Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 10th December 2012, 01:55   #1
BHPian

Default Force India 2013 Driver Line-up

Latest developments are pointing to Sutil filling Hulk's seat, wonder how true they are. It looks very realistic, as he does have 6 years of experience. However, I do feel Bianchi might be the better option. Sutil's viability only looks promising from a risk management point of view imho?

Hopefully he comes back with a vengeance, greater ambition and commitment?

I would also love to see him back just to witness his on track and parc ferme behavior with ex-lover Hamilton On-track would be even more interesting since it's plausible that the FIs will be vrooming along in the same section of the field with Mercedes' cars.

I guess psychologically, next to Alonso, Sutil could be most motivated to prove his worth in 2013.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Force-India-...1-news-a206911

Last edited by D33-PAC : 10th December 2012 at 02:02.
D33-PAC is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 09:32   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Force India 2013 Driver Line-up

Not to forget seeing him run away from abandoned car for safety. His style of running looked hilariously funny.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 10:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Not to forget seeing him run away from abandoned car for safety. His style of running looked hilariously funny.
Ohhhh that Montreal incident!!!! It will haunt him even in his grave. He must be cursing that youtube video uploader, who made it even more infamous/famous.

I believe till date, that video has received more views on youtube than any of his other videos .

I don't blame the guy, but that is a rather, interesting, way of jogging/running/whatever the hell you call it.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 10th December 2012 at 10:20.
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 10:22   #4
BHPian

Here it goes for starters
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 19:12   #5
BHPian

I love how the uploader of that video put running in quotes in the title .

Latest updates indicate Sutil is negotiating with FI at the moment, FI has stated it will reach a decision by the weekend.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/su...h-force-india/
Old 13th December 2012, 23:54   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Here it goes for starters
Thanks for rekindling the joy. One of comments under the video says, "A running flower." Couldn't be more apt.

Hopefully VJM can sort out the issues at UB & KFA soon. That will have a bearing on how Force India is for the 2013 season.

A good gesture by FI here. http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/det...ico-hulkenberg

Last edited by deetjohn : 13th December 2012 at 23:56. Reason: adding text.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 01:50   #7
BHPian

Latest updates claim Jules Bianchi will get the 2013 seat due to his Ferrari connection and rumors that FI will switch back to Ferrari's power plants.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bi...a-seat-430083/
Old 14th December 2012, 12:20   #8
mgh
BHPian

Sutil's criminal conviction may come in the way of his entry to some countries, if that is the case, his F1 career is definitely over. Also it was said that he was good enough for an international career as a pianist, which could also become impossible.
Difficult to say, rock musicians have survived drug related charges.
mgh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 07:29   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Sutil's criminal conviction may come in the way of his entry to some countries, if that is the case, his F1 career is definitely over.

Never thought about that -- that is quite a massive setback to him. I still wonder what prompted him to attack Lux that night, I've had always seen him as a softie, very gentlemanly. I am still surprised it was Sutil that did that. Incredibly unfortunate how a few seconds changed everything for him. :(

Last edited by D33-PAC : 17th December 2012 at 07:30.
Old 17th December 2012, 18:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Sutil claims that he is clear to race in 2013.

http://en.espnf1.com/forceindia/moto...ory/97550.html
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 18:29   #11
mgh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Sutil claims that he is clear to race in 2013.

http://en.espnf1.com/forceindia/moto...ory/97550.html
He is the best available for SFI, and they should take him on in that case.

It should not be forgotten that FI were sixth in 2011, while Sutil finished ahead of both the drivers of the team which finished fifth.
mgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 15:27   #12
BHPian

It's been Confirmed!

Adrian Sutil will partner Di Resta for the 2013 Season racing for Force India. I'm a bit sad I was really hoping for Bianchi to race for FI. Love to see new faces in Formula One and Bianchi being so quick in the tests made me want him part of the pair even more. Not to mention Bianchis Ferrari links could prove useful with 2014 regulation changes through Engine deals etc.
Oh well...
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 21:49   #13
mgh
BHPian

It is clear that Sutil was dropped last year because the case on his Shanghai shenanigans was yet to be decided and FI wasn't sure whether he would be allowed in various countries.

Dropping Sutil for 2012 wasn't because of his performance in 2011, he did finish 9th, and was finishing ahead of even the Mercedes cars towards the end of the season.

As Mallya said, SFI are hoping that he will be able to show the kind of form he showed towards end of 2011.
mgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 12:26   #14
BHPian

I have heard/read that The announcement regarding sfi's two drivers was late due to he team waiting to confirm that he can race in all the countries.

I've also read that Eric Lux is an alcoholic who is very aggressive when drunk, even his girlfriend has filed cases against him! He grabbed sutil by the arm and dragged him off a seat when sutil was sitting next to Lewis Hamilton that night. Apparently the conversation had something to do with Sutil's sexual preferences.
An aggrieved sutil then hit a drunk lux in the neck with the glass .

Apparently everyone in F1 knows Lux was at fault but nobody wants to say a thing because he's a team owner.

What are the other versions ?
Old 4th March 2013, 13:19   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
I have heard/read that The announcement regarding sfi's two drivers was late due to he team waiting to confirm that he can race in all the countries.

I've also read that Eric Lux is an alcoholic who is very aggressive when drunk, even his girlfriend has filed cases against him! He grabbed sutil by the arm and dragged him off a seat when sutil was sitting next to Lewis Hamilton that night. Apparently the conversation had something to do with Sutil's sexual preferences.
An aggrieved sutil then hit a drunk lux in the neck with the glass .

Apparently everyone in F1 knows Lux was at fault but nobody wants to say a thing because he's a team owner.

What are the other versions ?
I cannot comment on Eric Lux. Sutil being cleared to race on all events on the calender was an issue in 2012 when the case was still on going, not the current year. FIs financial woes have been widely reported.
Here's how I see it and I strongly believe I'm spot on how the Driver-lineup formed the way it did:

1.) Di Resta doesn't bring much in terms of Sponsorship but is consistent.

2,) Bianchi was in contention simply because they were hoping for either Free or heavily discounted Ferrari engines for 2014.

3.) Razia was in talks but FI felt the sponsors weren't sure, I guess they were right as his sponsors pulled out and he was removed from maurussia line-up and replaced with bianchi a few days ago.

4.) Sutil is not consistent but is quick. It came down to who brought more money him or bianchi and now we know.

It is a balancing act, It is all about fiscally responsible and being competitive at the same time. Each small team must make sure they can survive the current year and compete the next one. Keep in mind the teams get money from Bernie as a result of the Concorde deal. They would want one driver that will score points and assure them of a good position on the constructors and the second driver that will bring guaranteed money but may be average in the races.
The above does not effect big teams such as McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull and now Lotus as they already are blessed through generous sponsors on their cars and can concentrate on getting the most talented drivers.
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote