Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 8th May 2013, 23:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: How Bijoy & BSM gave me room for a Schumi article in their Anniversary Issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I enjoyed reading the chain of mails just as much as the well written article!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Excellent article, and even better was the chain of emails which lead to the write-up
Guys, please don't let those emails steal the limelight. I spent quite a long time on that article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
That must have been one hell of a surprise when you got that email from Bijoy, an amazing opportunity that was!
I didn't expect Bijoy to reply, let alone give me space in his mag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I miss him in F1.
I miss him too. I was over the moon when news broke out that Michael will return to Ferrari after Felipe' accident in 2009. Too bad that neck injury didn't let it happen. I think if Michael hadn't returned with Merc, Ferrari would have named LaFerrari, Ferrari Schumi or something. Now, that would have been super awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Having personaly met Bijoy couple of times, he is a very humble person and has reacted in exactly the same way.
Lucky you! I can only look at that first email in shame now. What Bijoy did was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeash.vk View Post
One silly question though - Why did it take all these years for you to publish/reveal this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
I am surprised you took soo long to share it with us here.
Well! I was waiting for the Thanks button here in T-BHP.

I didn't share it earlier as the story wouldn't have been complete without the scanned images from the mag itself. So, waited. Then, things happened and I completely forgot about it. The news about BSM urged me to share the story and Rehaan suggested it will be okay to share the scan images from the mag. Like before, one thing led to another and I came up with this on the 1st of May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
This is really taking my memory back to the good old days
2007 didn't turn out to bad as mentioned in the article right? I still smile when I recall that trip we made to The Leela right after the race when Kimi clinched it at São Paulo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
And what professionalism on Bijoy's part. Hats off.
So True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
All thanks to his come back i got to see him in person and race in front of me as well at the 2011 Indian GP at Buddh International Circuit.
Lucky you! Let alone Michael, I yet to see one race in person. And I quite know its out of this world. I have watched Rossi at Leguna Seca! And TV cannot do justice at all, just cannot. I so badly want to go to Spa or Monza.

Last edited by deetjohn : 8th May 2013 at 23:30. Reason: Adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 08:15   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: How Bijoy & BSM gave me room for a Schumi article in their Anniversary Issue!

Whoa!! What an insight. Bijoy is large hearted and you more than justified your position in the article.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 00:57   #18

Deepak,

That was a great article and a superb gesture on Bijoy's part.I was an avid reader of BSM and am sad to hear that the familiar guys have moved on. However it is passion like this that kept BSM different from the others, I guess.

In the context of the BSM ownership changing hands,I had goosebumps reading this thread.Thanks again for sharing.
eastwind is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 15:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful article!! And nice sequence of events too.

Speaks a lot about Bijoy too - he always wrote from the heart
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 16:59   #20
BHPian

Guys sorry for sounding like out of the world. But I have never been F1 fan nor a avid reader of BSM, hence chances of knowing about Bijoy were also remote.

Your article is superb. It reflect your passion & knowledge about the sport. The story behind the article was quite amusing. Some thing like a cinderella story.
Thanks for sharing. Couldn't stop from saying -You write prettttty well
Wireless is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 11:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Never knew I was with a Motorsport journalist while in the last TeamBHP meet. You articulated well. Congrats Deepak, its no doubt an achievement in an IT guys life. You know why .

Now I know the real meaning of Petes on your car. So next time its goanna be a sneak peak inside the hood!
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 17:57   #22
BHPian

Hey Deepak,

Nice chain of mails and a very well written article. Like Jacs said, never knew that I was in company of an auto-journalist.

Never have been a great fan of Formula 1, but I rather enjoyed motogp's and Isle of man TT races more. But I loved this article. Keep it up man.

Cheers
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote