Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 13th May 2012, 20:30   #61
BHPian

Default Re: 2012 F1 - Spanish Grand Prix

Great Race!...Congrats Pastor and Forza Ferrari. Lotus need to anticipate things better. Kimi could have challenged Alonso and even Maldanado!

Great Pic and hats off to Fernando and Kimi

2012 F1 - Spanish Grand Prix-d12esp2933.jpg
go-pg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 20:45   #62
BHPian

Great job Williams! on the podium after so many years. Awesome race by Forza Alonso, sad that Massa is not able to match his team mate. 5 races, 5 different drivers, best f1 season so far...

-Sajan
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 20:52   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Thanks for spotting the mistake, I meant the other way around . So how is Shumi justified in calling Senna an idiot(German racers seem to love that word)? How is the guy in front responsible for the guy behind at all?
Even I felt the way Shumi rammed into Senna was like seeing a road accident, there were debri all over the track as a result of this crash.

Shumi is way too much aggressive while overtaking, seeing the crash its hard to forget the crash he had with Jacques Villeneuve in 1997 the final race of that particular season and the championship was at stake. This was a different scenario altogether but couldnt forget that still.

Apart from this incident was a fantastic race and happy to see Maldonado get his maiden victory and hope he gets many more.

Alonso is fighting a lone battle for Ferrari and putting in quite a good effort.
Addy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 21:37   #64
BHPian

BAD NEWS.....

The Williams pit suffered a massive fire due to a KERS related blast. Luckily, Frank Williams was holding a winning speech and thus no one was injured in the explosion. But later, a Force India mechanic was airlifted to hospital due to smoke inhalation injuries.

Huge fire breaks out in Williams garage - GPUpdate.net

jalsa777 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 21:41   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
BAD NEWS.....

The Williams pit suffered a massive fire due to a KERS related blast
That is a nasty fire. I read the news but did not know it was this bad. Thanks for the video. Hopefully no one is hurt.
Old 13th May 2012, 21:53   #66
BHPian

What a stunning race! One more lap and Kimi would have snatched it from Alonso... This season is the best I have seen in the past decade. So many different winners.

This is building up to be a cracker of a season!!
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 22:01   #67
mgh
BHPian

report on bad fire in Williams' garage after race
Formula 1
mgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 22:39   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

BBC reported that one of the Willams’ staff has been taken to hospital, while four Caterham mechanics, and a Force India team member are being treated on the site.

Quote:
So how is Shumi justified in calling Senna an idiot(German racers seem to love that word)? How is the guy in front responsible for the guy behind at all?
Well, I guess only he felt that Bruno is an idiot. Michael has been penalized with a five-place grid penalty for the next race in Monaco – for causing the collision.

BBC Sport - Michael Schumacher penalised for Bruno Senna clash
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 23:15   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for spotting the mistake, I meant the other way around . So how is Shumi justified in calling Senna an idiot(German racers seem to love that word)? How is the guy in front responsible for the guy behind at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san;2775919

Well, I guess only he felt that Bruno is an idiot. Michael has been penalized with a five-place grid penalty for the next race in Monaco – for causing the collision.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18053192
BBC Sport - Michael Schumacher penalised for Bruno Senna clash[/url]
The race was very clear, Bruno did not have fresh tyres, he should be a real Idiot for impending cars that was running on fresh tyres, he had a small incident with Grosjean, and Bruno was all over the track in the braking zone, this is the time when Michael hit him from the back.

Its a racing incident, and Bruno was at fault for defending a position that he could not have kept.

Micheal was at fault for making a Stupid move on a race driver who cannot go half faster with his car than he could walking

Stewards are right, so there's no difference the penalty would mean to Schumacher for Monaco's raceday.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 23:40   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The race was very clear, Bruno did not have fresh tyres, he should be a real Idiot for impending cars that was running on fresh tyres
I am sorry!, Bruno was fighting for position. Why should a driver move over even if he is slower? The faster cars have to pass him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Its a racing incident, and Bruno was at fault for defending a position that he could not have kept.
How could it be a racing incident and be Bruno's fault? It was not Bruno's fault.
Old 14th May 2012, 00:32   #71
BHPian

It was very clearly a mis-judgement by Michael. What was MSC doing there in the braking zone in the first place. He should have already moved to the inside at the start of the braking zone.

On a funny note: Kobayashi should conduct overtaking classes for the rest of the field. That guy pulls off amazing maneuvers.
jalsa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 05:23   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post

On a funny note: Kobayashi should conduct overtaking classes for the rest of the field. That guy pulls off amazing maneuvers.
I agree. He has heaps of ambition like Hamilton but unlike Hamilton he has the skill to pull it off without any mistakes.

He has an extraordinary sense of knowing the car's brake limit I think. His kiss with Jenson's front left tire reminds me of that time he saved the car in Canada from The Wall of Champions.
Attached Images

D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 06:31   #73
BHPian

Bruno Senna was defending his position! If other cars are faster it is their responsibility to pass him safely. Period.

Did he defend within the rules?
One move off the racing line to defend - Check
One move back to the racing line but one car's width between himself and edge of track - Check

Conclusion: Senna was perfectly within the rules to defend his position. Totally Schumacher's fault.

Stunning to see such an amateurish incident from Schumacher and even worse was the outburst at Senna. Pathetic if fans defend Schumacher and blame Senna - however hardcore a fan you are.

On a lighter note, I honestly thought Schumacher was angry with himself and summarizing his own driving
good.car-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 07:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

After I saw the replay I couldn't figure out what MS was so angry about? It reminded me of Ralf running into the back of RB at the start of 2002 Aus GP (I think). It was at best a racing incident and clearly not Bruno's fault. His job is to defend his position - whether he's .1 sec slower or 10sec is irrelevant.

On another note, I was surprised they didn't bring out the safety car when there was so much debris around turn 1.

Kobayashi's move on Button was the move of the day for me.

Last edited by asr245 : 14th May 2012 at 07:21.
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 07:56   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
After I saw the replay I couldn't figure out what MS was so angry about?
I think more than anything, Michael was angry with himself. But being Schumacher, he’ll definitely say that its not his fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245
Kobayashi's move on Button was the move of the day for me.
More funny was the way Kamui covered Nico. The latter did not even give a fight, just cleared the path!
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote