Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 25th January 2010, 08:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Lamborghini teasers before Paris Auto show EDIT:It's Sesto Elemento Concept

It has been going around the internet for a while now, but finally something tangible has been seen of what very well could be the next super car from Sant'Agata.

On a snowy test track spy photographers have been able to take images of a test car that clearly shows some special lines that could be interpreted as belonging to a new Lamborghini to succeed the by now aging Murcielago flagship.

It has even been given a name : the Jota, derived from that amazing and legendary Miura from the early Seventies and revived for a short period of time on the Diablo SE30 limited edition as a power upgrade, the Jota could now become a model on it's own.

Naturally no official details are available, it hasn't even been confirmed what this test car represents, but from the images we can see it has the massively wide rear wheels as seen on the Murcielago, so it probably isn't a Gallardo successor although it does use the exterior rear view mirrors from the V10 model at this time, but I'm sure these will be replaced by the time we see it being unveiled in Geneva or Paris in 2010.

We could also speculate that the current steel tube chassis will be replaced by an aluminum space frame clothed with carbon fiber panels to keep weight down, as usual the styling is camouflaged in these shots, but still we can expect styling cues from the Reventon and Estoque, if we look closely at these shots we could discover those 'opening' shoulder air intakes remain on the successor.

Power could be from a newly developed V12 engine, direct fuel injection will probably raise power output above the 700 Bhp mark being delivered on a new all-wheel transmission that could be acquired from Sweden based Haldex. Remember the engine currently mounted in the Murcielago is still based on the original 3.5 Litre V12 used back in the Sixties on the classic 350GT, so it might be time to take a totally different approach this time.

But just take a close look at these spy shots ... from the front right up to the rear wheel it looks like a Gallardo, the same mirrors, the same door style, the same triangular small window in front of the door, look closely at the design of the door and the front fender and you can clearly see this isn't even an upward opening door, I doubt the Murcielago successor will not use these Lamborghini trademark doors ... but things change considerably around the rear wheel.

Notice that small triangular air exhaust just in front of that rear wheel ? it must be there for something, probably oil cooler like on the LP640 model, the Audi R8 style sides cover the shape of the air intake behind the door, and they even taped some 'TestaRossa' style fins on the door, but I'm sure these won't be there on the production model.

The shoulder mounted air intakes are similar in style to the Reventon ones, also the engine cover looks like it has been 'borrowed' from the Reventon two door, and just above that triangular air outlet on the sides there is a crease running upwards away from the rear wheel to the front, this hasn't been seen on any Lamborghini yet.

Also the rear overhang is a lot bigger than on the Gallardo, this could be evidence of a big V12 engine mounted longitudinally like on the Murcielago, also note two flat but very wide exhaust outlets in the middle ... these actually look like the ones seen on the Estoque concept four door. A close look at the taillights could reveal Reventon Y-style leds again being used, but that's easy, they've been used on all recent models so it's no surprise they will be featured on an all new flagship in 2012 too.

My best guess would be this is the front of a Gallardo body mounted on a modified Murcielago chassis with the rear of a Reventon stuck to it because the V12 engine is too large to fit completely inside a Gallardo bodywork and the rear track would be too wide to get tucked underneath a regular Gallardo body shell ... so I really doubt this car could even resemble the styling we'll see on the Murcielago successor when it is shown to the public in 2012 ... all we can do is wait, but I'm sure it will be a stunning exotic that will put it's competitors in the shadow once again ... but the car in these shots is merely a hybrid Gallardo/Reventon bodywork probably over a new style chassis/drivetrain/engine combination to allow testing and further development of the upcoming Murcielago successor in moderate secrecy.
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini teasers before Paris Auto show EDIT:It's Sesto Elemento Concept-jota01.jpg  

Lamborghini teasers before Paris Auto show EDIT:It's Sesto Elemento Concept-jota02.jpg  

Lamborghini teasers before Paris Auto show EDIT:It's Sesto Elemento Concept-jota03.jpg  

Lamborghini teasers before Paris Auto show EDIT:It's Sesto Elemento Concept-jota04.jpg  

