Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 3rd September 2013, 06:44   #391
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Confirmed news. Ricciardo will replace Webber at Red Bull Racing for 2014.
Ricciardo lands Red Bull seat for 2014
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:19   #392
BHPian

As expected, the F1 press is over the moon with the news, as "their boy" has bagged the seat. I think it is a big mistake, especially if Kimi goes to Mclaren or Ferrari, RBR will be up against 3 strong driver pairings (HAM-ROS, ALO-RAI, BUT-RAI). Ricciardo will not do as well as Webber and we have seen what Webber is doing in the second RBR
jaganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:02   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
As expected, the F1 press is over the moon with the news, as "their boy" has bagged the seat. I think it is a big mistake, especially if Kimi goes to Mclaren or Ferrari, RBR will be up against 3 strong driver pairings (HAM-ROS, ALO-RAI, BUT-RAI). Ricciardo will not do as well as Webber and we have seen what Webber is doing in the second RBR
It is the most logical choice, thats the purpose behind the Red Bull driver program. Red Bull are already winning the WDC and the Constructors.. they do not really need Kimi. Kimi to Ferrari/Mclaren rumours are F1's silly season at its best. Kimi is best suited at Lotus, where his presence his crucial to the team from a sporting and commercial point of view.
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:04   #394
Senior - BHPian

So its Ferrari's turn to make the announcement this weekend in Monza about its drivers for 2014?
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:19   #395
BHPian

So Redbull basically dragged it for weeks just to keep the rumour mill busy. Ricciardo deal was done quite a while ago.
However it definitely sets the ball rolling, with one immediate after-effect is that there will be a new driver at STR, picked from an army of RedBull junior drivers.

Ferrari is not going to announce its drivers at Monza. Last time, Alonso's arrival and Kimi's departure was announced at Suzuka in 2009. So it doesnt have to be at Monza. Right now, ball is in Kimi's court. As soon as he agrees to one of the contracts, the team is going to announce it, whichever team it is.

Personnally, I think Kimi is just hoping that Lotus can resolve all the financial issues quickly and there is a clear plan for future. He really likes being in that team.
SilentEngine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:43   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay S View Post
Guys I'm going to this year's Indian GP as it might be my only GP experience! I would liked to tie up with any bhpian going from Bangalore. Also would be glad to receive help from Delhi bhpians...
Have a good time there.
Since it is going to be your first time at Buddh, some tips based on my experience there last time:
1. If you are using the shuttle service, be at the pick up point near the metro station well ahead of time. At least 1.5 to 2 hours before you intend to be at the circuit. There is no schedule and the bus leaves at the drivers whim when it gets filled regardless of the event schedule. The earlier you get there the higher the chance of making it to the venue on time.
2. Regardless of the previous point, shuttle bus is a better option of the reaching Buddh when compared to using your own vehicle thanks to the hellish commute before and after.
3. get the events schedule online before-hand, these are sold at the venue at a premium. It is a huge place and doing your homework on the locations will improve your experience immensely.

The above points are crucial to avoid putting a bitter taste in your mouth even before the first engine is cranked.

4. Even though free wifi is promised and available, it is highly unreliable. I'd recommend a good 3G plan for listening to commentary and following the race progress online. Remember you will be sitting in one section of the circuit with random commentary in Hindi and English from the grandstand. I can vouch for the fact that following whats happening in the race per se would be a difficult affair using just the television feed sans audio.
5. Make sure you use the ear plugs provided for your own safety.

The television viewing experience grossly understates the actual circuit experience. The engine noise in chorus will shock your senses and you will feel your internal organs vibrating in tune with their symphony. It is a feeling like none other, very addictive and difficult to recreate in other circumstances.

Oh, and one more thing, I'll bet that when you leave the venue you will be making plans to catch your next dose of live F1 at Singapore, Malaysia or other close by international venues.
No way is this going to be your only F1 GP experience.
dzrebellz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:47   #397
Senior - BHPian

Agree, Lotus has a brilliant PR team and they dont trouble Kimi with some stupid stunts for media events like what the big teams would require.

But the problem between Kimi & Lotus have always been payments, Kimi gets paid 2 or 3 months later than agreed and now James Allison has left the team in the dark with the 2014 car. I think thats something thats pushing Kimi out of Lotus!

Button's Santander commercial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Personnally, I think Kimi is just hoping that Lotus can resolve all the financial issues quickly and there is a clear plan for future. He really likes being in that team.
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 18:11   #398
BHPian

New Jersey has been removed along with India from the 2014 Calendar & Mexico has been added. Following is the line up consisting of 21 races so far, As per PF1 & is Subject to change ; ):

16 Mar - Australian Grand Prix (Melbourne)
23 Mar - Malaysian Grand Prix (Sepang)
06 Apr - Chinese Grand Prix (Shanghai)
13 Apr - Korean Grand Prix (Korea International Circuit)
27 Apr - Bahrain Grand Prix (Sakhir)
11 May - Spanish Grand Prix (Barcelona)
25 May - Monaco Grand Prix (Monte Carlo)
08 Jun - Canadian Grand Prix (Montreal)
22 Jun - Austrian Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)
06 Jul - British Grand Prix (Silverstone)
20 Jul - German Grand Prix (Hockenheim)
27 Jul - Hungarian Grand Prix (Budapest)
24 Aug - Belgian Grand Prix (Spa)
07 Sep - Italian Grand Prix (Monza)
21 Sep - Singapore Grand Prix (Marina Bay)
05 Oct - Japanese Grand Prix (Suzuka)
19 Oct - Russian Grand Prix (Sochi)
26 Oct - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Yas Marina)
09 Nov - Mexican Grand Prix (Mexico City)
16 Nov - US Grand Prix (Circuit of the Americas)
30 Nov - Brazilian Grand Prix (Interlagos)

Last edited by Maky : 5th September 2013 at 18:20.
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 07:23   #399
BHPian

Alonso wants to extend Ferrari contract 😳 - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/09/0...mula+1+Blog%29
sa_kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 08:57   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrebellz View Post

Have a good time there.
Thanks a lot "dzrebellz". Really appreciate the depth of detail provided by you. I was all set for this October but now I've been given an onsite project, so that scuppered all my GP plans :-(.....! Am definitely hoping India makes a return in 2015 & I'll make sure I'm there then. Thanks a lot again for your inputs.

Last edited by bblost : 6th September 2013 at 09:17.
Akshay S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 11:00   #401
Senior - BHPian

the Kimi-Lotus situation is quite interesting, without the assured Renault collaboration he will not stay. There is a chance that he will leave F1 again!
Old 9th September 2013, 12:02   #402
BHPian

Some absolutely crazy rumours going around in the paddock.

People saying that Kimi to Ferrari is a done deal. But, this could be to replace either Massa or Alonso. Alonso could be going back to Renault, with Santander sponsorship and assured pay from Renault ! Massa may also be replaced, maybe by Hulkenberg!

Absolute silly season going on in the F1 circus, people saying that the announcement for Kimi is due next week!
nipcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 12:19   #403
BHPian

If the rumours are to be believed, deal was signed on Wednesday. Announcement expected anytime.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 9th September 2013 at 12:22.
SilentEngine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 12:29   #404
Senior - BHPian

Since Ferrari are unable to give Alonso a fast enough car. They might as select the fastest teammate so he can be kept a little busy. Kimi or Hulk pls.
Old 9th September 2013, 14:01   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Since Ferrari are unable to give Alonso a fast enough car.
With new engines (Turbo, ...) coming in next year a lot of parameters may change. I expect Ferrari to be there along with Renault, and ???
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote