Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 8th September 2013, 19:19   #1
BHPian

Default Bahrain Grand Prix to switch to night Formula 1 race in 2014

The Bahrain Grand Prix is to switch to a night race next year, with the circuit set to confirm the news in the next few days.

Link: Bahrain Grand Prix to switch to night Formula 1 race in 2014

Quote:
The Bahrain Grand Prix is to switch to a night race next year, with the circuit set to confirm the news in the next few days.

AUTOSPORT revealed earlier this year that the Sakhir venue was considering a Formula 1 night race to celebrate the event's 10th anniversary.

It appears that those plans have moved forward with circuit chairman Zayed Al Zayani revealing at Monza that an announcement is imminent.

There had been some suggestions that Bahrain could become the 2014 season opener, but Zayani asked Bernie Ecclestone to move the race back in the schedule so it could work on the upgrades needed for the night race.

Bahrain hopes to finish the lighting project at the end of February, and a provisional date handed to it originally of March 2 was deemed too close for it to get everything ready.
nipcarlover is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 00:51   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Bahrain Grand Prix to switch to night Formula 1 race in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post

Link: Bahrain Grand Prix to switch to night Formula 1 race in 2014
Considering the current political and economic situation in Bahrain, I doubt they are even capable of hosting the grand prix. Anyway good to know that they have started the track refurbishment. Hope to attend some good events during my december trip
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 11:11   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Bahrain Grand Prix to switch to night Formula 1 race in 2014

So now It will be boring during the night instead.
I really hope they dump these middle eastern tracks. They are complete garbage.
They are poor but perhaps I'm just being bitter & biased. I'm still upset we have the magnificent Indian Grand Prix cut off the '14 Calender but we have to endure tracks like this.
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote