Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 23rd September 2010, 13:39   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Land Rover's Evoque to cost 30,000 Pounds.EDIT: Leaked Pics of 5 dr version on pg.2

Saw in the Tribune Range Rover hitting in 2011 will carry a tag of 30000 pounds about 21 lakh. Production will be done in Merseyside, UK and sold in over 160 countries.
ajai_dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:41   #2
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This should be posted in the International News Section, not relavent to the Indian car scene,

The CBU duty will not make this price possible

The thread title is misleading.
ACM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

21 lakhs in UK would mean 45 lakhs in India plus registration, so your looking at around 50 odd lakhs if the people play it straight. I would say milking cow (India) would see her at around 70 odd lakhs.

This thread has nothing to do with India so i request the mods to shift it. thank you.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:23   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

What a ridiculous name. I guess it is supposed to be pronounced evoke, but even that seems silly: evoke what?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:06   #5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

The thread title is misleading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
21 lakhs in UK would mean 45 lakhs in India .
I am sorry but check the Business section of Tribune and you will find that its written "Land Rover Evoque to cost RS 21 lakh" thus i am not making up the title i am just copying it word for word from the original source.

Also the fact that its quoted as 21 lakh is the reason why i posted it in the "Indian car section"
ajai_dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post
I am sorry but check the Business section of Tribune and you will find that its written "Land Rover Evoque to cost RS 21 lakh" thus i am not making up the title i am just copying it word for word from the original source.

Also the fact that its quoted as 21 lakh is the reason why i posted it in the "Indian car section"
Even i saw this news today morning in some news channel.
This SUV should be priced at 21 lacs in india and will expected in mid 2011.
If this news is true then RR will rock in india.
KALINGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Its a 3 door SUV.i dont see much a demand here even if it is priced at 21 lakh.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:32   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Curious. I'm not sure what it "evoques" and not sure if I like it or not.
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
There's a 5-door version coming next year-end probably. That should change things for demand
The price is just too good to be true. I highly doubt that would be the on-road price.
shamik.bose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:
A Range Rover if launched at 21L will sell like hot cakes in India. Come on, we are talking about a Range Rover at a price point of Endy, Fortuner & Captiva.

Having said that, 21L is wishful thinking. It would be more like 35-40L, in the range of X3.
alabjarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 15:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post

I never said you were making up the title or any of that. The press guys do tend to get it wrong as they put whatever figures that come to mind. 21 lakhs if available in India means the car cost less than Rs 10 lakhs (INR) in UK. The car would be a CBU so 120 or 140% duty is applicable. My Vogue in London costs more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
A Range Rover if launched at 21L will sell like hot cakes in India. Come on, we are talking about a Range Rover at a price point of Endy, Fortuner & Captiva.

Having said that, 21L is wishful thinking. It would be more like 35-40L, in the range of X3.
IF is the big question. At 21 lakhs it would eat everything in its path. The unfortunate part is the smaller freelander after being made in India would cost us around 32 OR 33 lakhs appx in the X1 league. The Evoque is bigger and then said to be cheaper, i dont think so. 50 lakhs at the cheapest is my guess. This would be placed above the freelander and below the Discovery.

Last edited by speedy : 24th September 2010 at 15:40.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 16:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Pictures always help.
Name:  rangeroverevoque01.jpg
Views: 1648
Size:  53.0 KB

Name:  rangeroverevoque02.jpg
Views: 2360
Size:  47.6 KB

Name:  rangeroverevoque04.jpg
Views: 2028
Size:  59.2 KB
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 17:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the weird X6 can fly off shelves,I don't see any reason why the stunning Evoque won't sell. Heck,at 21 lakhs,it might become India's best selling SUV!. But,rest assured it'll cost north of 50 big ones!
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 18:04   #14
BHPian

Evoque will be the first Land Rover to be offered with front-wheel drive in order to lower CO2 emissions.

It will be using a new 238bhp, 2.0-litre Si4 petrol engine, this is supposed to combine the performance and refinement of a six-cylinder engine with four-cylinder fuel economy.
There will also be two derivatives of the 2.2-litre diesel, delivering 148bhp or 187bhp. The lower-powered version is claimed to deliver up to 58mpg, with sub-130g/km of CO2. All diesel engines with manual transmissions will feature stop-start systems to further reduce emissions, while an updated six-speed automatic transmission will be offered with petrol and diesel engines.

The vehicle looks stunning but I am not sure how big the market is for a three door SUV which costs so much.
AdityaLN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 18:38   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm all for three-doored small cars, but I cannot see the sense in three-door large cars.

For looks: my first reaction was someone cut the front of a Range Rover and stuck it on ...something else, I don't know what. Oh, just saw fazalaliadil post, they gave it a RR back too.

My question about this car is: why?