Closed Thread

Old 29th October 2012, 20:39   #346
BHPian

Vettel's crushing superiority.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/10/2...omment-1089005
Old 30th October 2012, 00:29   #347
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The 2012 Formula One Season

Fantastic race and what a setting to decide the title, albeit in the German's favour.
Great to watch Alonso on full attack, he could really do with an Italian push!

Pity there can be only one winner!
Exceptional race craft from both, though one displaying it consistently in a slower car.

Great driving from Felipe too, keeping a faster Kimi behind him for half the race while conserving fuel was no easy task.
Old 31st October 2012, 21:51   #348
BHPian

Alonso is upset with Pat Fry, poor qualifying.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle3585209.ece
Old 22nd November 2012, 19:32   #349
Senior - BHPian

Lotus forms partnership with Coca Cola for Burn enery drink.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...ip-with-lotus/
Old 26th November 2012, 10:05   #350
BHPian

I thought, one of the greatest moments of the race and the year as a Schumacher fan, was that one moment on lap 64. When Michael Schumacher, ever the fighter, never willing to leave an inch even for a P20, often willing to push the boundaries of the acceptable, often doing everything possible to be the best, moved out of the way, slowed down, and waved the young 25 year old prodigy past him. It was a passing of the mantle, and a realization of sorts, that racing tooth and nail was no longer important to him. Life moves on, into the sunset. Thank you Schumi.
PuntoMania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 14:53   #351
BHPian

Without a doubt , its been one of the best season in recent times . For me McLarens looked the strongest in the season from day one . Lewis had all the pace and skills to become a champ . Sad that Mclaren had such a troubled season .
People say Ferrari was slow , I've seen Ferrari having tremendous straight line speed without DRS , in some races .
Redbulls , weren't in the best of form , its just that the drivers scored the points .
People say SEB is lucky . I say he is brave ! He deserves the 3rd championship ' in a row' .
Old 26th November 2012, 15:08   #352
Senior - BHPian

Good race. Sadly, they decided to cut the power when there was around 18 laps left in the race. I had to "watch" the race on twitter.

Vettel deserves to win. But would have loved to watch Alonso win the Championship. I think he has done really well this time considering that the Ferrari has not been a great car this year.

Are all the next season's drivers confirmed for the top teams?
Old 26th November 2012, 20:24   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
It was a passing of the mantle, and a realization of sorts, that racing tooth and nail was no longer important to him. Life moves on, into the sunset. Thank you Schumi.
Found a great pic on the internet:
Name:  IMG_0010696090.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  146.7 KB
StarrySky is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 18:24   #354
Senior - BHPian

Kimi on his pass on Schumacher at Spa this year.

Quote:
You overtook Michael Schumacher in Belgian GP when going downhill Eau Rouge. Was that your seasonís best overtake?

Ė I overtook Schumacher earlier in an almost identical manner in the same spot. It was in 2004 after the SC-situation and I won the race. Thatís why there was nothing spectacular about it this year.
Source
Old 28th November 2012, 10:18   #355
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post

Source
Kimi can afford to say this as his car was faster than Schumi's What if it was the other way round.

The one thing that we can take out from Schumi's return was, The old man still has it in him to be on top of this Sport, sadly, his team are still testing and developing their cars for the third year in a row.
Old 28th November 2012, 10:51   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Kimi can afford to say this as his car was faster than Schumi's What if it was the other way round.
Lotus was indeed faster than the Mercedes over a lap, but it was much slower in the DRS zone which made it impossible for Kimi to overtake Schumi. The Lotus was no match for Mercedes' straight line speed even with DRS. I think Kimi passed Schumi a few laps before at La Source hairpin but got eaten alive in the DRS zone with the Mercedes DRS.

The brilliance of that pass was staying just behind Schumi at the DRS detection zone (so Kimi gets DRS) and then overtaking him before the DRS zone (so Kimi could be out in front and use DRS and Schumi could not). Even with that the Mercedes' straight line speed almost got Schumi past Kimi again in the straight line. After that of course, Kimi ran away from Schumi.

But then, the man himself doesn't think too highly of the pass, so why am I even debating it?
Old 28th November 2012, 11:28   #357
Senior - BHPian

Not sure how much one can trust this site but if it's correct then another irresponsible comment from the new 3 times champion.

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2012...-him-what.html

I am not sure if that's stupidity or arrogance or stupidity as a result of being arrogant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post

Source
Got to love the ice man! even when he's on a picnic!
Straight to the point no BS answers. I hope Lotus can provide him with a competitive car next year.
Old 30th November 2012, 23:17   #358
Senior - BHPian

AMuS estimates that $630M is what RedBull spent this year!

WOW! Thats just an awful awful lot of money spent in F1. Nobody in F1 declares what they spend, its usually a leaked figure by the insiders and even then I havent heard this kind of money spent

Ferrari or Mclaren is not the big boys of F1 anymore, the money for Ferrari comes from selling cars, merchandise and sponsorships. But still, this money is not something that Ferrari or Mclaren can ever imagine to spend in F1!
Old 30th November 2012, 23:44   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
AMuS estimates that $630M is what RedBull spent this year!
How credible is the source ?

Also, where is all this money going ?
Old 1st December 2012, 00:13   #360
BHPian

not sure if this came up for discussion.

Whats with the radio conversations in Italian between Ferrari drivers and the pit wall?I watch the races in Speed channel in the US here and it was a bit amusing and used to catch the commentary team off guard as well.

The commentators would stop their talk to listen to the radio and Alonso and his engineer would rant off in Italian .

Teams can control what conversations could be broadcast?So if its sensitive info they discuss,then why broadcast it.
Closed Thread