Lamborghini teasers before Paris Auto show EDIT:It's Sesto Elemento Concept-jota05.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th January 2010 at 09:54. Reason: Please provide a SOURCE LINK for this content. Thanks.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 10:02   #2
BHPian

Now, here is another reason why the world shouldn't end in 2012.
I don't think this will/should/can replace the legendary Murcielago.
As of now, it looks like a mix-match of various Lamborghini cars. The front bumpers are from the Gallardo, even the rear view mirrors. What engine will Lamborghini be looking at is a big question. I hope it is the 6.5L V12. It will set this car on par with the lago.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 10:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

The source for the jota would be LamboCars.com, the Lamborghini enthusiast site
Old 25th January 2010, 10:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

Excellent scoop Arjun!

The Jota looks promising! The rear end does remind me of the Miura! It looks great! The huge intake on the side doesn't seem to be a part of the lineage though! Looks more like a Gallardo feature! So are the ORVM and the Superleggera wheels! Bu I guess that's just part of the test mule!

I doubt if it would be powered by the legendary V12. Heck, we might even see VAG's W12 underneath the plexi-glass. I sincerely hope not though!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th January 2010 at 10:50.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 12:02   #5

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2010 at 15:12.
nilesh1890 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 26th January 2010, 23:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

What's with the nomenclature? Jota was a suffix used by Lambo for limited editions just like Superleggera & SuperVeloce right?
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 23:38   #7
BHPian

somehow doesnt look like a successor of murci except that the rear overhang is too much whic points towards a larger engine..
also did somebody say looks like miura?
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 00:25   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
In What way?? I don't even see a single point of resemblance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
somehow doesnt look like a successor of murci except that the rear overhang is too much whic points towards a larger engine..
also did somebody say looks like miura?
I did! If you notice the spy-snaps closely, you'll see the large slats on the engine lid reminiscent to the Miura's! Those slats are present on the Murcielago but they're not as prominent as the ones on the Miura or this new one! I've attached a picture below for reference!
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini teasers before Paris Auto show EDIT:It's Sesto Elemento Concept-1972lamborghinimiurasvratlr.jpg  

suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 08:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I did! If you notice the spy-snaps closely, you'll see the large slats on the engine lid reminiscent to the Miura's! Those slats are present on the Murcielago but they're not as prominent as the ones on the Miura or this new one! I've attached a picture below for reference!
I really hope it is as good as a muira. Because i always thought the murci and the lp in particular was an awesome looking piece of art from every angle and was wondering as to ow they are going to replace it with a prettier car than this ?
Its going to be tuff for lambo designers and frankly as far as the jota's design in comarison the the lp dissapointed me a lot.
Old 27th January 2010, 12:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Typical Lambo stuff here! Low,wide and sharp as a blade.Its got a lot of cues from its stablemates including the Reventon and the legendary Miura.

The shape is nothing out of the box,lets see how the smaller details present themselves!
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 20:57   #11
BHPian

lambo rules ! however it may be , its going to be good . look at their current model range and all are stunning ! reventon is over the top !!!!!
they wont dissapoint as in the case of ferraris since last 10 years , hopeless looking cars , sorry gadgets , not supercars by any standerds .
quattroa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 23:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

@arjun: is this your writeup? If not, please post the source.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 08:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
The source for the jota would be LamboCars.com, the Lamborghini enthusiast site
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
@arjun: is this your writeup? If not, please post the source.
I have already posted the source.
Old 28th January 2010, 12:25   #14
BHPian

damn, what a car!

and since this is supposed to replace the murcielago, hoping they put in a V12
ishotmydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 03:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Default "The Murcie Killer is here" | 2012 Lamborghini Jota Spy Shots |

Seen a lots of imaginations and rendering on the forth-coming Lambo which puts an end to the iconic Murcielago. These are the pics of the Lamborghini Jota which is scheduled for 2012 launch undergoing Snow tests. Heavily Camouflaged, still we can get some cues of the basic design which isn't miles apart from the Murcielago. Fingers Crossed !

The advanced 6.5L V12 block of the Jota is said to churn out a good 700bhp. Sounds Slurp.

Pic Courtesy: carspyphotos
Attached Images

Last edited by Scorcher : 28th March 2010 at 03:38.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote