Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 9th August 2013, 18:01   #16
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ssangyong starts shipping Korando C

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Korando C will work well here if priced around the Scorpio top end and nudging around in the XUV space.
I so wish this could be true! But do you really think Mahindra would be so foolish to price this around the XUV mark thereby killing its own product.

My guess is this could cost around the 20lakh mark when launched in India.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 18:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I so wish this could be true! But do you really think Mahindra would be so foolish to price this around the XUV mark thereby killing its own product.

My guess is this could cost around the 20lakh mark when launched in India.
Yes. Speculatively speaking they will try to position it as direct competition to the Yeti and to the Hyundai new Tucson. No doubt about that.
The Korando C is a segment lower than the Rexton so it will be positioned as such.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote