Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 29th December 2016, 13:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat CEO tells VW Boss to Back-Off on Requests for Alfa Romeo, Fix His Own Proble

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
This is great news. Alfa desperately needs a good management and some German-ness to make them reliable and affordable. The market for good looking hatches and roadsters is hot and Alfa backed with expertise of VW can really exploit it.

As to the part sharing in VW family, I know this is not the ideal scenario and personally I too prefer Alfa as an independent company but the reality is that in order for Alfa to survive and flourish it needs VW. I would not like Alfa to end up like SAAB

All that you have said is fine.

But the Italians have "soul". Temperamental. Passionate. Full of Artistic fervour and Artistic Temperament too.

The Germans are by contrast, Cold, Calculating, Precise, Efficient but somehow they lack "Soul".

I know that reliability is an issue with some of these Italian cars and German vehicles by and large are far more predictable etc.

I love Alfa as a marque. Always have.

I wish they could remain independent and be given that artistic freedom while being well funded while under the kindly yet disciplinarian eye of a sort of a "benevolent" "super nanny".
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 21:17   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat CEO tells VW Boss to Back-Off on Requests for Alfa Romeo, Fix His Own Proble

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
All that you have said is fine.

But the Italians have "soul". Temperamental. Passionate. Full of Artistic fervour and Artistic Temperament too.

The Germans are by contrast, Cold, Calculating, Precise, Efficient but somehow they lack "Soul".

I know that reliability is an issue with some of these Italian cars and German vehicles by and large are far more predictable etc.

I love Alfa as a marque. Always have.

I wish they could remain independent and be given that artistic freedom while being well funded while under the kindly yet disciplinarian eye of a sort of a "benevolent" "super nanny".
So far VW has done a good job with Bentley and Lambo. It might be that Lambos have "less of an Italian soul" however they are much more drivable and useable now. Without companies like VW and Tata, brands like Lambo, bentley and Jaguar wouldn't have survived or would have become sub-par like Maserati and Aston.
vagu is offline   Reply With Quote