Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 28th October 2011, 11:38   #46
BHPian

Default Re: 2011 Formula 1 Airtel Grand Prix Of India

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Hey , could I have a link please! Dying to catch the action
Sorry, I opened T-BHP only after the first practice was over. You can still watch FP2 at 2PM, Qualification and the race. The link is FirstRow Watch Live F1 Race Online | Moto GP online Stream | Formula 1 live streaming and Moto GP Free Stream

Note to Mods Please remove my post if inappropriate. Thanks.
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 11:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
You can get Livetiming on the Official F1 website.
Yea that I get on my phone, wanted to watch the practice session ..

Found it anyway
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 12:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

Any predictions for FP2? Do you thinm Hamilton's time will be beaten?

Check out Red Bull Racing's twitter background

http://twitter.com/#!/redbullracing

Last edited by khanak : 28th October 2011 at 12:29.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 12:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Post First Ever Free Practice 1 at Buddh International Circuit - Results

First Ever Free Practice 1 at Buddh International Circuit - Results

1 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1’26.836
2 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1’27.416
3 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1’27.428
4 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1’28.394
5 Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1’28.531
6 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1’28.542
7 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1’28.705
8 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1’29.219
9 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1’29.355
10 Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1’29.700
11 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1’29.705
12 Bruno Senna Renault 1’29.799
13 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1’30.132
14 Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1’30.367
15 Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1’30.566
16 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1’30.669
17 Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault 1’30.818
18 Karun Chandhok Lotus-Renault 1’32.487
19 Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1’32.771
20 Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 1’33.928
21 Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1’34.113
22 Jerome D’Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1’35.796
23 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1’35.899
24 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1’38.644
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 12:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Post FP2 Live on Star Sports

Guys watch FP2 live on Star Sports @1.55pm onwards

and also watch Race Live on ESPN HD in TataSky for the first time
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 13:12   #51
Senior - BHPian

Follow this link for tons of pics from FP1-BIC

Photos - 2011 Indian Formula 1 Grand Prix - GPUpdate.net

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 28th October 2011, 13:52   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Lewis Hamilton and Perez given three-place grid penalty for Sunday.

The stewards judged both had failed to slow sufficiently when passing double waved yellow flags at the end of the first practice session.

Hamilton and Perez given grid penalties | F1 Fanatic – The Formula 1 Blog

Edit: autosport.com confirms the news. Johnny Herbert is serving as one of the stewards for the Indian GP.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95708

Last edited by deetjohn : 28th October 2011 at 14:12. Reason: Adding text.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 14:17   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

A photographer got caught on TV jumping the fence to take pictures of a car that got beached.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 14:55   #54
BHPian

Where is Schumi? I don't see him in the top-20?
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 15:43   #55
Senior - BHPian

Post Re: 2011 Formula 1 Airtel Grand Prix Of India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Where is Schumi? I don't see him in the top-20?
Earlier he got a mechanical problem in engine bay and later doing higher fuel race simulations. He ended up in 21st position.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 28th October 2011, 15:52   #56
Senior - BHPian

Post Free Practice 2 at Buddh International Circuit - Results

Free Practice 2 at Buddh International Circuit - Results

1 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1’25.706
2 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1’25.794
3 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1’25.930
4 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1’26.454
5 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1’26.500
6 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1’26.714
7 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1’27.316
8 Bruno Senna Renault 1’27.498
9 Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1’27.853
10 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1’27.868
11 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1’27.890
12 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1’28.050
13 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1’28.289
14 Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1’28.552
15 Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1’28.691
16 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1’28.708
17 Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault 1’29.332
18 Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault 1’30.241
19 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1’31.098
20 Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1’31.469
21 Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1’31.804
22 Jerome D’Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1’32.593
23 Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 1’32.768
24 Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1’32.824
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 16:46   #57
Senior - BHPian

Post India Friday quotes: Red Bull

India Friday quotes: Red Bull

Sebastian Vettel - 2nd: "It's an interesting track, a good challenge. It was very dusty to start with, but the track seems fun, especially the wide entries which give a lot of options to all the drivers. It should e be a good race on Sunday. It's dusty off-line, which makes it tricky, so we'll have to make sure we stay on the racing line. It's a good circuit for overtaking I think, with long straights and wide entries. The long run seemed good today, so let's see how we go tomorrow."

Mark Webber - 5th: "It's a good track with good Formula One corners, there are quick left-rights and you can take a lot of the corners in 5th gear. Turn 3 is a unique corner, it's very slow, but it's uphill and quite extreme on the elevation. Turn 4 is also not straightforward, so they're both challenging and I like the two quick chicanes - they're enjoyable. Even though the track is wide, it's quite greasy off-line, so most people will follow the racing line. This morning went well; this afternoon less so, but we'll get it back tomorrow."

Source: India Friday quotes: Red Bull - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
Old 28th October 2011, 16:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Post India Friday quotes: HRT

India Friday quotes: HRT

Narain Karthikeyan - 24th: "The first lap was very special; I felt so many emotions driving in India. I just couldn't believe it and there were so many things running through my head. In the first practice we were just trying to get into the swing of things and the second one went much better and we have a lot of things to try for tomorrow. Overall it was a good session for me, considering I haven't driven a full race distance since July, so the body needs to wake up a bit. The track evolved a lot and so times were improving too. We have a few things to try ahead of tomorrow so I'm quite excited to see how qualifying goes".

Daniel Ricciardo - 23rd: "It was our first day here and I can say that it is quite a fun circuit, I'm happy with the layout and I think that most drivers will enjoy it. This morning the track was cleaning all the time so we just did as many laps as we could which is the most important thing. This afternoon we started to work a bit with both compounds. I'm not as happy as in the morning since we made some changes which didn't work as well as we thought they could do. We'll analyse that and work on it for tomorrow. I think we can compete with our main competitors here and give them a good run for their money".

Colin Kolles, Team Principal: "Apart from what we had heard from Narain, we came to the Indian Grand Prix without knowing much about what we would find and I have to say that we are positively surprised. They did a really good job with the track within a short time. The down side is the amount of dust all over. For us it has been a positive day. We had a program with Daniel and Narain that we managed to follow perfectly. Both drivers improved throughout each one of the sessions and did what they were supposed to, gaining in confidence and taking the cars to the limit without going beyond it. Under such tricky conditions, it was important not to cross the line and bring the cars safely back to the garage. For tomorrow I hope that we can fine tune the cars' set up for qualifying tomorrow and take another step forward".

Source: India Friday quotes: HRT - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
Old 28th October 2011, 16:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

Post India Friday quotes: Toro Rosso

India Friday quotes: Toro Rosso

Sebastien Buemi - 10th: "It's always exciting to drive a new track for the first time and today I managed to do a lot of laps, with no issues on the car, so I could push myself to the limit, which is always a good thing. I think we have everything we need in terms of data and understanding to prepare ourselves for qualifying and the race. Therefore I am happy with the way today went overall, the car ran reliably and the team did a good job. Now it's up to us to put everything together for qualifying. In terms of performance we hope we can continue the trend we saw in Korea a fortnight ago. The track is quite similar to what we saw on the simulator. It's a beautiful circuit, I'm happy to be here and I hope we will have a lot of spectators on Saturday and Sunday."

Jaime Alguersuari - 14th: "The track looks really nice and it's a pleasure to drive it. The lap time makes it look like a short lap, because it is so quick, but from a driver's point of view, it is very interesting. We tried a set-up today that did not suit me and I found it quite difficult to keep the car in a straight line out there. I did not feel comfortable and I felt I was on the edge. In the morning, I went over it, losing control and hitting the barrier with the rear of the car at Turn 9. The guys did a good job to get it all repaired for the start of the second session. I am sure we can have a better feeling for the car tomorrow and improve our position."

