Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 3rd May 2012, 05:08   #16
BHPian

Some reasons why I believe this wont happen:

1) Webber is well into his last part of his career - I would give him 2 seasons or 3 maximum. And he hasn't had any earth shattering success while his time at RBR.
2) there are enough younger number 2 drivers in the market
3) Mark is not connected to anyone (or atleast it's not obvious) at Ferrari
4) Massa's manager is a certain Nicholas Todt - son of legendary Jean Todt (current F1 Boss & ex Ferrari boss). F1 is as much about politics as it is about talent.
5) Ferrari will roll heads in engineering if their B spec car is as slow as the current one. So they have bigger problems right now than Massa.
Zensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Webber to Ferrari in 2013!!

Mark & Alonso are managed by the infamous Flavio Briatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
Some reasons why I believe this wont happen:

1) Webber is well into his last part of his career - I would give him 2 seasons or 3 maximum. And he hasn't had any earth shattering success while his time at RBR.
2) there are enough younger number 2 drivers in the market
3) Mark is not connected to anyone (or atleast it's not obvious) at Ferrari
4) Massa's manager is a certain Nicholas Todt - son of legendary Jean Todt (current F1 Boss & ex Ferrari boss). F1 is as much about politics as it is about talent.
5) Ferrari will roll heads in engineering if their B spec car is as slow as the current one. So they have bigger problems right now than Massa.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:43   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, the move maybe good for Webber (on personal terms), considering his friendship with Alonso. But I am not sure if he can offer anything better to Ferrari.
IMHO, both he and Massa are quite in the same mould. They are not as capable as the likes of Alonso, Kimi (and probably even Hamilton) etc. to extract the maximum out of not-so-perfect machines.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Sorry, not true. Button who is reputed to be a smooth, logical driver etc etc has to have the car setup to his complete satisfaction. Else he complains about understeer/oversteer etc. But if everything is right, he delivers.
The portion highlighted in bold is exactly what I am saying. Alonso delivers even if everything is not right. That is the sign of a great driver. I rest my case.

Quote:
F1 cars are a complex machine and we know that each driver has his own driving style. This year's Ferrari might have been based around Alonso's driving style and Massa may need to get used to it.
Even Alonso is finding this year's Ferrari hard to drive, but he has gone about doing what he does best and that is being better than the car undre him.

Quote:
Give him the car, Massa performs. If the drivers are to work around the cars flaws, I don't think we would need these many engineers in each F1 team.
The car is not flawed. The designers have gone pretty radical and are taking time understanding it's behaviour or in other words they have bitten off more than they can chew.

Quote:
Same case with Vettel able to exploit the off throttle blowing in RBR better than Webber.
The case with Vettel and Webber is completely different. RBR has been always treating Webber like a number two driver and hence Webber's famous quote on live television "Not bad for a number two driver".
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:54   #20
BHPian

Massa these days looks like he has swallowed a load of castor oil or neem oil. Does not give any kind of positive energy. Webbo on the other hand looks like the fighter who tries despite the odds (read: Herr Marko's influence) . He gets on well with Alonso, passes him superfast at Eau Rouge (Nando is ok with that) and drives better than Massa when it rains.
He might bring some amount of knowledge for the aero department from RBR as well.
Why should Ferrari now hold on to Massa ?
polopm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 12:19   #21
BHPian

Default Red Bull teammates Webber and Vettel may move to Ferrari

Has anyone come across this yet?

Red Bull teammates Webber and Vettel may move to Ferrari - Sport - DNA

Source - DNA India
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 14:10   #22
BHPian

Default Re: Red Bull teammates Webber and Vettel may move to Ferrari

Both of them to Ferrari?? Alonso contract with Ferrari is till 2016. Even if Ferrari decide to replace massa, it can be either Webber or Vettel. How can both move and not sure either one of them will opt out to sit and be a test reserve driver.

All we need to do is to wait and watch and not sure if vettle is ready to leave red bull.

-Sajan
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote