Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 18th February 2012, 10:57   #16

Default Re: Moto GP 2012

^ Do I see Vale's mind games here?

And how about Yamaha twitter team jumping the gun and tweeting wrong information about Stoners having a baby boy. It was hilarious reading the replies to their Tweet (Can't post the tweets as they are buried under tonnes of tweets now).

Encouraging words by VR on occasion of his Birthday:
Quote:
"When I was 20, I looked at 33 year olds like they were aliens from outer space – Rossi joked, making reference to a Vasco Rossi song – Thanks for all the greetings guys, arriving from all the world! Italy, England, France, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, U.S., Australia! Fantastic! This year we'll uphold the name of Bologna and the honor of Ducati around the world!"
sumit.pannalall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 13:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

This is from Rossi's twitter page:
Rough translation from Google:

Yesterday was born the daughter of Stoner. Given the close relationship of mutual respect that binds us, I expected that the name was Valentina.

OMG, this is hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit.pannalall View Post
^ Do I see Vale's mind games here?
Oh come on!! Vale can cut straight humour sometimes.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 01:29   #18

^^ Yeah sometimes but most of the times he likes to play with the minds of his rivals with his humor etc.

Test times for CRTs day 1 Jerez:
Jerez MotoGP test times - Monday | MotoGP Results | Feb 2012 | Crash.Net

Randy not that far from the best lap by Jorge (a little of over 3 seconds behind). I guess as Suren sai, except for Honda/Kawasaki CRT, other CRT should do better.
sumit.pannalall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 10:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

A picture dedicated to all Rossi fans here

Insane powerslide!

Moto GP 2012-rossi01_original.jpg
anachronix is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 02:30   #20
BHPian

Is this thread dead already? C'mon biker boys where are you?

Anyway, about the race. I think this is what you'd call an ideal season opener. But, of course, if you are a Rossi fan it was a bit disappointing. Keeping that aside, the Moto2 and MotoGP events were very exciting.

Have to give credit to Yamaha, or rather Lorenzo this time. He maintained his pace throughout the race and was able to keep Pedrosa at bay for a very long time. No doubt, Jorge got lucky, again! Stoner definitely had some serious issues with his bike/tires. And you can't blame him this time. He clearly was fast and very well ahead of Jorge and Dani. So, yes, he has full rights to moan this time.

Still, being a Pedrosa fan that I am , I feel he could have had Lorenzo; if only Stoner had not messed one full lap for Dani. He was closing up on Lorenzo neatly. That said, I didn't expect him to finish anywhere near to the podium anyway, after seeing his progress and time-sheet throughout this weekend. So. Happy for him!

Great work by Tech 3 Yamaha riders too. Cal and Dovi did put a good show.

Moto2: Iannone and Marc Marquez, oh boy, those guys raced hard. That's arch-rivalry at its very best! So much so that Iannone also punched Marc in the end, right?

Last edited by Shivank : 9th April 2012 at 02:38.
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 10:02   #21
BHPian

I missed the race :(
What happened to Ben Spies ?
jalsa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 10:37   #22
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Nice races overall. I personally enjoyed Moto2 than the others. Marquez is definitely a talent. He was unfortunate to have lost out to Bradl last year due to his injury and I hope he makes it this year. Somehow he reminds of Rossi in his younger days especially the straightline overtake on Iannone and crossing over him.

Looks like Rossi has settled in that second-third row bracket. Hard to say what's wrong at the moment. I just have to get used to not seeing him on the podium from now on :-(. I hope Pedrobot does more than the potential he shows this year. I would prefer him and Spies over Horegay and Casey.

Last edited by JVH : 9th April 2012 at 10:39.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 12:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Nice races overall. I personally enjoyed Moto2 than the others. Marquez is definitely a talent. He was unfortunate to have lost out to Bradl last year due to his injury and I hope he makes it this year. Somehow he reminds of Rossi in his younger days especially the straightline overtake on Iannone and crossing over him.
Me too enjoyed Moto2 this time.
Have not been following MotoGP development these days but anyone thinks the Doctor can improve the bike and fight with the top teams? I want to see 46 on P1 again
akshay380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 14:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
I missed the race :(
What happened to Ben Spies ?
Ben had chatter and front-end issues since the very beginning of the race. He finished 11th, I guess. Can't understand why he's not been able to show his pace on the race day. It's not just this race, it has happened for a couple of times now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Looks like Rossi has settled in that second-third row bracket. Hard to say what's wrong at the moment. I just have to get used to not seeing him on the podium from now on :-(. I hope Pedrobot does more than the potential he shows this year. I would prefer him and Spies over Horegay and Casey.
My money is on Pedrosa as well. He and everybody else knows that this year is a do-or-die for Dani. I just want him to complete all the 18 races of this season, that's it. The problem is Yamaha is now on par with Honda and that translates into some more competition this year. Even Tech 3 Yamahas are quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Me too enjoyed Moto2 this time.
Have not been following MotoGP development these days but anyone thinks the Doctor can improve the bike and fight with the top teams? I want to see 46 on P1 again
Rossi is still not happy with the new Ducati. And it'd need a miracle for Rossi or Ducati to keep up with the Yamahas or Hondas in the coming days, or compete for the podium.

Read more here: Rossi: this isn't the Ducati I wanted

Last edited by Shivank : 9th April 2012 at 14:59.
Shivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 00:19   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Missed the race. And pleasantly surprised by Lorenzo' big win.

I thought the Honda boys were going to run away with it this year.

But not liking the comments coming from the Rossi camp. A quote from this well written article on autosport plus. Lorenzo win proves it will be close in 2012 - AUTOSPORT PLUS
Quote:
The great Kenny Roberts Sr once said: "You only have about 10 years at full mental capacity in this game." This is Valentino's 13th season in the top flight. These are difficult things to analyse, difficult things to write about and, certainly, difficult things to watch.
Hope Vale will prove him wrong.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 14:24   #26
BHPian

Estroil GP Today.

Vale uses Nicky Hayden's set-up and qualifies ahead of him. Vale feels he can fight for the midfield today. Hope he finishes in top 5. That might just give his team the 'feel good' push they direly require.

Casey looking strong at the pole. But, with Dani at his tail, it might make a good battle.
Old 6th May 2012, 21:11   #27
BHPian

great race, today. Rossi should be happy with a 7th place. Just hope this season wouldnt be a Stoner whitewash. Lorenzo gave it all just like the last race.
akshayasok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 23:09   #28
BHPian

Boring race!

There was no racing today. Just 3 men leading the pack and others following. Jorge can't catch Casey and Dani can't catch Jorge. Today's race was like watching a re-run of the Jerez. Same men on the podium! No overtaking nothing.

I was expecting Cal to do something extraordinary today but seems it'll take him time to chase and battle with the top 3. Spies seems lost, don't know why?? Good result for Rossi but still 27 seconds behind the Honda is nothing to cheer about. Long way to go...

Hope Le Mans bring some action and racing back to MotoGP...
Shivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 08:00   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Its a boring slush-fest. Most had expected to see others dominating with the arrival of 1000's, but it didn't happen. Why? More than us, its the likes of Hayden, VR and Spies who would be more than worried.

I am just so glad I missed the race (after I knew the result).

Coming to the part I hate, Moto GP is the best of the best. The cream always rises to the top. Close spec racing can be seen in Moto-2/3, but lawnmower racing is exciting if you just want to be entertained by close racing. (Though I admit, it still is boring )

P.s. - From various other sources, heard that BSB was exciting as hell, wish sports channels telecast-ed that as well.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2012, 09:16   #30
BHPian

Sheel Sir, for a change, yesterday Star Sports aired the Red Bull Rookie Race as well. It was fun. :-)