Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 28th July 2013, 19:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
What an absolutely fantastic race!!

Beautiful drive from Hamilton, Kimi and Vettel.

I would think Vettel would have won the race 8f he was not stuck behind Button for 12 laps. But it was brilliant defending from Button. I think I am going to call him Troll Button from now .

The amount of different strategies was also very refreshing and very nice to see.

All in all, an exciting race, and hopefully the following races are just as good.
Well getting stuck and being able to overtake makes the difference. Hamiltons overtake on Webber from outside was awesome but Vettel couldn't overtake Raikonen for 10 laps.
tazmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 19:55   #17
BHPian

Default Re: 2013 F1 - MAGYAR NAGYD═J @ Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Have Ferrari and Alonso given up the Championship hopes ?
Vettel is just getting stronger with the points lead, man I hate it
Great driving by Lewis and Kimi out there..

-Bhargav
After this race:

__Championship Standings__
1 Sebastian Vettel 172
2 Kimi Raikkonen 134
3 Fernando Alonso 133
4 Lewis Hamilton 124

This is only half the season, all it takes is two races for SV to screw up, or for a person like Grosjean to slam into Vettel or for Vettel to have a hydraulic problem, engine problem, gearbox problem, disastrous pit stop, tire burst...etc.

In theory, the championship is still very much alive for the top four, but realistically Kimi Raikkonen won't last long, and I suspect the championship will be fought till Brazil this year among Hamilton, Vettel, and Alonso.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 20:21   #18
BHPian

Pleased with the results. This race was immensely entertaining as far as on track action goes!.
The big gap to Vettel still exists in the WDC. I don't think He has any 'real' competition as far as cars are concerned in my opinion, Lotus only competitive because of tyre effect and not outright performance, Mercedes is close but not as fast as RB. Today the only reason Vettel wasn't any threat is thanks to the button wall early on which helped kill his tyres.

I do look forward to the second half of the season. Keep in mind people Vettel was down the gutter at this point in the 2012 season but then steamed through a better car and performance in the second half so anything can happen.

Hail Hamilton!
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 21:42   #19
BHPian

While it is summer break for F1, ponder over this.

Name:  image1613773996.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  83.8 KB
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 22:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
While it is summer break for F1, ponder over this.

Attachment 1117890
I think he's just trying to be clever ; ). Gotta love mind games and the politics of F1.

But for discussions sake Let's give this some thought.
It's Highly unlikely Alonso would like to pair up with Vettel. He found it unbearable at McLaren to team up with an equally skilled team mate and later when he was denied No.#1 Team mate position as a result, Why would he go to RBR where the team is clearly Vettels who has won them multiple championships.
Old 28th July 2013, 23:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
In theory, the championship is still very much alive for the top four, but realistically Kimi Raikkonen won't last long, and I suspect the championship will be fought till Brazil this year among Hamilton, Vettel, and Alonso.
That's quite soothing to read. Hope it happens the same way like the last season, keeping us on toes right till the last lap!!

As Maky has said, we can only expect that this time around Alonso climbs up the points ladder like Vettel did in 2012 and wins the WDC followed by Lewis! Won't get happier than that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I don't think He has any 'real' competition as far as cars are concerned
I second you Maky Sir. None of the car seems to be at a level which can give the RBR's a tough time or are better than them.
Its like, one spot on the podium is always reserved for an RBR.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 23:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great race. After all that drama of being 8 tenths slower than Red Bull in the race, Merc have shown how strong they are. Ferrari are now only the 4th fastest team. Monza & Spa will suit them but not the others, making it a title race between Lewis and Vettel. This should be a cracker as they very evenly matched, with Merc being slightly quicker at Quali and Red Bull having a chance to pull it back in the races.

Personally, I would like to see Vettel displaced, even if it is by a team who gained a huge unfair advantage with illegal testing. Cant believe he started his whining when he couldnt get past Kimi and wanted it reported to the FIA!

Last edited by Hatari : 28th July 2013 at 23:27.
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 00:10   #23
BHPian

James allen reporting that Alonso being investigated for using his DRS 3 times while clearly being more than a second behind the car in front of him.

In sheer desperation did he throw away some valuable points here.
jraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 00:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
James allen reporting that Alonso being investigated for using his DRS 3 times while clearly being more than a second behind the car in front of him.

https://twitter.com/ESPNF1/status/361536558395961347

Being in Ferrari has it's benefits. I wonder how different the penalty would be had it been RBR, Merc or.......any driver from rest of the grid ; )
Old 29th July 2013, 02:03   #25
BHPian

Cool, so forgetting to set the DRS from pre race mode to race mode is very cheap -15k pounds is not even a rap on the knuckles
jraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 06:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post

Quote:

Being in Ferrari has it's benefits. I wonder how different the penalty would be had it been RBR, Merc or.......any driver from rest of the grid ; )
Once the team realised, they took corrective measures which also resulted in a delay in activating it. But the crime.. A gain of 1 second over an entire race distance.
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 10:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Once the team realised, they took corrective measures which also resulted in a delay in activating it. But the crime.. A gain of 1 second over an entire race distance.
Sorry I don't understand, in bold.
Perhaps you could elaborate as I thought it was simply intentional.
Old 29th July 2013, 11:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Interesting race & very interesting if you consider that it was Hungaroring. Some fine battles. That Lotus is goood on it's tires. 30+ lap stint by Kimi though he was literally running on fumes.

I couldn't understand Grosjean's penalty. I think it was pretty harsh.

Quote:

Do you forget how easy Merc got away with illegal testing? I am sure Brawn & Todt haven't forgotten each other.
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 15:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Not so boring for a Hungarian GP, fantastic drive from Lewis and he really showed his class all through the race. Great drive Mr.Roscoe!

Did we also witness a new born whiner from the German land who wanted Rocky to cry to Charlie that Kimi is not letting him pass?

So much for a 4-time world champion, the way he was struggling to pass Button & Kimi who were on a weaker strategy at the race was a feast to watch.

I think there is no chance for Ferrari to fight for anything this year, the car is way too slow to fight for a podium, let alone championships!
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 15:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Quote:
Sorry I don't understand, in bold.
Perhaps you could elaborate as I thought it was simply intentional.
I believe, that once they found out about it, they told Alonso not to use it unless told to do so.

So, they would have to radio Alonso every time they were in the DRS activation zone and within 1 sec of car ahead, which would take a couple of seconds I guess, which is the delay.

Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Did we also witness a new born whiner from the German land who wanted Rocky to cry to Charlie that Kimi is not letting him pass?

So much for a 4-time world champion, the way he was struggling to pass Button & Kimi who were on a weaker strategy at the race was a feast to watch.
I think you mean 3-time world champion

Last edited by nipcarlover : 29th July 2013 at 15:45. Reason: Added quote.
nipcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote