Team-BHP - 'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/89787-brabus-hyundai-i20-sport.html)

Brabus, eternally known for high-performance, tuned Mercedes models have just did the unexpected.

It has teamed up with, hold your breath, Hyundai to come out with the i20 Sport. The i20, launched in Paris a couple of years back is one of Hyundai's most successful models in Europe ever.

All set to be produced in the first half of 2011 as a limited edition model, the engine and other technical specifications of the car is still not released. But the pictures are out for all of us to enjoy. The car looks stunning with it's subtle yet sporty theme in the form of smoked head and taillights, skirts, spoilers and wide, low-pro Yokohama tires.

'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport-2011-i20-sport-1.jpg

'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport-2011-i20-sport-2.jpg

'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport-2011-i20-sportbadge-1.jpg

'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport-2011-i20-sportinteriors-1.jpg

'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport-2011-i20-sportinteriors-2.jpg

No changes to the engine?I hope they have plonked in a 200bhp fire breather in there!
Brabus Hyundai,what next?

PS: @blackasta this is the perfect car for you:)(although it says sportz)

Awesome. Something like this would be a blessing from heaven for us. But I don't think this will be coming to India especially since its a 3 door.

How about a Brabus tuned i10? With 17" wheels, a souped up engine, strut braces and stiffer shocks, lovely.
It is sold as a 4 door everywhere, so Hyundai CAN bring it down to India.

Hyundai i20 Brabus | Paris Motor Show | Motor Shows | Auto Express

Hope they will launch in india too.

The alloy design is pretty cool. They match perfectly with the car color and its character. The contrasting interior theme looks good as well.

Looks very beautiful to me; infact in one glance its hard to say if its i20 & they've done a real good meaning to the word "Sports" :D

Any idea on the tech spec?

The car looks wow...

I love the twin exhausts clap: Looks real cool :thumbs up

Sad story: Such cars never come down to India. Even if they do, only a select get to buy it (cost obiviously!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2090311)
Looks very beautiful to me; infact in one glance its hard to say if its i20 & they've done a real good meaning to the word "Sports" :D

Any idea on the tech spec?

I think they have not done any tech changes, its 1.4 100bhp and they are planning to launch 1.6 130bhp.
But why there is no Brabus badge ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2090405)
Sad story: Such cars never come down to India. Even if they do, only a select get to buy it (cost obiviously!)

Absolutely spot on!

I am just not convinced why manufacturers are finding it difficult to launch these "Sport" versions here in India. Just imagine if this i20 Sport, original Suzuki Swift Sport, Fabia vRS, VW Polo GTi, Fiat Punto Abarth etc. are all launched in India. Since the volumes would be very less, these cars can be made to order. They will not only improve the image of the brand but also help in increasing sales of the other versions of the model.

Coming back to the i20 Sport, I seriously hope there is enough power and good handling to do justice to this killer looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 2090175)
No changes to the engine?I hope they have plonked in a 200bhp fire breather in there!
Brabus Hyundai,what next?

PS: @blackasta this is the perfect car for you:)(although it says sportz)

Oh yeah!
Alas - Hyundai has no plans whatsoever to launch their 3 door hatches here :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOS Power (Post 2090210)
Awesome. Something like this would be a blessing from heaven for us. But I don't think this will be coming to India especially since its a 3 door.

How about a Brabus tuned i10? With 17" wheels, a souped up engine, strut braces and stiffer shocks, lovely.

17" wheels would simply be too much for an i10 in India (more so in Kolkata - as you would know very well :) ). But - whats wrong in Brabus trying it out!! The Kappa2 VTVT should be good enough IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvi86 (Post 2090444)
Absolutely spot on!

I am just not convinced why manufacturers are finding it difficult to launch these "Sport" versions here in India. Just imagine if this i20 Sport, original Suzuki Swift Sport, Fabia vRS, VW Polo GTi, Fiat Punto Abarth etc. are all launched in India. Since the volumes would be very less, these cars can be made to order. They will not only improve the image of the brand but also help in increasing sales of the other versions of the model.

Coming back to the i20 Sport, I seriously hope there is enough power and good handling to do justice to this killer looks.

Poeple would get VERY confused between the current i20 'sportz' and this i20 'sport'.

And hey - look its an AT box!!!

Correct me if i am wrong here. But i fail to see the big idea of joining hands with Barbus, just for the cosmetic mods. Atleast the Hyundai i20 Brabus | Paris Motor Show | Motor Shows | Auto Express says that it will now come with the same 1.4 which is now available.

I think Hyundai should launch the 1.4 petrol version in manual now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOS Power (Post 2090210)

Yes, it's also being reported that the i20 Sport will be made in both 3-door and 5-door versions and will be produced either in Hyundai India or Turkey plants or possibly, both.

Will that atleast prompt Hyundai to treat us Indians with this i20 Sport?

Ummm... I don't get this concept. I agree that it looks great, thought the interior is a bit too orange. But isnt Brabus into tuning up Mercedes with monstrous 7 litre and above engines capable of over 200mph? Unless it was done for irony, a Brabus i20 does not really seem very appealing.

Still, why can't Hyundai take a clue from this and do something officially (and all other car manufacturers as well). Why not a Swift Sport, Punto Abarth, Polo GTi for India?