Laurent Mekies (Chief Engineer): "Quite a good day for us, as we completed the bulk of our planned programme, doing a lot of laps, which delivered plenty of data for the rest of the weekend. The track layout is great and I'm sure all the drivers enjoyed it, as it presents a great challenge with its high speed corners and long straight. The cars ran well today but it is quite difficult to analyse their true performance, because as you can imagine, the track improvement was massive throughout the day, which is normal for a new circuit."

Source: India Friday quotes: Toro Rosso - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
Old 28th October 2011, 17:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

Post India Friday quotes: Lotus

India Friday quotes: Lotus

Heikki Kovalainen - 18th: "I'm reasonably pleased with how it went this afternoon but think I suffered a bit from not running this morning. Still, you have to deal with what you have in front of you so we worked hard in the afternoon session to get used to the track and find a balance that gave me the confidence to push. There's definitely quite a lot more to come from the car and as the track evolves I think we'll see that the fact we're pretty kind to the soft tyres should help us, probably more on Sunday than tomorrow, but we'll see."

Jarno Trulli - 17th: "That was a very smooth Friday and we made good progress in both sessions, both on learning the track and on the best setup here in India. The track is not too hard to learn but it's interesting - there are a few different lines you can take and I think that will encourage overtaking, so Sunday's definitely going to be fun. The track surface developed quickly today and I hope it continues to do so – off line it's still very dusty and that could catch out a few people, so let's see how it evolves over the weekend. On the tyre side I think we've seen some interesting results today. The softs seem to hang on very well over the long runs but the hard tyres have almost no grip and it seems pretty tough to get them up to temperature. We'll have to see if that's the same tomorrow as it could change as the track keeps developing."

Karun Chandhok: "It felt great to finally be able to drive an F1 car here at the Buddh International Circuit, and it was a real honour to be the first car to set a timed lap in front of the fans. I want to thank the team for giving me that chance, and everyone at the Jaypee Group and all the people involved in helping create the first ever Indian Grand Prix for doing such a great job on the whole event. In the car I was pretty pleased with how it went today. We completed most of the morning programme and without the yellow flags at the end of the session I'm pretty sure there was another second in hand on my final lap time. The track itself is really enjoyable to drive, particularly the middle section which is very quick, and as it evolves and the times keep coming down I think we'll see some very good racing here all weekend."

Thierry Salvi, Renault Sport F1 Support Leader: "This was obviously our first time running here in India so the first task was to take a look at how the gear ratios we had run on the dyno worked when we were actually on track. It looks like we have made the right choices as we hit our targets around the whole track, particularly on the full throttle ratio which plays an important role around this type of circuit, which is pretty similar to Korea."

Mike Gascoyne, Chief Technical Officer: "An excellent first day here in India for us. We were able to complete a very decent number of laps on both cars and completed the whole program we had set for all three drivers today. This morning Karun was the first car out to set a timed lap here and that was obviously a special moment for him, but he focused on the job he had to do and worked through the aero program we had set him. This afternoon we worked on tyre evaluation and we made good progress on a track that looks to be very exciting for the drivers and fans, and a good challenge for the engineers, so from our perspective this has been a very good day."

Tony Fernandes, Team Principal: "I am delighted to see the Indian Grand Prix get under way in such a good style, both for the Indian fans and the team that put the race together, and for our team who have had a very good Friday on track. It started with an historic moment for Karun as he became the first driver ever to record a timed lap in an F1 car at the Indian Grand Prix, and I am very pleased for him that he finished the session as the fastest Indian driver out there, having completed his program and putting in another strong performance. This afternoon both Jarno and Heikki were also very strong, Jarno finishing FP1 a couple of tenths away from the cars ahead and in the afternoon session both drivers looking strong on heavy fuel on both tyre compounds, which bodes well for the race. We are finishing the season extremely well, both in terms of reliability and performance, and I think that gives us good cause for optimism for the last three races this year, and looking ahead to 2012."

Source: India Friday quotes: Lotus - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com