Team-BHP - Duboy Motor Show - Pictures (Part 1)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Duboy Motor Show - Pictures (Part 1) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/9272-duboy-motor-show-pictures-part-1-a.html)

Hi all

Steeroid here, uploading pics on behalf of TBHP member Duboy who wants to see 'his' pictures uploaded here. He sat up for a while to watch the process, but is now asleep....

More pics will follow, as these are pics taken yesterday when my small digicam let me down. A few phone calls, advice from a certain Mr.Sen and now armed with a spanking new Nikon D50, I went back to take pictures again today. Those pics will be updated tomorrow...its back-breaking work...

Okay here are Duboy's pics to be updated:

The ONLY kid and one of the few people to be allowed next to the Veyron...because they thought his name is Veyron too!

Every little kid's dream ride...

Dune buggy, city buggy

I really need one of these...

Will need more than a fortune to drive the Fortuner...NEED LONG LEGS

Is he a dude or what???? Honda is so cool!

Hey I pressed the RIGHT button!

This one is for 'lamborghini uncle'

Isnt this dandy? Fit for a certain Bling King! (Spyker convertible)

F1 is passe, K1 is in. Single seat racer for kids, but Duboy's still 'not old enough':

The big daddy of Pink Cadillacs! (Autopsyche, are you watching?)

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Now this is SERIOUS FUN! I (Steeroid) will be posting more pics of this amazing CRIKE or BAR (Car + Bike) which despite being a 3 wheeler keeps all its wheels on the ground while taking corners like a bike. Amazing stuff...
BUT for the price, I'd love to have this in India! There was a video of Jenson Button taking this at insane speeds through dirt, scrambling up some dust and grinning from ear to ear like a kid at an amusement park!

Comments are welcome... Duboy will be logging in 'to see his pictures' in the morning.

Gnite all!

hey nice pics steeroid i mean duboy...hahaha which was the best car in the motor show ?
the veyron lamborghinis and the stretch look amazing.i remember seeing a documentation on the 3 wheeled bike on discovery channel a while back.remarkable technology i must say !!

Rev

Nice report guys. Did you get a chance to see the DC booth. I am wondering what reaction the public had to his 2 star creations.

The Bugatti...mmmmmm

Hmmm, it'l be interesting to see the Bugatti on Dubai roads. Some competition for all those 1000bhp Skylines.

Shan2nu

Nice pics kiddo,
you can easily guess which one was my fav. (thanks)
Cheers

Nice pics guys, that streched..... Hummer looks cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Nice report guys. Did you get a chance to see the DC booth. I am wondering what reaction the public had to his 2 star creations.

The DC booth was a tiny one, tucked away into the last corner of the last hall....I had to spend time looking for it.

The S class didnt look special outside, but he's really given it the treatment inside - IMHO the interior appointments are on par with or better than the other limos on display there. On account of the tiny stall, one couldnt even get a sideways profile of either car - you could only see their fronts. Therefore no pics.

The Cayenne on the other hand does look quite good. It does not look as bad as that ghastly front-on pic on arush's post, and the overall treatment was actually quite nice.

There were, predictably, a whole lot of arab boys crawling in and out of the Cayenne. I'm assuming we'll see some of these on the roads - the S stretch is something you can spot on the roads even if some were sold.

hey duboy

great coverage young man ...

@steeroid = did they mention the retail on the Veyron in dubai???
i am so sure the 2005 bugatti ad i saw on autosouk website was for the Veyron there were just a bit too many digits...

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
@steeroid = did they mention the retail on the Veyron in dubai???

What was amazing was how little people knew of this vehicle....most came to see it because it was a 'cute' and had a 2-tone finish. A lot of people wanted to know the price, and I overheard one Syrian asking the gentleman in the suit 'how much for this car?'

Mr. Suit: 1 Million

Syrian : Wallah! 1 million Dirham for this????

Mr. Suit: No Sir, its 1 Million Euro and its booked for the next 3 years....

I have a whole set of photos of the Veyron, the Fort GT, Lambo, McLaren, Spyker and various other cars including the Fortuner (which I am sure many of you are eager to see) and the very smart looking new Suzuki Vitara. Will post those in another thread - this one is for Duboy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Mr. Suit: 1 Million

Syrian : Wallah! 1 million Dirham for this????

Mr. Suit: No Sir, its 1 Million Euro and its booked for the next 3 years....

hehe... we may find it funny ..but ask the "common" man ,many dint even know what bugatti is let alone veyron ...

anyways , i found this , u think this is authentic ? the price quoted here is in USD which amounts to 2 mill EUR
http://www.autosouk.com/findacarsear...sp?mode=SIMPLE

Takes me 26 years to be up and close with a supercar (The Enzo), and heres a car boy whos touched the fastest car in the world!

Good job. Splendid pictures

GTO

Nice initial report of the pics Sterroid and Duboy. Your father-son visits have made me nostalgic about the times my dad used to take me to the Dubai Motor Show every year when I was even younger than Duboy.

Is it still held at the Dubai Trade centre or has it shifted elsewhere?

I second GTO on the supercar thing. The Dubai Show had first time brought me face to face with the mighty Ferrari F40 way back in 1987. I was 9 years old then

Can we have some Ferrari pics too Father/Son?

Keep them coming

You are one lucky dude...God only knows when we are going to have an Indian Motor Show with all those beasts coming...gr8 pics man. Keep Up the Good Work....
I can hardly wait for Part II of the "Duboy Motor Show".

Lucky people dippy, gto, duboy steeroid et all......getting to see those amazing cars.........Im sooo jealous.....