Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2012, 18:39   #121
BHPian
 
ToroRosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 260
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by route666 View Post
IMHO schumacher is taking the team down with him. He is not the old schumi now
How? I am dying to hear this one out.
He is the fittest and keenest driver out there. Mercedes is getting there..
Their qualifying pace was fantastic they just couldnt hold a race pace.
Schumi made close to 10 positions and you still think he is taking the team down?
ToroRosso is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 19:06   #122
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by route666 View Post

Mercedes is in a mess they dont have a solid direction, IMHO schumacher is taking the team down with him. He is not the old schumi now, in the past he would have taken a bad car into the podium,but now he is waiting for the car to improve. The competition is tough now. His presence in the team is actually affecting Nico's performance as well and Nico is their future . MS should hang his gloves sooner than later.

Next Shanghai Noon..
What

Schumacher has been the key figure in turning the team from what its been since the last 2 seasons.. While Roseberg is just chugging along with a lacklusture performances these days, i feel Mercedes GP has grown to be a front-runner only because of Schumi in the team.

Yes... Next Shanghai Noon. Plz wait, we will debate over this subject later
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 21:46   #123
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 42
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

[quote=PAVAN KADAM;2725423]What an exciting race


RBR's drama was pathetic ""BOX THE CAR..! BOX THE CAR..! pause DRIVE ON..! DRIVE ON ..! pause STOP THE CAR.! STOP THE CAR.! STOP THE CAR.! ITS AN EMERGENCY , ITS AN EMERGENCY..!""

Does any one know what it means or any explaination why they asked to stop the car. This message came up on the radio immediately after the williams engine blew out.
gsb350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 22:02   #124
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

[quote=gsb350;2726792]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Does any one know what it means or any explaination why they asked to stop the car. This message came up on the radio immediately after the williams engine blew out.
Below is the explaination given by Red-Bull Team Principal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1.com
Christian Horner, Red Bull team principal
As the track dried, we went onto the slicks pretty early with Mark and a lap later with Seb. We had lost all radio contact with Sebastian, which meant we could only speak with him via the pit board. After his stop he came up to the HRT who hit him and caused a puncture. The incident caused damage to the rear brake duct, which went into thermal runaway, so we wanted to stop the car before the end from a safety point of view. Seb didn’t hear us on the radio and continued. Thankfully his car got to the end without failing, but the incident cost Sebastian at least a fourth place finish today.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 07:44   #125
BHPian
 
rajchetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Thailand / Vietnam / HK / Bangalore
Posts: 322
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Can anyone post the link of the full race, as i missed it totally and want to watch it now. Unfortunately there is not repeat telecast in my current area.

Some one please do the needed.
rajchetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 08:35   #126
Mik
BHPian
 
Mik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: GGN>BLR
Posts: 357
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Vettel says "some idiots driving around" for Karthikeyan.



What did he expect, the HRT should have a "disappear" button.
No red bulls for me from now on
Mik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 08:52   #127
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

The weekend was just awesome, a wet MalaysianGP and what more can you ask!

Alonso - Great job again! It was very emotional to hear the italian anthem being played after all the negative things heard about the F2012. Ferrari, give him a good car please!

Perez - Ferrari, sack Massa and get this kid! What a racer he is and he was faster than any other car on the grid. The ICEMAN did the fastest laps in the end but this kid was faster by a second to any car while he was hunting down Alonso.

Hamilton - Happy that he was on the podium and was also happy that he did finish in a better position than his teammate but his celebration looked so artifical on the podium. He knows that he is not what he was while Antony was around. His pace was nothing special through the race with that mighty Mclaren and if not for Vettel's incident with Narain we should have seen a fight to the end of the race for that 3rd position.

Michael - Unfortunate again and the car was simply not working for them on the wet weather tires. The Mercedes was strong with the dry tires though towards the end of the race, the car setup for a dry race!?

Rosberg - The real quality of Rosberg is starting to show up! I will wait for some more races and see what the statistics are!

Raikkonen - He is still the fast old driver. Exploring grip all around the drying track was typical Kimi stuff. He did some awesome overtakes too and finally wanted to finish off the race a little more faster with those fastest laps in the end!

Massa - Why dont you just go away and stop embarassing the team!? It sucks to keep hearing the setup issues being the problem for him!

Narain - He was the real game changer in this race. First with Button and then with Vettel. Cant blame him for Button incident and it was a over enthusiastic move by Button, but he should have kept clear off Vettel.

For those who think it was Vettel's fault in giving Narain a squeeze and picked up the damage... in a drying track the racing line is the only dry portion of the track and lapped cars are expected to move away from racing line and Narain dint want to get into the damp side of the track too much and Vettel dint want to give up his racing line as well since he was hunting for Hamilton. Narain should have kept clear IMO!

Overall, it was amazing and Perez is my star of the race in Malaysia!
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 09:27   #128
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,579
Thanked: 3,477 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

^^Indeed… Sepang is always good when it rains. And even for those at the venue, rain is much better than the challenging hot and humid conditions otherwise.
In the end, Hamilton looked happier than the last race – probably because Jensen was not seen in the score chart.

The funny moment was when Steve Slater got so enthusiastic about Kimi getting into the 3rd place after the first corner, only for the fellow commentator to do a correction that it was not Kimi, but Romain Grosjean
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 09:28   #129
BHPian
 
amitku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 77
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The weekend was just awesome, a wet MalaysianGP and what more can you ask!

Narain - He was the real game changer in this race. First with Button and then with Vettel. Cant blame him for Button incident and it was a over enthusiastic move by Button, but he should have kept clear off Vettel.

For those who think it was Vettel's fault in giving Narain a squeeze and picked up the damage... in a drying track the racing line is the only dry portion of the track and lapped cars are expected to move away from racing line and Narain dint want to get into the damp side of the track too much and Vettel dint want to give up his racing line as well since he was hunting for Hamilton. Narain should have kept clear IMO!

Overall, it was amazing and Perez is my star of the race in Malaysia!
@anachronix: I would not totally second your view on the Sebastian - Narain incident. Karthekayan was in the right, he made no mistake. Vettel pretty much just dived straight into that corner, pulled into the racing line too quickly (Before the overtake was fully complete) and Vettel's rear tyre came into contact with Karthekayan's front wing.
I guess Sebastian has taken the Red Bulls painted on his car to heart and feels he can BULL around (pun intended).
It also shows he is a pretty ordinary driver in a struggling car. Switch Seb's seats with any other driver (Shumi or even NK) and then his evaluate his performance.

Sebastian's comments on BBC calling NK and "idiot" were uncalled for and totally in Bad Taste.

Last edited by amitku : 27th March 2012 at 09:31.
amitku is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 09:43   #130
BHPian
 
raj.barcode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 678
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Best part of the race was

Name:  KimiRaikkonen_2739859.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  102.8 KB

Fantastic PR from Lotus

Absolutely priceless
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 09:55   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
@anachronix: I would not totally second your view on the Sebastian - Narain incident. Karthekayan was in the right, he made no mistake. Vettel pretty much just dived straight into that corner, pulled into the racing line too quickly (Before the overtake was fully complete) and Vettel's rear tyre came into contact with Karthekayan's front wing.
Lapped cars are supposed to move off the racing line when they are shown the blue flags. I would expect Narain to move over rather than hanging on to the racing line that belongs to Vettel.

Watch the video carefully before you say Vettel dived into Narain. Its clearly Narain who is coming back too early on the racing line!



Quote:
I guess Sebastian has taken the Red Bulls painted on his car to heart and feels he can BULL around (pun intended).
It also shows he is a pretty ordinary driver in a struggling car. Switch Seb's seats with any other driver (Shumi or even NK) and then his evaluate his performance.
Ordinary!? May be you should watch the race again and see how far Vettel was away from getting a podium!

Quote:
Sebastian's comments on BBC calling NK and "idiot" were uncalled for and totally in Bad Taste.
He has every reason to be angry! NK is not fighting for championship while Vettel is and this loss might be a bit too costly later in the championship. But specific words used to insult Narain is defenitely bad taste!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 10:18   #132
BHPian
 
amitku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 77
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Lapped cars are supposed to move off the racing line when they are shown the blue flags. I would expect Narain to move over rather than hanging on to the racing line that belongs to Vettel.
Agreed. But does that mean back markers should park their cars on the grass for the leaders to pass..?? Please remember that even Back markers are fighting their own battles. Each position in F1 is $$$$ for the Teams.

Quote:
Watch the video carefully before you say Vettel dived into Narain. Its clearly Narain who is coming back too early on the racing line!
Thanks for giving the URL, it strengthened the point I was making that it was Sebastian's mistake, as confirmed by the commentators in the clip, not once by twice. Vettel closed the door on Narain before the overtaking was complete. Overtaking complete means his car should have been clear of the car being overtaken, which wasn't the case here.





Quote:
Ordinary!? May be you should watch the race again and see how far Vettel was away from getting a podium!
I call Seb ordinary as I have seen better drivers since 1994 when I started following F1. Shumi went from the best car on the grid (Benetton Renault) to a struggling Ferrari and turned things around. Only time will tell if Sebastian is in the league.
He can atleast learn from peers today, like Jenson Button, who acknowledged that he was at fault in running into Narain.

Quote:
He has every reason to be angry! NK is not fighting for championship while Vettel is and this loss might be a bit too costly later in the championship. But specific words used to insult Narain is defenitely bad taste!
It was only the 2nd race of the season, so nothing is lost yet. Being angry is one thing, but bad mouthing is another. Look at Alonso, how calm he is in a struggling car. He has had incidents, but has maintained his dignity.

Last edited by amitku : 27th March 2012 at 10:20.
amitku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 10:23   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
asr245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,134
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
He has every reason to be angry! NK is not fighting for championship while Vettel is and this loss might be a bit too costly later in the championship. But specific words used to insult Narain is defenitely bad taste!

Sebastian Vettel calls backmarker an 'idiot' after Sepang F1 crash | Sport | guardian.co.uk

He has every reason to be angry but no reason to insult anyone! He is acting like a big bully! I agree with NK. What does Vettel want? get off track as soon he laps someone? Responsibility of passing lies with both. NK came back (maybe because of what he said) and Vettel was quick to cut across him. Vettel is being a big bully.


Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

Ordinary!? May be you should watch the race again and see how far Vettel was away from getting a podium!
His drive didn't seem anything special considering drives from Perez, Alonso or even Bruno Senna (he was dead last after his 1st lap entanglement and finished 6th). All 3 have inferior cars when compared to RBR.

Last edited by asr245 : 27th March 2012 at 10:31.
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 10:24   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
Hatari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What

Schumacher has been the key figure in turning the team from what its been since the last 2 seasons.. While Roseberg is just chugging along with a lacklusture performances these days, i feel Mercedes GP has grown to be a front-runner only because of Schumi in the team.

Yes... Next Shanghai Noon. Plz wait, we will debate over this subject later
There has not been a turning around. Race pace has been a disaster so far. What matters is Sunday, not Saturday.
They are clearly doing worse than last year, where they were the 4th quickest team. This season they are barely in the mid field.

Waiting for Shanghai indeed.
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 10:39   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
Agreed. But does that mean back markers should park their cars on the grass for the leaders to pass..?? Please remember that even Back markers are fighting their own battles. Each position in F1 is $$$$ for the Teams.
I was talking about staying off the racing line, did you read park the car on grass anywhere in my post!? And if they are shown the blue flags, any backmarker HAS to move off the racing line and let the lapping car go safely past. Period!

Quote:
Thanks for giving the URL, it strengthened the point I was making that it was Sebastian's mistake, as confirmed by the commentators in the clip, not once by twice. Vettel closed the door on Narain before the overtaking was complete. Overtaking complete means his car should have been clear of the car being overtaken, which wasn't the case here.
Well if that reinforces what you believe, its great! But its clear from the video, Narain was moving back into the racing line a bit too early which was enough to cut the rear tires of Vettel.

Which commentator!? Slater!?

Quote:
I call Seb ordinary as I have seen better drivers since 1994 when I started following F1. Shumi went from the best car on the grid (Benetton Renault) to a struggling Ferrari and turned things around. Only time will tell if Sebastian is in the league.


Quote:
He can atleast learn from peers today, like Jenson Button, who acknowledged that he was at fault in running into Narain.
It wasnt his mistake, why should he take it on him!

Quote:
It was only the 2nd race of the season, so nothing is lost yet. Being angry is one thing, but bad mouthing is another. Look at Alonso, how calm he is in a struggling car. He has had incidents, but has maintained his dignity.
The championship is very close this year and towards the end of the season every single point in the first few races will become critical!

Like I said earlier, specific words to insult other drivers is just not right, but he is angry and he is angry for a reason!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 169 2nd April 2013 20:22
Malaysian Grand Prix 2011 MCR Int'l Motorsport 35 11th April 2011 22:23
2010 F1 Petronas - Malaysian Grand Prix PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 95 16th April 2010 10:04
The Official Team-BHP Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix Meet!! Sam Kapasi The Team-BHP Meet Section 157 5th April 2007 11:11
How to enjoy the Malaysian Grand Prix? (With pics) Nachu The Team-BHP Meet Section 12 12th January 2007 17:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks