Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 1st October 2010, 06:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default 'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport

Brabus, eternally known for high-performance, tuned Mercedes models have just did the unexpected.

It has teamed up with, hold your breath, Hyundai to come out with the i20 Sport. The i20, launched in Paris a couple of years back is one of Hyundai's most successful models in Europe ever.

All set to be produced in the first half of 2011 as a limited edition model, the engine and other technical specifications of the car is still not released. But the pictures are out for all of us to enjoy. The car looks stunning with it's subtle yet sporty theme in the form of smoked head and taillights, skirts, spoilers and wide, low-pro Yokohama tires.

'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport-2011-i20-sport-1.jpg

'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport-2011-i20-sport-2.jpg

'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport-2011-i20-sportbadge-1.jpg

'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport-2011-i20-sportinteriors-1.jpg

'Brabus' Hyundai i20 Sport-2011-i20-sportinteriors-2.jpg
arvi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 10:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

No changes to the engine?I hope they have plonked in a 200bhp fire breather in there!
Brabus Hyundai,what next?

PS: @blackasta this is the perfect car for you(although it says sportz)
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 10:35   #3
BHPian

Awesome. Something like this would be a blessing from heaven for us. But I don't think this will be coming to India especially since its a 3 door.

How about a Brabus tuned i10? With 17" wheels, a souped up engine, strut braces and stiffer shocks, lovely.
It is sold as a 4 door everywhere, so Hyundai CAN bring it down to India.
NOS Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 10:41   #4
BHPian

Hyundai i20 Brabus | Paris Motor Show | Motor Shows | Auto Express

Hope they will launch in india too.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 11:10   #5
BHPian

The alloy design is pretty cool. They match perfectly with the car color and its character. The contrasting interior theme looks good as well.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 11:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Looks very beautiful to me; infact in one glance its hard to say if its i20 & they've done a real good meaning to the word "Sports"

Any idea on the tech spec?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 12:42   #7
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The car looks wow...

I love the twin exhausts Looks real cool
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 12:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

Sad story: Such cars never come down to India. Even if they do, only a select get to buy it (cost obiviously!)
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 12:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Looks very beautiful to me; infact in one glance its hard to say if its i20 & they've done a real good meaning to the word "Sports"

Any idea on the tech spec?
I think they have not done any tech changes, its 1.4 100bhp and they are planning to launch 1.6 130bhp.
But why there is no Brabus badge ?
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 13:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sad story: Such cars never come down to India. Even if they do, only a select get to buy it (cost obiviously!)
Absolutely spot on!

I am just not convinced why manufacturers are finding it difficult to launch these "Sport" versions here in India. Just imagine if this i20 Sport, original Suzuki Swift Sport, Fabia vRS, VW Polo GTi, Fiat Punto Abarth etc. are all launched in India. Since the volumes would be very less, these cars can be made to order. They will not only improve the image of the brand but also help in increasing sales of the other versions of the model.

Coming back to the i20 Sport, I seriously hope there is enough power and good handling to do justice to this killer looks.
Old 1st October 2010, 13:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
No changes to the engine?I hope they have plonked in a 200bhp fire breather in there!
Brabus Hyundai,what next?

PS: @blackasta this is the perfect car for you(although it says sportz)
Oh yeah!
Alas - Hyundai has no plans whatsoever to launch their 3 door hatches here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
Awesome. Something like this would be a blessing from heaven for us. But I don't think this will be coming to India especially since its a 3 door.

How about a Brabus tuned i10? With 17" wheels, a souped up engine, strut braces and stiffer shocks, lovely.
17" wheels would simply be too much for an i10 in India (more so in Kolkata - as you would know very well ). But - whats wrong in Brabus trying it out!! The Kappa2 VTVT should be good enough IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Absolutely spot on!

I am just not convinced why manufacturers are finding it difficult to launch these "Sport" versions here in India. Just imagine if this i20 Sport, original Suzuki Swift Sport, Fabia vRS, VW Polo GTi, Fiat Punto Abarth etc. are all launched in India. Since the volumes would be very less, these cars can be made to order. They will not only improve the image of the brand but also help in increasing sales of the other versions of the model.

Coming back to the i20 Sport, I seriously hope there is enough power and good handling to do justice to this killer looks.
Poeple would get VERY confused between the current i20 'sportz' and this i20 'sport'.

And hey - look its an AT box!!!

Last edited by blackasta : 1st October 2010 at 13:45.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 14:33   #12
BHPian

Correct me if i am wrong here. But i fail to see the big idea of joining hands with Barbus, just for the cosmetic mods. Atleast the Hyundai i20 Brabus | Paris Motor Show | Motor Shows | Auto Express says that it will now come with the same 1.4 which is now available.
bhagathgowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 17:30   #13
BHPian

I think Hyundai should launch the 1.4 petrol version in manual now.
scarlet.fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 22:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post

Yes, it's also being reported that the i20 Sport will be made in both 3-door and 5-door versions and will be produced either in Hyundai India or Turkey plants or possibly, both.

Will that atleast prompt Hyundai to treat us Indians with this i20 Sport?
Old 2nd October 2010, 06:42   #15
BHPian

Ummm... I don't get this concept. I agree that it looks great, thought the interior is a bit too orange. But isnt Brabus into tuning up Mercedes with monstrous 7 litre and above engines capable of over 200mph? Unless it was done for irony, a Brabus i20 does not really seem very appealing.

Still, why can't Hyundai take a clue from this and do something officially (and all other car manufacturers as well). Why not a Swift Sport, Punto Abarth, Polo GTi for India?
avi550m is offline   Reply With Quote