Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 13:29   #286
BHPian
 
polopm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 438
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Brawn pushed the rules to the maximum and got away with it (as usual). They have been incredibly clever. If you notice they've got the email confirmation from Charlie Whiting. Then they have asked him to check with FIA legal cell for their opinion, got a go ahead and then gone ahead with the test. They have made the FIA a party to the test effectively with Pirelli !!
In such a situation, you would expect a wriggle out and that's exactly what has happened. Maybe Whiting will be eased out in the background after this year.

Last edited by polopm : 24th June 2013 at 13:32. Reason: typo !
polopm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 15:53   #287
BHPian
 
Maky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 732
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Red Bull wishes to take the law into it's own hands.
RBR is now threatning a full 3 day In-Season test of their own. More here.

Every since the Testgate scandal broke with the Tribunal results following I've maintained that the reason Merc got away is FIAs own bungle with testing permissions. If RBR knowingly break the rules post the scandal I don't think they will get away with it. They are not Big Red...
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 16:02   #288
BHPian
 
polopm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 438
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Red Bull wishes to take the law into it's own hands.
RBR is now threatning a full 3 day In-Season test of their own. More here.

Every since the Testgate scandal broke with the Tribunal results following I've maintained that the reason Merc got away is FIAs own bungle with testing permissions. If RBR knowingly break the rules post the scandal I don't think they will get away with it. They are not Big Red...
Easier said than done. You will need Pirelli as the base for having the test and I think they are already tired of all the negativities around. Not to mention, they probably don't have RBR on the top of their love list.
Mr T will probably remind Pirelli on their precarious position (having no contract with the FIA for next year). Sour grapes and toys out of the pram - nothing will happen.
Brawn has pulled it away, right under the nose of all the biggies and the FIA.
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 16:48   #289
BHPian
 
Maky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 732
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Easier said than done. You will need Pirelli as the base for having the test and I think they are already tired of all the negativities around. Not to mention, they probably don't have RBR on the top of their love list.
Mr T will probably remind Pirelli on their precarious position (having no contract with the FIA for next year). Sour grapes and toys out of the pram - nothing will happen.
That is a very good point however that is assuming that Pirelli has say over who can and cannot use their tyres. They may be the sole tyre supplies to F1 but I'm inclined to believe they may not have the right to decline any team. I would like to believe the only authority with such power would have to be the FIA who once again will find itself in a pickle. RBRs end goal is to get their cars, best on the grid when it comes to eating tyres, tested simply put. Will it work? Remains to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Brawn has pulled it away, right under the nose of all the biggies and the FIA.
Brawn is a god and perhaps Mercs best asset next to HAM. He has proven his teflon in the past by getting away with various shenanigans with Benetton and Ferrari, Once again proved he knows what he's doing with Merc. I may not agree with his 'aggressive' tactics but Respect.
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 19:43   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Lewis thinks it 'sucks' to not let the kids drive his car!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108284
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 09:59   #291
BHPian
 
polopm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 438
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Lewis thinks it 'sucks' to not let the kids drive his car!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108284
Mr.Bigmouth just can't keep it quiet. He is missing his father's calming influence I guess. Comments about losing out his best years in McL is not going to help anyone even him.

Steering away to a different topic, Is Kimi reluctant to join RBR because of bad experience with Newey cars. Because the last time they were together, Kimi threw the steering into the garage after retiring from the race . Google MP4-18.
The car was way radical and I hope something like that would be done by him for next year ?
polopm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 11:33   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

I dont think so, everyone in the paddock wants to drive the RedBull car and if RedBull wants Kimi to drive for them, they are going to throw in lot of money. Now that they have renewed Vettel's contract until 2016, I doubt if RedBull would want another star driver.

I would not bet on a Kimi move to RedBull. But I think one of the STR drivers might get a promotion to drive the RedBull car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Steering away to a different topic, Is Kimi reluctant to join RBR because of bad experience with Newey cars. Because the last time they were together, Kimi threw the steering into the garage after retiring from the race . Google MP4-18.
The car was way radical and I hope something like that would be done by him for next year ?
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 12:43   #293
Senior - BHPian
 
Hatari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I dont think so, everyone in the paddock wants to drive the RedBull car and if RedBull wants Kimi to drive for them, they are going to throw in lot of money. Now that they have renewed Vettel's contract until 2016, I doubt if RedBull would want another star driver.

I would not bet on a Kimi move to RedBull. But I think one of the STR drivers might get a promotion to drive the RedBull car!
For sure, in addition if there was ever a driver-team culture/brand fit.. its Kimi and Red Bull.. although Lotus have handled him really well.
(as opposed to Kimi-Mclaren!.. which was the worst)
But Vettel has had it too easy at Red Bull.. going up against Kimi (the least confrontational driver in F1) would be mouth watering,

Coming back to MercGate... Ross Brawn wants "clarity" on testing.
Brawn calls for testing clampdown
http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motors...ry/112515.html
I suppose, doubt is bound to creep in when one can trade an exclusive test with 2 experienced F1 drivers for a 'junta' test with rookies.

Last edited by Hatari : 27th June 2013 at 12:46.
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 13:33   #294
BHPian
 
nipcarlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sheffield/A'bad
Posts: 428
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Mark Webber leaving F1 at the end of this season to join Porsche's sportscar program.
Link: Mark Webber to leave Formula 1 at the end of 2013 season

Quote:
Red Bull driver Mark Webber has decided to leave F1 at the end of this season.
The 36-year-old Australian is joining German company Porsche's new sportscar programme, which includes an assault on the classic Le Mans 24 Hours.
Webber had options to stay in F1, either with Red Bull or another top team, but feels it is time to move on in his career.
Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen is favourite to replace him, with Toro Rosso's Daniel Ricciardo or Jean-Eric Vergne options.
Webber described it as an "honour" to race for Porsche, adding: "Porsche has written racing history as a manufacturer and stands for outstanding performance and technology at the highest level.

"I'm very much looking forward to this new challenge after my time in Formula 1. I can hardly wait to pilot one of the fastest sports cars in the world."
In 12 years in F1, Webber has won nine grands prix, achieved 36 podium finishes, 11 pole positions and 15 fastest laps and twice finished third in the World Championship.Webber did consider staying with Red Bull for another season. But he has decided that with the big change in regulations next year that will dramatically alter the demands of F1 it is a good time to move on to a fresh challenge in a new category where he believes his long-term future lies.
He has never been a fan of the rapidly degrading Pirelli tyres that have been used in F1 since 2011 - Webber believes they prevent drivers pushing to the limit throughout the race, a characteristic he believes should be an integral part of the sport.
nipcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 13:47   #295
BHPian
 
Maky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 732
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Mr.Bigmouth just can't keep it quiet. He is missing his father's calming influence I guess. Comments about losing out his best years in McL is not going to help anyone even him.

Steering away to a different topic, Is Kimi reluctant to join RBR because of bad experience with Newey cars. Because the last time they were together, Kimi threw the steering into the garage after retiring from the race . Google MP4-18.
The car was way radical and I hope something like that would be done by him for next year ?
Lewis can be immature sometimes no doubt. However I think Ron made some pointed remarks after Hamilton left McLaren to his defense. It is a well known fact Ron doesn't like people who leave McLaren, did also say something snappy about loyalty etc. when the other guy left after hamilton did.

I really don't think kimi is reluctant to join RBR because of Newey. Kimi isn't stupid he knows not everything is guaranteed in F1 and his one time bad experience with McLaren and newey couldn't possibly paint a negative picture of newey for him. He has seen what newey is capable of. I think Kimi with RBR depends on Webber joining or declining 2014 with RBR more than anything else. VET+WEB has = 3 Constructor Championships. It is an equation RBR wouldn't want to mess with unless forced to by Webber.

On a side note, It is my opinion that it would be naive to think that RBR will be as dominant as they have been recently in 2014. Keep in mind that the Formula will change considerably and with it the playing field will be levelled as it was in 2009. There is no saying where RBR will be in the ranks next year & Kimi will have intelligently taken this into account when he will consider his future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I dont think so, everyone in the paddock wants to drive the RedBull car and if RedBull wants Kimi to drive for them, they are going to throw in lot of money. Now that they have renewed Vettel's contract until 2016, I doubt if RedBull would want another star driver.

I would not bet on a Kimi move to RedBull. But I think one of the STR drivers might get a promotion to drive the RedBull car!
Indeed. Fastest Car on the grid with solid reliability? I think at this point if any driver who was not contractually obliged to their team, not driving for RBR was offered a drive for Red Bull they wouldn't hesitate to take the seat.

I wouldn't bet on a Kimi move to Red Bull either. I don't know how they will manage two 'Bulls' in one team : ). Even though their buddies now that can change so easily once the red mist settles in on the track.

EDIT:


Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Mark Webber leaving F1 at the end of this season to join Porsche's sportscar program.
Link: Mark Webber to leave Formula 1 at the end of 2013 season
Oh big EDIT there, You made the post just before I hit reply!. So that's confirmed then is it. This should make the next few weeks very very interesting...

Last edited by Maky : 27th June 2013 at 13:49.
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 14:58   #296
Senior - BHPian
 
Hatari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Big news but not totally unexpected with Webber leaving..
cmon Horner... Just Do It
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 16:52   #297
BHPian
 
polopm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 438
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Big news but not totally unexpected with Webber leaving..
cmon Horner... Just Do It
I definitely feel a tad sad thinking we will not have Webbo in F1 next year. He's got guts and speaks the facts on the face and not beating around the bush. Shame on you Marko.
Oh well, let the rumour mills begin.
polopm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 17:26   #298
Senior - BHPian
 
Hatari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
I definitely feel a tad sad thinking we will not have Webbo in F1 next year. He's got guts and speaks the facts on the face and not beating around the bush. Shame on you Marko.
Oh well, let the rumour mills begin.
A tad.. but enthusiastic about possibility of Kimi going there.
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 17:43   #299
BHPian
 
polopm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 438
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
A tad.. but enthusiastic about possibility of Kimi going there.
Hmmm, do we know for sure ?

Just for sake of argument - let's assume the new RBR next year is like the one what we have for couple of years now and Kimi does go there..Just imagine - Kimi Vs Vettel. And then you will have Kimi Vs Vettel Vs Alonso Vs Hamilton. This is so intoxicating !

You might also have Kimi Vs Marko. He's got the habit of chewing people and Kimi might not even response to his talks.

Consider this too: Both drivers are good for next few years. Which means there is no point running the sister team when it cannot feed people for the parent team. Then TR will become the guinea pig for experimenting new parts and idea. They will have the same engine as well.
The whole situation is going to be quite good for RBR. Heads or Tails, they win !!
polopm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 08:39   #300
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,890
Thanked: 6,659 Times
Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Oh! I will miss Webber. It would have been better if Marko had left RBR (or the sport rather) than Webber. I will miss his frank opinions and his pace at Monaco.

I will be very surprised if Kimi gets that seat next year.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Formula E - The 2014-15 Season zenren Int'l Motorsport 12 2nd January 2015 13:44
The 2012 Formula One Season akshay380 Int'l Motorsport 409 26th December 2012 10:51
Kimi Raikkonen won’t return to Formula One next season kraft.wagen Int'l Motorsport 16 22nd July 2010 17:12
IIT Delhi students making formula car for Formula SAE rishibravo Technical Stuff 12 24th April 2008 19:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:24.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks