Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 11th December 2013, 09:43   #1
BHPian

Default Hyundai's i20-based WRC Contender

Hyundai i20 WRC is based on the production model of the Hyundai i20.
Equipped with a new rear wing and front spoiler to improve cooling and give the i20 WRC a new external appearance. Under the bodywork, improvements have also been made to the suspension kinematics and chassis stiffness.
More details here
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai's i20-based WRC Contender-section1_bg.jpg  

rshanker is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 14:14   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai's i20-based WRC Contender

Wonder what is attracting Hyundai to WRC when most of the usual suspects are bailing out. Nevertheless, it would be very nice if this makes it to India as a street car . Hyundai certainly has the deep pockets to make it happen.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 14:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

Some related & interesting news:

Quote:
Hyundai to debut Performance Wing with next-gen i20

The high performance version of the i20 will mark the arrival of Hyundai's new performance car division, the rival to the likes of Nissan's NISMO and Toyota's TRD high performance car divisions. The next-gen i20 is undergoing tests across the globe and is likely to be launched in India and across the globe next year.

The high performance car to be based on the next-gen i20 is touted to debut in 2015. The modified version of the car that will be aimed at performance hatchback enthusiasts will also form the basis for Hyundai's 2015 WRC entry. Apart from the high performance version of the next-gen i20 hatchback, Hyundai is likely to treat more cars from its line up with... ... ...
Link (Hyundai to debut Performance Wing with next-gen i20)

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 01:01   #4
BHPian

The more that I see of this car (picture taken from WRC website), the more I fall in love with it.
Hyundai's i20-based WRC Contender-1664_montecarlohyundaineuville2014_22_896x504.jpg
Over the past few years have turned from a Hyundai hater to someone who secretly admire the way these cars look.

Only fly in the otherwise drool inspiring car, being those rectangular wing mirrors, looks as an after thought, especially compared to the other WRC cars.
Powersteer is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 11:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersteer View Post
The more that I see of this car (picture taken from WRC website), the more I fall in love with it. Over the past few years have turned from a Hyundai hater to someone who secretly admire the way these cars look. Only fly in the otherwise drool inspiring car, being those rectangular wing mirrors, looks as an after thought, especially compared to the other WRC cars.
Yes those horrid rectangular outside mirrors are reminiscent of the early eighties cheap design that used to be used on the Maruti Gypsy for example.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 14:30   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here's a video of the i20 WRC:

GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2015, 18:24   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai has launched a virtual reality smartphone application - VR+. The application has been developed to provide driving experiences for fans by regularly updating World Rally Championship (WRC) races held in 13 countries each year.

VR+ is free-to-download and available on Apple App store or Google Play. Features include a Virtual Reality (VR+) or 360-degree panoramic view play function from the co-driver seat of the Hyundai Shell World Rally Team driver. Hyundai claims that the application can be best enjoyed using a Google cardboard or any commercial VR dive device in the market. Users can also get access to the Hyundai Motorsport website and remain up-to-date with the latest developments, news and YouTube videos from the Hyundai Motorsport team as they embark on a second season in WRC.

Hyundai's i20-based WRC Contender-vr.jpg

Key Functions of i20 WRC application VR+:
- VR(Cardboard) functionality
- 360 degrees panoramic view
- Hyundai Motorsport images
- 3D games
- Facebook integration within game

Hyundai's i20-based WRC Contender-vr-i.jpg

The i20 WRC application VR+ supports 5 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Korean

Last edited by Aditya : 6th July 2015 at 18:28.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote