Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 25th August 2011, 13:57   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

Guys the Best block and tier for 35k? :P Book my show unable to give me an approximate view. Seeing the Cars in the Pits would be awesome. any help would be appreciated
kimianks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 15:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipunkul View Post
I guess once its clear if there are steps to sit on in the south picnic stand, I'll prefer that to the fixed seat T3 classic or T4 star. One can change his/her position and check during practice/quali, which parts of the stand are the best.

But if its a standing only (natural stand like slope), then its no good to be crushed by 4000 people jostling for space!
Exactly. If its not a slope one can imagine the pushing thats going to happen in these stands to get a good view.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 18:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Guys the Best block and tier for 35k? :P Book my show unable to give me an approximate view. Seeing the Cars in the Pits would be awesome. any help would be appreciated
I have been to Sepang. While seats in front of the pitlanes are nice , one cant really see whats happening there. The east stand, with a long view of the cars coming in to turn 1 seems to be the best, I am booking that.
vgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 23:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to a buy another ticket for a friend at the Natural Stand South.. but its sold out!
That was quick.

Though they might be holding a few back to sell through the retail counters coming up at various cities.
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 17:21   #35
BHPian

Just booked my tickets. Turn 4 .. expecting lot of DRS overtakings. Woooooho.. cant wait now.
drkakkilaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 17:41   #36
BHPian

Need a ticket for the south natural stand any one got one to sell ?
paras211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 23:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!! Just booked my tickets at the Star Stand 1.

Was confused with the transportation to reach there though. There are buses available which will take you to the circuit right?
But what if you decide to come on your own by taxi because apparently they say that there is a 08 km barrier before you enter the circuit and cars without a parking permit would not be allowed in. So how do you reach the entry to the stands? Is one supposed to walk 08 kms?
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 01:05   #38
BHPian

yea i found transport to be a super screw up. Now i want to go for the metallica concert after practice 1, there is no way to leave the venue if you are alone unless you've got a bike, which is a small problem if you live in Bombay.
You arnt allowed a car pass with just one ticket so renting a car is useless.
the buses will leave only after the events for the day are over, there is no transportation for the 8km distance from the facility to the road.
The poor female at the bookmyshow helpline says "So sorry sir there is no way , unless you can borrow a friend's or relative's bike in delhi" i started laughing said nevermind and hung up.

Suggestions to select between star east 1 and star east 2 will make life easier for me.

Last edited by paras211 : 27th August 2011 at 01:07.
Old 27th August 2011, 07:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

I booked tickets for Star Stand 2 East from where i hope i could see the full straight line. also booked the bus from indiagate. My first visit to Delhi. see you guys there.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 12:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Booked tickets for Star Stand 1 East! Want 2 Natural Stand South now; wonder if they'll be available now.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 23:03   #41

Default Who is going to the F1 Grand Prix in India?

Hello All,
Just wondered who is coming to the grand prix in October me and my friend are travelling from the UK to the grand prix. Are there any other NRI's on here who will be coming.
Regards Shindha
shindha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 14:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
yea i found transport to be a super screw up. Now i want to go for the metallica concert after practice 1, there is no way to leave the venue if you are alone unless you've got a bike, which is a small problem if you live in Bombay.
You arnt allowed a car pass with just one ticket so renting a car is useless.
the buses will leave only after the events for the day are over, there is no transportation for the 8km distance from the facility to the road.
The poor female at the bookmyshow helpline says "So sorry sir there is no way , unless you can borrow a friend's or relative's bike in delhi" i started laughing said nevermind and hung up.
I agree, even though I live in Delhi, I don't want to travel 80+kms in my car or bike from the circuit to the Metallica concert. The best route I have figured out is there will be shuttle buses or cabs available, probably and hopefully, outside the circuit from there you can reach the nearest metro station , that is Botanical garden, from there on straight to Iffco chowk though you will have to change over trains at Rajiv chowk. The open air theater is at max 400m from the Iffco chowk metro station.

If really hope organizers arrange some sort of public transport/ cab service from the Metro station to the circuit.
vagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 15:55   #43
BHPian

Vagu- the problem is transport over the 8 km distance from the track to the road.
Old 29th August 2011, 16:02   #44
BHPian

I booked north classic stand for 6.5 k. Can somebody please suggest some economic hotels to stay?
hianooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 16:25   #45
BHPian

I see a lot of Star Stand bookings. I have booked on Star Stand East - 2 for myself, a cousin and a friend. Intend to be there on all the 3 days, but might not be around for much on Friday practice.

Hope to meet some of you folks there. I shall be seated in L row.

Cheers,
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote