Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 25th June 2006, 09:00   #1
BHPian

Default Assen - What A Race!

What A Race!!!What A Race!!!

Assen this year saw Nicky Hayden win his 1st GP outside Laguna Seca, with race leader, Colin Edwards, leading right till the end, crashed out 200 yards before the chequered flag and ruined his chances of winning his 1st ever MOTO GP race. (this ain't even bad luck, it's called cruel luck).

Hayden made his way to to second place behind Edwards after working his way up through the pack. Nobody thought Edwards would last the distance since he was on a soft front/rear set-up, but he did. The last lap saw the two Americans swapping the lead twice, and they both finally went off-road. Hayden stayed on his bike (probably thanks to his AMA Motocross days), but Edwards fell off 200 yards off the start-finish line, and finally ended in 13th place.

John Hopkins was on pole for the 1st time ever, but ended up way behind in the race. 2nd on the podium was a surprise Shinya Nakano, while Pedrosa took 3rd, a precious few milliseconds in front of Stoner, who was really disappointed.

Rossi made his way though the pack with a broken right wrist even after running wide and starting 18th. HE finished an awesome 8th, and managed to earn precious championship points, while Marco Melandri finished an indeed credible 7th, after last weeks's horrific accident when he was dragged a good few hundred mts with Pedrosa's bike.

The 250s saw Jorge Lorenzo beat the pack of Alex DeAngelis and Andrea Dovisioso by a huge 8+ seconds. Though Dovisioso heads the championship table, after finishing on the podium in all races this season, Lorenzo now is closing in on him.

Heard Mika Kallio won the 125cc race, but I missed it.

The next race is at Donington Park, where Rossi walked on water last year. Hopefully, he, Capirossi and Melandri will be in full force to make the race a lot more interesting. I canst say it anymore, but still GO ROSSI GO!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by turbo_v12 : 25th June 2006 at 09:04.
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 13:05   #2
F50
Senior - BHPian

Yea i saw both 125s and Moto Gp. Whats up with these Bike Races nobody is a winner untill the line is crossed.
Saw the 125 cc there again the winner was supposed to be somebody but won somebody else. Bautista was almost gonna win and he finished 3rd and Kallio won came 1st where he was 2nd or 3rd.

And for Texas Tornado, i really wanted him to win but ... he was sooo near yet sooo far. He closed in very nicely on the last lap on Nicky but...
Hope he wins next time around and i think next circuit is also very familiar to him i think its Donnington Park.
Will be great to see Rossi vs Edwards vs Hayden vs Capirossi vs Gibernau

BTW wheres Gibernau??
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 13:09   #3
BHPian

Gibernau is still in hospital...

He was quoted saying he doesn't even watch the accident on TV...
He just has been having 2 horrid seasons.
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 13:18   #4
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
Gibernau is still in hospital...

He was quoted saying he doesn't even watch the accident on TV...
He just has been having 2 horrid seasons.

I dono about the accident what was it about .... if i join few things then Pedrosa and few others also involved in same accident?
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 14:05   #5
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Unhappy

Assen was a real dissapointment for a Ducati fan like me. Hope they can pick up the pace.
ranjan united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 21:17   #6
BHPian

"texas tornado" better luck next time.............
devsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 00:08   #7
BHPian

rossi after that crash and starting somewhere 16 or 18 (unsure) was still gr8 to complete at 8. boy he has the guts to do all that stuff at those speeds with a recovering hand. he did go haywire on one occassion and I was gosh dont fall or ur jacked now but the dude managed somehow. man those turns are really heavy on an injured wrist.

full marks to his fighting spirit.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote