Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 9th May 2013, 12:32   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Funny exhausts?

If the V6 could make as much noise as the current V8 why would Bernie even bother mentioning funny exhausts to make it exciting for the fans?

The V6 on the 97T was actually loud, with the exhaust regulations that is going to restrict exhaust blowing, dont fancy anything louder for 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I don't think it makes much sense to assume that 2014 cars will sound the same just because they are Turbo V6s as well.
Plus If I remember correctly I think I read somewhere that they might use funny exhausts to make it sound better as the natural sound would be muffled because of the turbo wheel in there.
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 12:50   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Funny exhausts?

If the V6 could make as much noise as the current V8 why would Bernie even bother mentioning funny exhausts to make it exciting for the fans?

The V6 on the 97T was actually loud, with the exhaust regulations that is going to restrict exhaust blowing, dont fancy anything louder for 2014.
I think you may have misunderstood my position.
The argument isn't that the v6 will sound as good/loud as the v8. I think it's safe to say 2 cylinders less + turbo wheel will undoubtedly make it sound much more muted.
I'm saying that the 'default' noise should be, speculation, different given decades newer technology & that it should not be a cause of concern as the rumoured funny exhausts(:P) should make up for the loss of the high pitched noise that people are so fond off

Last edited by Maky : 9th May 2013 at 12:52.
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 12:58   #168
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry, but I dont understand what you are trying to say! You are saying it will be louder or it will not be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I think you may have misunderstood my position.
The argument isn't that the v6 will sound as good/loud as the v8. I think it's safe to say 2 cylinders less + turbo wheel will undoubtedly make it sound much more muted.
I'm saying that the 'default' noise should be, speculation, different given decades newer technology & that it should not be a cause of concern as the rumoured funny exhausts(:P) should make up for the loss of the high pitched noise that people are so fond off
Old 9th May 2013, 13:00   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am sorry, but I dont understand what you are trying to say! You are saying it will be louder or it will not be?
I am saying you shouldn't worry about it sounding as bad as you probably are thinking given that video you linked. That being said, It will most probably not sound as good as current V8s, there is no debate from me here, but not as muted as that very old V6.
Old 9th May 2013, 15:58   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
James Allison leaves Lotus!
http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsp...ry/107249.html

That is a surprise. I wonder where to.
This is actually a shock, considering he was instrumental in getting Lotus to where it is today. Whichever team has signed him, has killed two birds in one shot by signing him so early in the season. One - he will play no further part in this year's development effort at Lotus, Two - he is also out of picture for next year's efforts at Lotus. So Lotus has lost big time here, and most likely this may also suggest Kimi is on the move.
SilentEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 17:24   #171
Senior - BHPian

Its Ferrari!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107273

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
This is actually a shock, considering he was instrumental in getting Lotus to where it is today. Whichever team has signed him, has killed two birds in one shot by signing him so early in the season. One - he will play no further part in this year's development effort at Lotus, Two - he is also out of picture for next year's efforts at Lotus. So Lotus has lost big time here, and most likely this may also suggest Kimi is on the move.
Old 9th May 2013, 17:33   #172
BHPian

This man would replace Pat Fry then? I wonder if he is going there in some other capacity. It does seem strange a switch this late. Basically, Ferrari will gain from his insight on Lotus's 2014 racer as this late he would have already started work on their next seasons car.
Old 9th May 2013, 17:58   #173
Senior - BHPian

The autosport article says that the deal is not yet in place, but talks are still on-going between Allison and Ferrari.

I wonder what would prompt Allison to give up his job at Lotus before he has any other concrete contracts on the table.

Did he have a difference of opinion with Lotus management? Does he know something about Lotus and its financial situation that we don't (considering they still don't have a title sponsor)? If it's the latter, I think we can expect Kimi also to move out of Lotus at the end of the season.
StarrySky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 16:22   #174
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari's foot operated DRS!

http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2013/0/1062.html
Old 12th May 2013, 01:52   #175
BHPian

Hey guys I'm looking to book tickets for this year's Indian Grand Prix. Any idea when the bookings will open in India? I can find tickets online on UK websites however can't find an Indian website? On the official formula 1 website, the Grandstand ticket (upper tier) costs £160 however I believe its cheaper if I buy in India. Am I thinking wrong here? Any ideas? Many thanks.
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 09:16   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Hey guys I'm looking to book tickets for this year's Indian Grand Prix. Any idea when the bookings will open in India? I can find tickets online on UK websites however can't find an Indian website? On the official formula 1 website, the Grandstand ticket (upper tier) costs £160 however I believe its cheaper if I buy in India. Am I thinking wrong here? Any ideas? Many thanks.
They open in July, roundabouts.
Prices I'm not too sure about, but the later you book, day passes, the cheaper they get.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 15:46   #177
BHPian

Paul Hembrey just tweeted this:

Quote:
#f1 From Canada changes to be made to bring back 2 to 3 stops. Some structural changes combining elements 2012 and 2013 products.
Pirelli takes action after the shambles of the Spanish GP
nipcarlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 08:29   #178
Senior - BHPian

Kamikaze cat joins Ferrari, his factory visit and more...

Old 17th May 2013, 15:05   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Paul Hembrey just tweeted this:

Pirelli takes action after the shambles of the Spanish GP
It's an interesting move. They're going to make the rubber more durable and bring back some elements from the 2011 and 2012 rubber. I, for one, am very keen on seeing more durable rubber.

Watching a bunch of F1 "racers" trundling around on conservation runs is driving me crazy. I'd give anything for a return to the mad days of 1996-2002 and 2004 - 2006 (I hated 2003).

Of course, I'm likely to be in a minority on this. I also favour a return to refueling... Without strategy, to my mind F1 is just not F1!
imidnightmare is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 16:01   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imidnightmare View Post
Of course, I'm likely to be in a minority on this. I also favour a return to refueling... Without strategy, to my mind F1 is just not F1!
You are not a minority in here mate, even I do want to see the return of refueling. With the current state of Pirelli rubber available everybody in F1 is confused about strategies, add to it the refueling drama ( what fuel load one is carrying ), it will help F1 get more crazier and faster.
Bubby is online now   Reply With Quote