cage & few other (inadequate) safety features all tied together to create a light weight car meant for single purpose only... dreaming of luxury in these cars is luxury in itself.
But, don't these cars contribute to faster Veyrons, which help furthering the car engineering & technology further for road cars.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 13:40   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,455
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

This looks like the progeny of an MC12 & the Birdcage Concept.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 11th September 2010 at 13:42.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 14:45   #12
CPH
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 577
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Yes I agree with all what you say, but it the fastest car tag that the SSC2 is trying to regain. In many other aspects there is no match the the legendary Bugatti (which VW has aptly retained in the Veyron).
I have no doubt that a shed or garage car cannot make a car that can tick almost all the boxes like the big manufacturers do for their cars. After all they got only the Vette's or Viper's engine, rest is standard body comprising of a good old chassis, a roll cage & few other (inadequate) safety features all tied together to create a light weight car meant for single purpose only... dreaming of luxury in these cars is luxury in itself.
But, don't these cars contribute to faster Veyrons, which help furthering the car engineering & technology further for road cars.
The biggest problem on the Veyron is the German homologation law. And the stinging part has to be solved by Michelin, which is the tires. The tyres had to be designed by the aircraft division. The problem is to have a tractable tyre that does not delaminate during its entire life cycle.

Also the tire has to be able to run for one hour nonstop at the maximum speed a Veyron is capable.of. This is why the SS version is limited.

If SSC should be able to make the extra 12mph needed to equal the Veyron, VW will call Michelin and tell them: "Sorry guys, we have to do something woth the tyres."
CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 22:54   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default

Nothing special about the fact that Veyron has custom made tyres.
The Mclaren F1 also has tyres especially designed for it by michelin and even to this day michelin makes exactly the same tyres for the current owners of F1 all over the world,these tyres are not used by any other car.Mclaren recently was running low on tyre stocks so it asked all the owners to contribute in getting a new batch for mclaren which would suffice for some years to come.

Last edited by avishar : 12th September 2010 at 22:55.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bloodhound SSC - That's about 1610 kms/hour trammway The International Automotive Scene 6 26th October 2017 21:43
SSC Ultimate Aero to be launched in India. manishasrani Super-Cars & Imports in India 57 19th January 2010 07:16
Career Options for a 10th (SSC) fail? pedrolourenco Shifting gears 29 8th June 2009 23:20
Dubai Autoshow 2007 - Ultimate Aero oldmodel The International Automotive Scene 0 19th January 2008 00:46
Shelby Supercar : Aero SC/8T v12 The International Automotive Scene 8 7th April 2004 15:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks