Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2011, 14:00   #121
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

Folks, I have one ticket in O Block in Star Stand East 1 (Closest to the chicane at the end of the back straight). The ticket is on auction and the reserve price is 4,000 INR (Below this I'd rather ask my friends to use my seat for popcorns and beer ). Please pm me with your bids by end of tomorrow and I'll make this available to the highest bidder. You also get to ride with my friends to and fro as we have reserved a parking for us. Cheers and have fun, those of you who are lucky enough to make it there (unlike me).
skjlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 19:03   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
Hatari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,569
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
Actually many more are almost full but have 1-2 odd seats in between which haven't been sold yet and I don't think these odd seats will get sold. Most of the good seats have been sold out.
Whats your source?

Only 2/3 of tickets have been sold :
Buddh circuit under capacity for first race | Indian Grand Prix | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 18:51   #123
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
Folks, I have one ticket in O Block in Star Stand East 1 (Closest to the chicane at the end of the back straight). The ticket is on auction and the reserve price is 4,000 INR (Below this I'd rather ask my friends to use my seat for popcorns and beer ). Please pm me with your bids by end of tomorrow and I'll make this available to the highest bidder. You also get to ride with my friends to and fro as we have reserved a parking for us. Cheers and have fun, those of you who are lucky enough to make it there (unlike me).
Hi skjlives.

I am not able to PM you. Do you have any buss pass with you. I would be interested in purchasing that. I have Star stand 2 east tickets but am facing difficulties in reaching the track as bus passes are sold out now

Also is there any way I could get a ride with your friends if you fail to sell your ticket. I would be willing to share the expense on the car pass and for the transport also.
brar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 22:14   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,793
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brar View Post
Hi skjlives.

I am not able to PM you. Do you have any buss pass with you. I would be interested in purchasing that. I have Star stand 2 east tickets but am facing difficulties in reaching the track as bus passes are sold out now

Also is there any way I could get a ride with your friends if you fail to sell your ticket. I would be willing to share the expense on the car pass and for the transport also.
Even I am in the same predicament as you. I got the tickets but haven't been able to secure a bus pass or metro pass. My friend is in delhi and got the information that we could hire Meru's and they take bookings 24 hours in advance.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 23:45   #125
BHPian
 
kimianks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 192
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

Guys met Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button at Vodafone Press Meet today !! Will post pics Tomorrow
kimianks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 09:58   #126
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Even I am in the same predicament as you. I got the tickets but haven't been able to secure a bus pass or metro pass. My friend is in delhi and got the information that we could hire Meru's and they take bookings 24 hours in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brar View Post
Hi skjlives.

I am not able to PM you. Do you have any buss pass with you. I would be interested in purchasing that. I have Star stand 2 east tickets but am facing difficulties in reaching the track as bus passes are sold out now

Also is there any way I could get a ride with your friends if you fail to sell your ticket. I would be willing to share the expense on the car pass and for the transport also.
I have given off my ticket to someone (at a massive discount ). We do have a car park pass but not sure if my friends have room in the car. Please PM me your number and I can put you in touch with my friend so you all can coordinate directly with him. My inbox is well under limit so you should be able to message me.

Enjoy the race and get us some nice shots .
skjlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 12:21   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 56
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
I have 4 Premium Stand South tickets (Rs 12,500 each) & a Car Park ticket which I would like to dispose of. Will buy one day Grandstand instead!

PM me if anyone is interested in picking up all.
Hi Suman,

Have you got these tickets still? I need two Premium Stand South tickets for my sons for the Saturday practice 3 and qualifying. I already have a car park ticket.

PM me please if you can.
HillBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 12:29   #128
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 56
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Hi Everyone,

I have a car pass for South Zone Parking. Anyone who needs a ride to the South Zone side of the track let me know. I have three to four seats available in my car. Please remember all occupants will need to show their tickets at the entrance to the Expressway.

Pickup point will be Noida City Centre Metro Station.

PM me.
HillBilly is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 12:46   #129
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 56
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly
Hi Everyone,

I have a car pass for South Zone Parking. Anyone who needs a ride to the South Zone side of the track let me know. I have three to four seats available in my car. Please remember all occupants will need to show their tickets at the entrance to the Expressway.

Pickup point will be Noida City Centre Metro Station.

PM me.
Update: I now have only 2 seats for Sunday. 4 seats still available for Saturday. T-bhp works magic.
HillBilly is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 19:03   #130
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
I have given off my ticket to someone (at a massive discount ). We do have a car park pass but not sure if my friends have room in the car. Please PM me your number and I can put you in touch with my friend so you all can coordinate directly with him. My inbox is well under limit so you should be able to message me.

Enjoy the race and get us some nice shots .
Hi skjlives,

I am newbie member so am not able to PM. My contact no. is 9872475750.
Heard from someone today that things are really bad as they stop vehicles without permits around 12 KMs before the track and there are not enough buses to ferry people to the track.
This is gross mismanagement by JP. They are arm twisting people to spend more money on transport.

If any Team-bhpian has some space in their vehicle, please contact me. My phone no. is 9872475750. Ill be willing to share the transportation and vehicle permit costs. I am in Star Stand 2 - EAST.
brar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 19:46   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
Have you got these tickets still? I need two Premium Stand South tickets for my sons for the Saturday practice 3 and qualifying. I already have a car park ticket.

PM me please if you can.
Sorry mate, needed to sell all four - wasn't able to, so retaining the tickets for tomorrow & day after
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 20:19   #132
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
Update: I now have only 2 seats for Sunday. 4 seats still available for Saturday. T-bhp works magic.
Hi hillBilly,

Would it be possible for me to ride with you as I need to go to the East stand and you would be going to the South zone. Will the track people allow this?
brar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 08:35   #133
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 56
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brar

Hi hillBilly,

Would it be possible for me to ride with you as I need to go to the East stand and you would be going to the South zone. Will the track people allow this?
Looking at the layout of the parking it seems east zone and south zone are on the same exit 2C from the highway so I think it's not going to be a problem. Call me at 0120-4206539.
HillBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 17:57   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,793
Thanked: 978 Times
Default

Superb qualifying round. Amazing arrangements by JPSI!
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 19:12   #135
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 56
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

A really quick circuit this Buddh International Circuit cis. Thoroughly enjoyed the free Pactice 3 and qualifying. The throaty exhaust note of the cars as they down shift as they approach a turn is something that we miss on TV. It is going to be a hard-fought race tomorrow trust me!

But all those people who have seats in rows A through I in the south premium stands will not enjoy the experience as much as those higher up in the stands as there are cranes, support cars and camera crew in front of you. These seats should be cheaper than Rs.12.5k! But, thanks to the crane operator for heeding to our request to reverse his beast a bit or else we would have had a bad day today.

Binoculars are a must. The Outdoor screens are present, but the graphics are the same you see on television. So you will need binoculars to read the lap timing!

Car Parking is way, way off from the gates, so we had to trudge quite a bit in hastily prepared dusty conditions.

Food is reasonably priced. Cool drink Rs 20, water Rs. 15, burgers from Rs. 200 (veg) and Rs. 250 (chicken). You get the usual Biryani, etc..so most of us were happy with the fare.

What the circuit really misses is quality team merchandise. The merchandise available was only puma jackets and T-Shirts with the BIC logos. I was hoping there would be counters selling team's merchandise.

The is a Rs. 500 race brochure available at the gate that is glossy and is good to keep as a souvenir.

Sponge Ear plugs made by 3M are available for Rs. 15 for a pair near most gates. So don't bother if you forget to carry your cotton wool!

A Manual focus camera is preferred as most of the time my auto focus camera was focussing on the mesh on the fence rather than on the track behind it.
HillBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India Bike Week 2016: Goa, Feb 19 & 20; tickets on sale online Aditya Motorbikes 1 19th November 2015 15:47
2013 Indian Formula1 Grand Prix tickets now on sale JayPrashanth Motor-Sports 22 26th October 2013 23:04
2012 F1 Indian GP launches single day tickets GTO Motor-Sports 13 27th October 2012 17:54
Has Fiat started selling the Bravo in India? nsbhagwat The Indian Car Scene 82 18th November 2011 12:19
Swift Vxi - ABS has started to kick in too early when braking talk2anand Technical Stuff 18 19th February 2008 19:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks