Nico Rosberg 21 26.58%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12th November 2014, 16:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Who's it gonna be: Hamilton or Rosberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
News that Alonso has inked the deal with Mclaren is out! Hopefully we will see Jenson next year! I will miss him if he isn't around given that the Honda Engine is going to be right up there with Mercedes! Alonso needs a strong competitor like Jenson to show his class but this is off topic
Just to clarify. Honda are with Renault and Ferrari on the engine rule change. Once they officially enter the circus in 2015, the trio intend to use the 'majority rule' and entirely open the rules for 2016 if Mercedes dont re-consider unfreezing the engines for 2015. Mercedes will have to sit shut then. Also, minor talks of the V8 coming back.

I wouldnt think Hamilton has any pressure. He has won it once and even in Brazil he didnt look rattled at all. Whereas Rosberg was locking up everywhere. Dont let Hamilton's spin fool all of you. It was mainly due to the wrong brake bias setting. Look at the recovery even after that.

Only a car failure can stop Lewis winning it in Abu Dhabi. Rightfully so, he deserves to win a few more and be on par with Vettel, Alonso. He is probably the quickest amongst all three.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 18:00   #32
BHPian

I want Rosberg to win, partly because he has been in the wrong car for too many years & partly because I really dislike Lewis

Lewis seems arrogant, rash & also seems to lack humility. He didn't help himself by winning the 2008 title in what I would consider, were controversial circumstances to say the least. Being a Ferrari fan, that always left me with a bitter taste.

Also, the Starsports commentary team is so unbelievably biased in favor of lewis, it will certainly agitate a neutral spectator. I really hope they do something about it. They're british & they like him, but they are too obvious about whom they want to succeed. Annoying.

I guess 10 victories may warrant lewis to be the worthy champion, but considering how unfair everything in the F1 world is, I really hope the logic continues with Rosberg winning the title & lewis stalling his engine in the pits or some such safe breakdown.
Old 12th November 2014, 18:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post

I wouldnt think Hamilton has any pressure. He has won it once and even in Brazil he didnt look rattled at all. Whereas Rosberg was locking up everywhere. Dont let Hamilton's spin fool all of you. It was mainly due to the wrong brake bias setting. Look at the recovery even after that.

Only a car failure can stop Lewis winning it in Abu Dhabi. Rightfully so, he deserves to win a few more and be on par with Vettel, Alonso. He is probably the quickest amongst all three.
Son, I think you need to read my comment carefully before you make an assumption and jump the gun. I am neither related to Lewis or Nico or for that matter anyone around and it really doesn't make a difference to me who wins and at my age one looks at things more maturely.. So read and comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamendangered View Post

Also, the Starsports commentary team is so unbelievably biased in favor of lewis, it will certainly agitate a neutral spectator. I really hope they do something about it. They're british & they like him, but they are too obvious about whom they want to succeed. Annoying.

I guess 10 victories may warrant Lewis to be the worthy champion, but considering how unfair everything in the F1 world is, I really hope the logic continues with Rosberg winning the title & lewis stalling his engine in the pits or some such safe breakdown.
I agree the bias is there and that's there because they are British.. They also if you read favour Jenson.. let's all hope for a cracker of race and let the best man win!
Old 12th November 2014, 20:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

I never liked Hamilton, right from his first season in F1. I personally want Nico to win.

But you got to admit, if not for the double points there is no discussion at all. ROS is a good 17 points adrift, so under points rules of last season HAM should have finished 7th or lower and ROS win to crown ROS as Drivers' champion, which either of the Mercedes drivers would be able to achieve even if they were to start from pit lane considering the pace advantage they have this season. Infact he deserves to win this season much more than 2008 where it was a closely fought battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamendangered View Post
Also, the Starsports commentary team is so unbelievably biased in favor of lewis
Star Sports (especially Steve Slater) is very Brit biased. Same happened with Button when Brawn GP's 1st season. Have seen Vettel get good support too when RBR were on the top of their game. Sky Sports is no better in terms of Brit bias in commentary. So the best thing is to mute the TV and follow the timing applet
Old 12th November 2014, 20:23   #35
BHPian

I am all in favor for Lewis Hamilton .. Rest we will see in Dubai how the unlimited factors play and we see the outcome .
One probability could be both Lewis and nico crash into each other resulting them into being out of race 😊
Old 13th November 2014, 10:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Son, I think you need to read my comment carefully before you make an assumption and jump the gun. I am neither related to Lewis or Nico or for that matter anyone around and it really doesn't make a difference to me who wins and at my age one looks at things more maturely.. So read and comment!
Sir I dont know why you are so defensive. You were quoted only on the Honda engines being equal to Mercedes engines comment. Rest of it is a plain post and a opinion. Didnt mean to wind you up or make an assumption on your age group. Please read my post again!
Old 13th November 2014, 16:13   #37
BHPian

Not sure why all this Ham-Hate is about? I understand there could be Nico fans, but "I hate Lewis right from the start" for no apparent reason whatsoever? I thought our forum was above this kind of petty nonsense!! lets be objective here guys!!
Personally, ive been rooting for Lewis right from his GP2 days, and ofcourse, wish he grabs the title, and the previous 5 races (Before Brazil) Lewis showed immense confidence and composure, throughout all the race, and didnt make any mistakes.
but credits due where credits worth, Nico did a stellar job in Brazil, and was oozing confidence. Played all his cards right, and in the end, it was Lewis who faltered and let Nico take the race from him. its going to be interesting in "Abu Double".

imo, the only person who deserves the title is who wins it.

Cheers and good wishes
bivin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 23:20   #38
BHPian

One common factor that i have seen in all the recent races is that somehow the fuel consumption in Rosberg's car is always higher than Hamilton's, regardless of the fact whether he is winning the GP or finishing in any other position, with Hamilton chasing him or simply cruising along . Has Mercedes given him a BHP advantage to compensate for the fact that Hamilton's overall pace is significantly higher. There has been a conspiracy theory going all season how the German top management of the team is favoring Rosberg on the sly ( yes, I know that the team is actually British and based in England).

Want some more - Check the pit stop times - throughout the season Rosberg's stops are at least half a second faster and he had just one DNF till date.
Old 17th November 2014, 10:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
Want some more - Check the pit stop times - throughout the season Rosberg's stops are at least half a second faster and he had just one DNF till date.
Hamilton's pitstops were all faster than Rosberg's in the last grand prix.

Also pitstops are massively influenced by the drivers too. If they don't park it in the right spot, they are going to be delayed.

Mercedes have been punctual with their stops unlike a team in red with issues with the front jack for many GPs now.

Also different drivers have different style of driving. And it will influence the way the engine sips fuel. Ham won 5 races in a row. Where were these conspiracy theories then?

This is desperation from the British media who seem to pull all stops to show Ham in a good light over Ros. If Ham was such a fast racer compared to Ros, we wouldn't have the title fight proceeding to the last race of the season.

Incidentally Ros also won the Pole position trophy last week debunking the Ham fastest outright theory.

Both are good racers with an unbeatable machine and it stops at that. Hope next year the other manufacturers up their game and take the fight to the Mercs.

Williams will be happy to chug along with their points and will never challenge Mercs for long I can see. Disgusting to the say the least.
SchumiFan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 14:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
we wouldn't have the title fight proceeding to the last race of the season.
Actually we don't! if not for the stupid double points rule for the last race.
Old 17th November 2014, 18:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Actually we don't! if not for the stupid double points rule for the last race.
Wrong. Difference is now 17 points. Ham will still have to finish 7th or better if Ros wins the race according to old rules.

But since double points are there, Ham has to finish second if Ros wins the race. Else he loses.

The equation may have changed. But the task more or less remains the same. Finish ahead of Ros and finish just behind Ros.

With the advantage that Mercs have, it should not be a difficult ask.
SchumiFan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 14:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Wrong. Difference is now 17 points. Ham will still have to finish 7th or better if Ros wins the race according to old rules.
Yes, I mentioned the same few posts back. But this season a Merc starting from pit lane or last row and ending up in top 5 is hardly surprising, is it

On the flip side of the double points system, Rosberg and Hamilton will go head to head to win this race rather than Hamilton doing 7th or better. Such an equation actually sucked in the final races of 2008 and 2012.
Old 22nd November 2014, 20:35   #43
BHPian

So in today's qualifying, Rosberg takes pole with Hamilton in second place to start the race. Unless Hamilton makes a mistake, there is no way he is loosing this championship. Second is good enough for him and I doubt anyone can challenge the Mercedes of Lewis for second place...
Old 22nd November 2014, 23:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

If he's not past by the time the first pit stops happen, and for some laps thereafter, i think Lewis will settle into keeping others behind, and following rosberg home.
Old 23rd November 2014, 00:04   #45
BHPian

The way I see it only a DNF will rob Hamilton of the title.

-The Mercs are quick enough on long run pace that Hamilton can easily hold on to Second place from the Williams, if he doesn't beat Rosberg on green lights.
-Even If Rosberg wins after double points Hamilton in Second place will still be the World Champion.

He needs to play it safe, race calmly & Pray for no car failure of any sort.
He will be the 2014 World Champion.
Closed Thread