Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 27th May 2012, 19:25   #46
BHPian

Default Re: 2012 F1- Monaco Grand Prix

Why did Shumi have to retire ? They said his problem was not critical from the pits.
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 19:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

What a race !!!
So closely fought.
Alonso now leads the championship with 76 points.
Are Ferrari back ?, or Is it just short term glory remains to be seen.
F150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 19:27   #48
BHPian

Webber wins it closely follwed by Nico Rosberg and Fernando Alonso

Great race and a good finish, Strong and determined drive by Mark Webber leading from the front.

Good drive by Rosberg and Alonso too, Champion drive by Vettel his strategy of starting with Soft compound tyres nearly got him into the podium.

Disappointing season for Michael continues as he had to retire late in the race.
Addy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 19:48   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent race...! Not seen the top six fighting so closely to the finish.

I was hoping for rain in the last 5-6 laps. Good finish by Massa, but quite unfortunate that Michael had to retire.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 20:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

What a race it ended up being! I doubt any other GP has had such closes top-4 finishes.

I really thought Schumi would at least drive in limp-mode; terrible that he had to retire.

I expect quite some Race Stewards involvement post-race courtesy some of those overtaking maneuvers.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 20:44   #51
mgh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Why did Shumi have to retire ? They said his problem was not critical from the pits.
The commentators said that it was better to retire than keep running at Monaco, if there was no chance for points.

The top ten managed with a single pit stop. Pirellis were not a major factor this time, but also no one was eager to overtake in the latter part of the race. The best overtaking move was Vettel overtaking Lewis earlier in the race.
mgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 01:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

I am really glad that the most boring race of the calendar is out of the way !
Why can't they widen the street circuit and make it as wide as the Singapore one so that overtaking is encouraged ?
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 01:50   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
Why can't they widen the street circuit and make it as wide as the Singapore one so that overtaking is encouraged ?
+100. Monaco is the MOST BORING circuit of the calendar in current state. If they widen couple of corners at strategic locations then it has potential to become exiting circuit.
Nitrous Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 10:41   #54
BHPian

Awesome race! Webber drove a really fantastic line. I'd have hoped Alonso could've pushed a bit more onto Rosberg. The funniest thing to see was the DRS activation, it would just open and then.. done! I don't think DRS played advantage to anyone in this race.

So, predicting Kimi for a win in the next one?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 10:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

Pirelli need to get working on a Super-Duper soft tire, just for Monaco.
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 10:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Good to see Webber win one, finally. Should boost his morale. Not sure how many fastest laps he pulled out to open up a good gap to Rosberg but they were quite a lot. Well done to him!

Finally Massa looked like an F1 driver even though he was still behind Alonso (but not too far). Now if he can manage a win, might give him and his almost over F1 career a big boost.

Grosjean seems to lack the capacity to not get entangled with someone or the other, inspite of starting high up the grid. I think this is the 2nd time this season he was out before the 1st lap inspite of starting high up (top 5 or so). It's costing Lotus valuable points - something that would have helped them keep Ferrari behind.
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 12:07   #57
BHPian

I am glad for Sahara Force India, both drivers in points.
I agree with others who posted that Monaco is boring. Except for the possibility of crashes and collisions in the first corner, there is nothing else. No over taking possibility. They should widen the track or as someone somewhere suggested, get rid of Monaco from the calendar, its so unsafe! - my two cents
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 12:16   #58
BHPian

What a Race (and Qualifying)

I wonder what is going on behind the Merc garage!
Schumi goes awesome during the qualifying and carries a good race pace, though held behind a Lotus. And all of a sudden, his car suffers a Fuel Pressure issue and he retires from the race!!! What a bummer! Is it only me who's seeing that the other Merc is devoid of retirement issues, while Schumi's not!!!?

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 28th May 2012 at 12:39. Reason: spell issue
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 12:32   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
+100. Monaco is the MOST BORING circuit of the calendar in current state. If they widen couple of corners at strategic locations then it has potential to become exiting circuit.
Boring it maybe, but this is one fixture which will stay in F1. No other circuit can match the glitz and glamour associated with this particular circuit (probably to the danger of the sport taking a backseat).
Personally I like the track, and I think this is one track which really tests the caliber of the driver.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 12:40   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Boring it maybe, but this is one fixture which will stay in F1. No other circuit can match the glitz and glamour associated with this particular circuit (probably to the danger of the sport taking a backseat).
Personally I like the track, and I think this is one track which really tests the caliber of the driver.
Agree with the glitz and glamour but since I do not see myself getting to the stage of parking my private yatch in the bay and watching the race from the deck anytime in the near future I am not too fond of the race
Sir Jackie Stewart , whose interview was shown just before the race, aptly summed up the race - this is a race which is not too difficult to win from the front row. Every race track tests the calibre of the driver but there are lots of other circuits which are much more physically and technically demanding than Monaco
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote