Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 27th August 2014, 08:41   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Hamlton had to yield or Rosberg had to yield. Does the driver ahead get the benefit-of-being-ahead ? Anyone can just stick their nose and wait for the driver in front to yield or crash. I think thats what happened. Hamilton should have done a little bit more to avoid getting hit. And Rosberg had the bigger task, he just thought what the heck , im not backing off !
Hamilton is one of the best drivers on the grid today, while Nico is not.
All I can say is he will not get his nose alongside for times enough to win the championship this way, and neither will Hamilton have continued wrong place, wrong time moments.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 09:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 2014 Belgian GP - Circuit of Spa Francorchamps - Race Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hamilton is one of the best drivers on the grid today, while Nico is not.
All I can say is he will not get his nose alongside for times enough to win the championship this way, and neither will Hamilton have continued wrong place, wrong time moments.
While I too rate Hamilton better than Nico, Hamilton too has quite a large number of similar incidents on his resume. I think 2011 was full of such incidents. Infact that is what makes me quite sure that had the places been reversed, there's a good chance Hami would have done the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
*Policy change: FIA to back off on collision investigations to make drivers more willing to battle hard

All I can say is that Nico is very lucky. Let's see if it lasts the entire season.
I think this policy was applied from 3-4 races ago, not Spa. I remember reading about it in June/July.
So I guess, stewards didn't think blame lay only on Rosberg.
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 17:22   #48
BHPian

I believe that Magnussen was penalised post race for his pushing wide antics, not that I found anything wrong with it. Loved the race despite being a MASSIVE Hamster fan. In general, the race was good. Fingers crossed for the season to end in the way I want it to.

Anosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Hamilton playing the victim card again? I say yes.

I thought the incident was a racing incident. Rosberg had half a car alongside Hamilton and was probably trying to go outside him. Lewis knew he was there and my initial thoughts were that he didn't give Nico enough space. But everyone thought otherwise. Why was this incident not investigated? Does the team need to appeal for an investigation?

Nico didn't do it on purpose. The point he was probably trying to make is that Hamilton should not get into the habit of cutting him off (Bahrain 14) or push him off the track (Hungary 14).

And why is it legal to push drivers off the track the way Mag pushed off Jenson yesterday (and Hami to Ros in Hungary)? Both of them were pretty much alongside the defending drivers when they were pushed off.

I think Merc is very soon going to decide the race victor by Sat performance. With Ric jumping on every chance Merc loses, they might be nervous about losing the WDC.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th August 2014 at 11:03.
anoshdhondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 13:08   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Niki Lauda, a three-time F1 world champion and non-executive chairman for Mercedes, was also critical of Rosberg.

"It is unacceptable for me that, in the second lap, Nico hits Lewis," said the Austrian, who said there would be a team meeting later on Sunday to discuss the incident.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28920554

Lewis was the leading driver who was on the racing line, you cant put your nose at every gap and expect the leading driver to move over. I was surprised that the stewards didnt review this incident, Rosberg gained an advantage my cutting off his direct championship contender more than his teammate for FIA to be interested.

Every time Rosberg gets mixed with the pack, he is proving that he is just an average driver in a phenomenally fast car and as equally dirty on the track.

I would enjoy watching both the Mercs take out each other and let the smiling australian have a go at the championship. Both Lewis & Rosberg dont deserve it!

Rosberg was so full of himself and could not digest the fact that Lewis blasted past him in the start. Sulking he cut across in the part of the track that did not offer enough space and clipped poor Lewis. He could have taken Lewis in the next straight with DRS if he was that close. The fact is , Nico can be quite crazy at times, last year he got Alonso (if I remember right) off the track once. Nico does get that streak in him which will be unbecoming of him, if god forbid he becomes the champion. oh no
polopm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 13:28   #50
BHPian

^^ Nico's current state of mind is quite similiar to that of lewis back in 2007-08, immature and not respecting other drivers while racing. Lewis has matured in these past 4-5 years.
Nico has to act like an adult & take responsibily for his actions. I guess this is what a powerful and dominating car does to you.
TB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 16:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

^^ And he probably knows that this is his only chance to get closer to winning championship. Hence the desperation to even punt Lewis off from the race, but I have to agree that he is doing it brilliantly.

Why is Keke being silent about this, I hope he repeats the same words that he said about Michael in Monaco'06?
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 05:36   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^ And he probably knows that this is his only chance to get closer to winning championship. Hence the desperation to even punt Lewis off from the race, but I have to agree that he is doing it brilliantly.

Why is Keke being silent about this, I hope he repeats the same words that he said about Michael in Monaco'06?
This was his actual quote :

He should resign from the Grand Prix Drivers Association and never mention the word safety again. It he was a real man he would have parked the car in the middle of the road and walked away. We would have thought much better of him. It was the worst thing I have seen in Formula One. I thought he had grown up. He is a cheap cheat. He should leave F 1 to honest people

Source : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/233...er-cheats.html
gatham.psb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 08:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatham.psb View Post
This was his actual quote :

He should resign from the Grand Prix Drivers Association and never mention the word safety again. It he was a real man he would have parked the car in the middle of the road and walked away. We would have thought much better of him. It was the worst thing I have seen in Formula One. I thought he had grown up. He is a cheap cheat. He should leave F 1 to honest people

Source : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/233...er-cheats.html
The quote is perfectly suited for Nico's antics this year at Monaco. If someone had Keke's audio of this, they should have broadcasted it on air.
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 13:33   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
The quote is perfectly suited for Nico's antics this year at Monaco. If someone had Keke's audio of this, they should have broadcasted it on air.
The same article mentions Lewis -
"Lewis Hamilton, the 21-year-old Hertfordshire racer tipped to take his place in the McLaren team next year if Raikkonen moves to Ferrari, drove brilliantly again to win the GP2 race."

Lewis was immature when he came into F1. Nico has been there for the same amount of time or probably more and is still raw. How I wish it was Alonso instead of Lewis who was at the receiving end and we would have had Spanish temper !! Come on Alonso drive faster and go near Nico or get him near you.
polopm is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 00:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...ined-for-crash
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote