Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 14th March 2012, 12:13   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: TOP Gear America EDIT - Season 3 Aired

Season 2, Episode 13 is out for download. Waiting to see what they will feature this time.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 15:45   #32
F50
Senior - BHPian

Default re: TOP Gear America EDIT - Season 3 Aired

Season 3 is live!

Top Gear America is back with Season 3! Pretty good 4 episodes till date. They have got rid of SIARPC (i think) But overall they have carried quality levels from last season.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 00:39   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Top Gear Season 18 coming in 2012!

Topgear USA started telecasting on BBC Entertainment today. Watching it for the first time and finding it totally a copied version of UK one. Watched only 15 minutes and found it not much good enough.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 08:16   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: TOP Gear America EDIT - Season 3 Aired

My favourite program is Topgear, the UK version.

When we moved to the US, I did watch the American version a couple of times. It's nothing like the UK version. Luckily we had BBC America on our cable, so we did get Topgear UK as well. Unfortunately, they don't broadcast the recent series, so it was all repeats. But then again, I enjoy those too. I must have seen every Topgear episode many times over. Still enjoy it!

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 08:08   #35
BHPian

Why do they even try to replicate Top Gear UK is just beyond me! There is no replacement for Jezza, Hamster, Cap. Slow, period!

Perhaps the producers should have given Top Gear USA a different plot, set up and a unique identity rather than do a blatant copy. Every night I look forward to that 10 PM slot and keep myself free for the hour. These past few days, its just been a HUGE disappointment and the only saving grace: I get to go to be bed early!

I don't mind repeat episodes of Top Gear UK, so BBC, please bring those "3 idiots" back! A case in point: my mum who loathes any car show loves Top Gear UK! Now, she's disappointed too!

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 15th November 2012 at 08:09.
swiftdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 16:37   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Why do they even try to replicate Top Gear UK is just beyond me! There is no replacement for Jezza, Hamster, Cap. Slow, period!

I don't mind repeat episodes of Top Gear UK, so BBC, please bring those "3 idiots" back! A case in point: my mum who loathes any car show loves Top Gear UK! Now, she's disappointed too!
True. All their episodes/challenges are taken directly from TG UK. Even the plot remains the same. But somehow, I quite enjoy it (maybe because TG UK is off air and got nothing else to watch).

Well, as for TG UK, you will have to wait for another 3 months .
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 15:41   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Top gear is out with the continuation of Season 3.

As always, they have come up with a challenge. Had loved their previous challenges (but not as good as TGUK) but their latest episode was a total disaster. This time it featured the rides used by them during their college days. The challenges were very boring and it was quite evident that all their actions/comedies were scripted.

Total disaster according to me. The next episode finished airing today morning. Will download it and see if it's any better.
Old 9th February 2013, 09:33   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched episode 8. Was much better when compared to episode 7. Had some interesting challenges. But I should say the last bit was excellent. G-Wagon AMG was awesome. Brilliant camera work with some awesome soundtrack. The last bit was worth watching.
Old 9th May 2014, 15:01   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Top Gear US is back!
Advertisements for a new season of Top Gear US have begun airing on HISTORY saying that it will be back June 3rd.

Source - FinalGear
Old 24th January 2016, 07:21   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Top Gear US Returning With Cuban Road Trip After Lengthy Hiatus

Quote:
After last airing in October 2014 and all the trouble in BBC, many thought that the US version of Top Gear that airs on the History Channel had been cancelled.

Following a series of tweets from presenter Rutledge Wood however, we now know that isn't the case.

Wood and co-presenter Adam Ferrara posted up a series of tweets showing them and Tanner Foust on set in Cuba for a special episode.

The tweets from the Top Gear trio show that during their Cuban adventure, they'll be driving at least three of these cars.

A release date for the new season hasn't been released yet, but it'll likely kick off within the next six months.
TOP Gear America EDIT - Season 3 Aired-czhojdmwaaa1sgg-1.jpg

TOP Gear America EDIT - Season 3 Aired-czhtujmwwaenjwh.jpg

TOP Gear America EDIT - Season 3 Aired-czhtujqwkaaeupr.jpg

Courtesy - carscoop
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 11:23   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

I never got into Top Gear USA. It just isn't on par with the original Top Gear by any stretch of the imagination. Luckily, even when living in the USA I could get proper Top Gear reruns on several channels!
Jeroen is online now   Reply With Quote