Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 14th January 2006, 22:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427
when the doors open, do they still make it look like a horns of a bull ????

the guys who know this special feature about the old miura will know what i m talking about.

this was the beginning of lambos tryst with ROCKING DOORS.
Sadly, it appears that that feature will not appear on this design. One can see that the door crease extends above the side windows, which means that the entire door will open from the A to the B pillar.

The bull-shaped doors with the windows down was truly a magnificent feature.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 02:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

ferrari has launched the new fxx in response to lambo's miura.

where is maserati among all these?
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 03:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
ferrari has launched the new fxx in response to lambo's miura.

where is maserati among all these?
I'm not sure the FXX is a Miura competitor.
Besides, I knew of the FXX since early 2005, far before this Miura concept was revealed.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 07:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

FXX was never designed to compete with anything, it si just a prototype track based car which is not road legal, a car in which the owners themselves can act as developement drivers and give their feedback to ferrari to help them develop futture models.

Maserati are in a bit of turmoil again, with rumours of another sale being rife.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2006, 13:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Beautiful!!

Thats what im taking about when i say design cues that line up with the new bulls, although this looks more like it would be placed against the 612 than be the new miura...?

cya
R
This particular concept is rumoured to be the new Espada that Lamborghini plans to develop. The Miura is a reality now and yeah it looks exactly like the old legend!
SPEED_DEMON82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2006, 05:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
This particular concept is rumoured to be the new Espada that Lamborghini plans to develop. The Miura is a reality now and yeah it looks exactly like the old legend!
I dont know if thats entirely a good thing..they should have modernized it a little..considering its 40 yrs in the future..the GT40 retro still looks very modern but the miura concept didnt quite get there in my opinion..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2006, 05:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

now why is evolution taking a U-turn???

gm brings back camaro
chrysler brings back the charger
Lambo brings back the miura

whats next???
Old 17th January 2006, 06:29   #38
BHPian

given Lamborghini's exploits in making true sports car it came to me as no surprise with the lauch of all-pervading Miura ...a car which defines the golden histoty of Lamborghini..ferrari has a fleet of great looking sports cars bt Lamborghini has somehow managed to pull bk and produce amazing machines such as Murcielago Gallardo and now the all new refined Miura...it certianly has taken a hat from Aston Martin who like Lamborghini had lost their art of redesigning old versions to appease and bring bk their lost charm..Aston Martin did it with Vantage and V8 Vanquish...
ambylimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2006, 15:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
I dont know if thats entirely a good thing..they should have modernized it a little..considering its 40 yrs in the future..the GT40 retro still looks very modern but the miura concept didnt quite get there in my opinion..
Well they wanted to get tha Miura back and from what i have read, i've gathered that the old Miura was inspired by the Ford GT40, the LeMans winner ..... and it took its design ques from there, so keeping history in mind, the designers did what those engineers of the weekend club did for Lamborghini, took ques from the old Miura and the new Ford GT and named it the New Miura. The top management was also not too happy about the look on this car (is what one said he got to know from a company insider. Read it on another forum)

This design has not been taken too well by other auto-enthusiasts on some other forums i visit. For me there will only be one Miura -The Old One !!
SPEED_DEMON82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2006, 16:28   #40

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
now why is evolution taking a U-turn???

gm brings back camaro
chrysler brings back the charger
Lambo brings back the miura

whats next???
old is gold dude. these are just some blasts from the past
sundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 05:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

THen I would want the countach more than the Miura. I hope they launch it at the time I have enough money to buy one.
Old 18th January 2006, 06:24   #42
BHPian

Lambo has wat it takes to refurbish , redesign and roll out a car tht captures imagination all over...
ambylimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 09:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

This Miura should remain a concept. Somwhow the idea of relaunching it dosent seem so appealin any more.
There are certain holy names in motoring which I feel shouldnt be touched or reincarnated unless the new one captures the spirit of the old one.
The new Beetle I feel was not that great a design, but it was success and is falling back only now. The new Mini is nearly perfect, captures the spirit of the old one and is very modern and fun to drive I hear.
I feel sad that the new Ford GT wouldnt be raced, but then.......

Such big names are safer left alone than reincarnated. As Ford and BMW have shown us, people only get it right sometimes.....
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2006, 02:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
This Miura should remain a concept. Somwhow the idea of relaunching it dosent seem so appealin any more.
There are certain holy names in motoring which I feel shouldnt be touched or reincarnated unless the new one captures the spirit of the old one.
The new Beetle I feel was not that great a design, but it was success and is falling back only now. The new Mini is nearly perfect, captures the spirit of the old one and is very modern and fun to drive I hear.
I feel sad that the new Ford GT wouldnt be raced, but then.......

Such big names are safer left alone than reincarnated. As Ford and BMW have shown us, people only get it right sometimes.....

while your concept of reincarnation is perfect, I really think the new Miura has what it takes to carry forward the legacy. Atleast its not those prototype models GM and Ford realease every year.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:41   #45
BHPian

I love the new Camaro, Charger and Challenger. Of course the old ones are iconic.

The Old Mustang looked way better than the new one.

I also like the Miura Concept. Yes I think it will match the 612 very well. I also like the models that Ferrari are launching nowadays.

For many of us who discuss this here; the sad thing is that we will not be able to afford one even in a million years. The people who can buy are the only ones who have a say on this subject.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote