Team-BHP - Porsche's 5/XF/E/A6 rival under development!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Porsche's 5/XF/E/A6 rival under development! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/98542-porsches-5-xf-e-a6-rival-under-development.html)

Quote:

With the Panamera proving to be a resounding sales success, a new report is indicating Porsche is developing a smaller model to target the BMW 5-Series and Mercedes E-Class.
Tentatively dubbed the Pajun - for Panamera Junior - the car would mix traditional Porsche styling with a four-door coupe design. In essence, the idea mimics the philosophy of the Cajun by taking a successful model and building a smaller, cheaper version of it.
Under the hood, engine options would reportedly carryover from the Panamera so expect petrol, hybrid, and diesel variants.
While nothing is official, Autobild is reporting the Pajun could be launched in 2016 with prices starting at €60,000.
Source: Worldcarfans

Disclaimer: Attached pics are not official renderings but renderings of a Panamera off the www which appeared smaller to me (Scorcher) than the Panamera.

Can someone please tell Porsche that the Panamera is the ugliest car rolling of their production line! Its silly to design their new car based on the Panamera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2289869)
Source: Worldcarfans

Disclaimer: Attached pics are not official renderings but renderings of a Panamera off the www which appeared smaller to me (Scorcher) than the Panamera.

The Frog look looks classic for a sports car. The same theme had horrendous effect on a Sedan aka Panamera and now they are shortening it ? :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsyde (Post 2289951)
Can someone please tell Porsche that the Panamera is the ugliest car rolling of their production line! Its silly to design their new car based on the Panamera.

Looks are very much subjective. It may or may not appeal to the flock but we can't deny the fact that Panameras out number the Quattroportes (I am aware of the fact that the Maserati is not officially available in India) even in our country. I don't believe a Hayabusa is the best-looking bike in the world, still there are people who love it because of what it can do. Apply the same logic here and you $$$ will be a lot more justified, also consider the fact that when pitched against the Quattroporte and Rapide, the Panamera out-performed both in the TG comparo.
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 2289998)
now they are shortening it ?

Yea, kind of! :D

If pricing is similar to competitors...Expect it to be a huge hit.

No please no!Its it bad already that we have to deal with the panamera?

This looks just like a Panamera CS version! A 911 backed into a hatchback!

Something i expect top gear to come up in one of their challenges.

+From the first picture rear 3/4 looks like Maruti Dezire. :-)

Seriously, why is Porsche keen on killing its brand name with such hideous looking cars!! For me the 911 is the only real Porsche that exists in this world. The Panamera, Cayenne, Boxster etc. are just wannabes.