Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 25th November 2010, 01:10   #106
BHPian

I've recently traveled on the new GP EVO, I was really surprised to see the improvement FIAT achieved in the interior, it's a huge leap from the previous GP interiors. Better build quality and fresh looking plush interior with soft plastic.
I wish FIAT brought these changes to India as one interiors are one of the biggest set back for the current GP
rajtheindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 01:16   #107
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
I've recently traveled on the new GP EVO, I was really surprised to see the improvement FIAT achieved in the interior, it's a huge leap from the previous GP interiors. Better build quality and fresh looking plush interior with soft plastic.
Wow! That sounds re-assuring.

Raj, I would be very much pleased if you share the interior pictures with us?

By the way, was it a GP EVO T-Jet?

Quote:
I wish FIAT brought these changes to India as one interiors are one of the biggest set back for the current GP
+1 to you.

Fiat, are you listening?

Last edited by Surviving Brain : 25th November 2010 at 01:18. Reason: Replaced a smiley ;)
Surviving Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 07:08   #108
Senior - BHPian

The interiors is just fantastic and gives the impression of best quality but front face treatment is just as ugly as possible.

Fiat are you listening?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 07:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

The car looks brilliant and finally its getting an engine which I think should match up with the excellent chassis it has got.

I like the interiors aswell with the nice fiat 500 touches. Love the funkiness.
Now I really hope they have a diesel with an automatic transmission mated to it.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 08:08   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
...and finally its getting an engine which I think should match up with the excellent chassis it has got.
I didn't get your point.

FYI, the Fiat Grande Punto was offered with T-Jet engine, 1.6 MJD and in Abarth trim. IMHO, even the earlier Fiat GP had engines that matched well with its ride and handling

Last edited by Klub Class : 25th November 2010 at 08:10.
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 12:28   #111
Senior - BHPian

I like the current exterior looks.

But what high quality interiors!!

Wow...Somehow liked the pics posted by Funkycar. But the car feels ugly in the pic posted by Hammerhead though.

Maybe it will grow on you?
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 06:49   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I didn't get your point.

FYI, the Fiat Grande Punto was offered with T-Jet engine, 1.6 MJD and in Abarth trim. IMHO, even the earlier Fiat GP had engines that matched well with its ride and handling
But it wasnt available in India right !
We now have a possibility of seeing these great engines in the car in INdia.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 08:43   #113
BHPian

I think this is way hotter than the current Punto. The current punto looks a little simple and the silver grill on em pack makes it look even more dull. I mean an executivish look on a hatch does not go well.

A hatch has to look hot not executive.

This evo is sexy, mean, aggresive and looks like a meaty hybrid of 500, aston and mini.

If seen carefully, the interior change is cosmetic with some colour combination here and there, and a little change in shape of dash.
Speed Pujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 01:20   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
But it wasnt available in India right !
We now have a possibility of seeing these great engines in the car in INdia.
Alright! I feel that, if Fiat succeeds in selling a pretty decent amount of Linea T-Jet, then we might be able to see the current Fiat GP in T-Jet Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
If seen carefully, the interior change is cosmetic with some colour combination here and there, and a little change in shape of dash.
It's not just a cosmetic change. Going through the pics, I feel that they have changed almost everything expect the steering wheel.(PS: Forgive me if the pics are deceiving me. )

Anyway, I just love the interiors of Punto Evo.

Last edited by Klub Class : 27th November 2010 at 01:24. Reason: Added a smiley
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 18:33   #115
Senior - BHPian

Default ACI report: Fiat to launch punto EVO in India

Autocar India's June issue page 19 reports that Fiat will launch the updated punto EVO in India sometime later this year with 1.2, 1.4 gasoline and 1.3 multijet diesel options. There will be facelift to the exteriors and interiors though the mechanicals will remain the same.

The whole article is there on the ACI magazine, but it only describes the facelift.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:07   #116
AWD
BANNED

Default Re: ACI report: Fiat to launch punto EVO in India

Call it the new Swift effect! There is even a talk of VW bringing in a 1.5L 4 cyl. diesel engine for the Polo.
Punto needs changes more so because its already started to lag in sales.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:10   #117
Senior - BHPian

The changes on the Inside are welcome, but i think the exterior changes spoil the classic and elegant looks of the Punto :(
Name:  Fiat_Grande_Punto_Evo_Difference.JPG
Views: 3583
Size:  147.4 KB
Name:  Fiat_Punto_Evo_Differences.JPG
Views: 3309
Size:  101.9 KB
Name:  Fiat_Grande_Punto_Evo_Interior_Change.JPG
Views: 4502
Size:  108.1 KB
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:28   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Call it the new Swift effect! There is even a talk of VW bringing in a 1.5L 4 cyl. diesel engine for the Polo.
Punto needs changes more so because its already started to lag in sales.
Is there such an engine available in the VW? Is it already being used ? With 1.6D available, in India, why would VW develop a 1.5 engine in India? Would it be profitable for them?

Coming back to Punto:
Two main aspects which let Punto off: Interiors of the Car and Fiat After sales.
More than interiors Fiat needs to spruce up after sales. I guess, the rest will automatically follow.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:38   #119
AWD
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
With 1.6D available, in India, why would VW develop a 1.5 engine in India? Would it be profitable for them?
Two main aspects which let Punto off: Interiors of the Car and Fiat After sales.More than interiors Fiat needs to spruce up after sales.
The report about 1.5L diesel unit is again from ACI.

Sure Fiat needs to spruce up the after sales but bringing in something new is always welcome. Improving after sales won't reflect on the image early, its a slow & steady process. While changes to the vehicle coupled with improved after sales will have an immediate effect & Fiat as we all know cannot afford to waste more time sorting out its act.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:43   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
More than interiors Fiat needs to spruce up after sales. I guess, the rest will automatically follow.
Right said Sir. FIAT's problem doesn't lie in its cars, they don't have to keep face lifting them and breaking their heads wondering why they are still not able to sell them like their competitors do! But a positive change is always welcome though.

FIAT, next time before you go about re-visiting your drawing board, you might be better of, visiting a TATA dealership as a normal, but potential Punto or Linea buyer to understand your real problem

Last edited by aravind.anand : 22nd May 2011 at 19:45. Reason: additional content.
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote