Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2006, 14:17   #1
BHPian
 
ranjan united's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Posts: 409
Thanked: 2 Times
Exclamation Midland F1 in talks for buy-out... by Dutch company.

Dutch enterpreneur and F1 fanatic Michiel Moi has been pumping cash into F1 via his 'Lost Boys' brand for quite some time [remember Orange Arrows and Minardi]. Already one-on-one talks are on with Alex Schnaider for a 2007 takeover. Bernie Ecclestone has given it the green flag, as long as its only a simple takeover (like Midland's takeover of Jordan Racing - pure monetory buyout).
LB Icon group -> Dutch Telecoms and IT firm (they even run & maintain formula1.com - the official site)
Teams name -> Orange F1
Midland Team Boss Colin Kolles and driver Cristijan Albers are expected to be retained. 3 Dutch companies have already contacted Moi and Ecclestone regarding sponsorship.

It can easily go sour with Schnaider turning down the offer, which personally I think is a 85% probability. But with F1, its gnerally the other, insensible 15% which is the obvious choice, isn't it?

Last edited by ranjan united : 12th July 2006 at 14:25.
ranjan united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 07:14   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 960
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I think Super Aguri is in need of a bigger sponsor and a better car this season. Those guys need to be more competitive.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2006, 20:19   #3
BHPian
 
ranjan united's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Posts: 409
Thanked: 2 Times
Exclamation Spyker In...

Spyker have confirmed that they have joined Michael Mol in talks to take over Midland.
http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/5911566
ranjan united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2006, 17:26   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 960
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Shomeone's gonna shmoke shome shmog and drive an F1 car. Christian Albers' seat is guaranteed next season. Check out Spyker's history here
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17363.html
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2006, 19:36   #5
BHPian
 
ranjan united's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Posts: 409
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Its done!!! Midland has been sold to a Dutch-Arab collaboration overnight before qualifying. Will post some confirmation links soon.
ranjan united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2006, 21:35   #6
BHPian
 
ranjan united's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Posts: 409
Thanked: 2 Times
Exclamation Spyker MF1

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17426.html - The Sellout

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17430.html - Spyker MF1

Seems the new team will be called Spyker MF1.
Awesome!!! Finally, perhaps, the crazy six-tyred Tyrell will make a re-entry into F1 !!!

Last edited by ranjan united : 9th September 2006 at 21:36.
ranjan united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 17:26   #7
BHPian
 
ranjan united's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Posts: 409
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Syker MF1 has secured two new sponsors for the 2007 seaon: Zecco.com and Eccky.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/5972160

P.S.> am in the only one interested in a F1 team being bought out and the formation of a new F1 team ???
ranjan united is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dutch-based PAL-V company gets patent in India for a flying car RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 15 19th February 2017 11:31
NH-17 Company Owned Company Operated Petrol Pumps (COCO PPs) Venkat Street Experiences 15 20th March 2016 21:33
Hyundai to exit its 'Company Owned & Company Operated' Showroom in New Delhi mints21 Indian Car Dealerships 5 19th May 2015 19:22
New Motion (Dutch company) to invest in India; set up car charging stations Aditya The Indian Car Scene 10 8th April 2015 15:33
Mr talkie talk talk The Sorcerer Introduce yourself 5 28th September 2008 20:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks