Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 9th May 2012, 20:52   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Moto GP 2012

Doc quitting at the end of this season?

Source : Ducati rider Valentino Rossi expected to retire from MotoGP at the end of this season - Telegraph
ToroRosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 22:36   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroRosso View Post
He has denied the rumor via his official Twitter account. https://twitter.com/#!/ValeYellow46
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 10:17   #33
BHPian

can somebody please explain Moto2 and Moto3 what do they mean and the new class in Motogp,
s.prashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 13:57   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
can somebody please explain Moto2 and Moto3 what do they mean and the new class in Motogp,
I think Moto 3 is erswhile 125cc and Moto 2 is 250cc. I could be wrong.

Even I found the last two races quite boring but, the surprise rise of this season is Cal Crutchlow, he seemed riding like a man possessed. I am sure with some help with his support team he should land atleast once or twice on the podium this season.

Its great to know VR rubbished his retirement claim. I wish to see him come back to Yam next season and relive 2010 and 2011.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 21:05   #35
BHPian

Shocker!!

Casey Stoner announces that he will retire at the end of 2012 season !

The world of Motogp will never be the same again.

Though I'm a die hard Yamaha supporter and rooted for Vale ( earlier )and Lorenzo ( now), I have no doubt that Stoner is the most talented motorcycle rider out there.

Lost Simoncelli last year and Stoner will leave this year..I guess I'll be better off watching WBSK.

Sigh!
badri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 21:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Shocker!!

Casey Stoner announces that he will retire at the end of 2012 season !

The world of Motogp will never be the same again.

Though I'm a die hard Yamaha supporter and rooted for Vale ( earlier )and Lorenzo ( now), I have no doubt that Stoner is the most talented motorcycle rider out there.

Lost Simoncelli last year and Stoner will leave this year..I guess I'll be better off watching WBSK.

Sigh!
That's a real bummer. I didn't believe a word of it until it came from the official MotoGP twitter handle; later on confirmed by Repsol team.

Undoubtedly, Stoner is the best rider out there on the grid. He will be sorely missed, and so are his power-slides! Not a die-hard fan of him as a person, but as the spectator of the sport I have to say that Stoner is total sickness, and just what 'the doctor' ordered for motorcycle racing!
Shivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 05:53   #37
BHPian

I hope that someone considers what he has to say. It is never a good sign for the sport when the reigning champion and arguably one of the best riders decides to quit for something other than personal reasons.
good.car-ma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 09:47   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

If Casey's decision to retire is because of the BS happening @ Moto-GP, it is high time the concerned authorities thought about it.

The way I see it, it is a shame, really.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 11:07   #39
BHPian

Whoopsie!

Stoner's exit from the Honda camp means the Repsol team is in great trouble. Honda might recall Rossi again.

Nakamoto: Rossi in Honda? Non lo escludo
Old 18th May 2012, 16:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Casey has announced retirement!!!

What's happening? I haven't been following MotoGP this season. What things is he talking about?
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 17:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Whoopsie!

Stoner's exit from the Honda camp means the Repsol team is in great trouble. Honda might recall Rossi again.

Nakamoto: Rossi in Honda? Non lo escludo

Quote:
The Honda racing boss was asked if there was space for Rossi in the factory Honda team alongside Dani Pedrosa and Casey Stoner.
"I don’t know about the other manufacturers but we have two good riders in Repsol Honda Team so no chance for him to come back here," he said.

The nine-time world champion raised the ire of Honda executives in 2005 when he published his autobiography 'What If I Hadn't Tried It?' in which he suggested that riders, not the machine were key to MotoGP success.
The Japanese firm is consistent in the message that its bikes are more important than its riders.
It seems that difference in philosophy continues to irk Honda.
"He is a talented rider and we all expect him to do a good race," Nakamoto said when quizzed on Rossi's issues with Ducati.
"After he left Honda, he wrote a book and said it is the rider what matters and not the machine.
"So now is the time for him to prove that. If he comes back to the top we will try desperately to beat him."
Among the rumoured options for Rossi in 2013 are a return to Yamaha, and a move to World Superbike where Ducati are dominating.

Source: 'No chance' for Rossi Honda return | Fox Sports
ashwin.terminat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 18:28   #42
BHPian

^^ The piece of news/article you have shared as an counter-statement was published earlier on the 4th of May; the time when there were no news of Stoner retiring.

However, the article which I have shared comes from yesterday. Right after the moment Stoner declared his retirement officially. ;-)
Old 18th May 2012, 20:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
^^ The piece of news/article you have shared as an counter-statement was published earlier on the 4th of May; the time when there were no news of Stoner retiring.

However, the article which I have shared comes from yesterday. Right after the moment Stoner declared his retirement officially. ;-)

Wow, for Nakamoto to be pretty categorical on the subject just 2 weeks ago and taking a U-Turn now. Radical change!

But I for one, would love to see both Vale finally getting a bike which suits his needs or Marc Marquez get promoted to the MotoGP class.

Personally would like Rossi to get there though. That way, with a 2 year odd contract, he could leave with his head held high.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 18th May 2012 at 20:20.
ashwin.terminat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 00:21   #44
BHPian

What if Honda defiantly continues and keep true to its words of not taking Rossi back again. It all depends on Lorenzo now. Which camp he chooses to race for. If it's Honda, then Rossi can happily go back to his M1. Or, if he continues to stay with Yamaha....then only Lord knows what's gonna happen next!

If Stoner wins this year's championship as well, I am afraid the one who's going to win the title for the next year will feel frustratingly disgusted. ;-)
Old 20th May 2012, 03:34   #45
BHPian

Stoner will be missed ! His aggressive riding style only second to Vale ! Marco would have been a replacement , but ! I think Marquez will line up next year for Repsol ! He is aggressive , a match for Repsol !
On the other hand , it's hard to see where MotoGP is going . We lost Marco , Stoner is leaving , Vale on lethargic Ducati and grid full of CRT's and restricted prototypes !
fz_rider is offline   Reply With Quote