Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread

Old 5th January 2015, 11:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The 2015 F1 Season, Calendar & Rule Changes

Hope Alonso doesnt feel suicidal if the Honda Horses arent up to the mark. Honda will get that freedom in 2016 and probably have a more accurate idea on how to upgrade their engine. Wont the Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault engines be frozen till 2018 once the specs are finalized before the end of 2015?
Old 7th January 2015, 10:08   #62
BHPian

A lot has been said about the latest cars not being fast enough for F1.

Here's an interesting read I found on the internet, older article but a must read for all F1 Fans regardless of which side of the fence you are on. It charts the history of F1 cars in absolute engine power:

Are the 2014 cars powerful enough for Formula One?

Last edited by Maky : 7th January 2015 at 10:21.
Old 7th January 2015, 23:47   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Honda will hold talks with the FIA next week to discuss engine homologation rules, although it is understood its chances of winning any concessions are very slim.

Sources point out that as a new manufacturer, Honda has benefited from being able to develop its new V6 turbo engine without restriction until the end of next month, while Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault have to keep much of the design that they submitted last February.
Source

I am very amused to think where this window of opportunity will take the Merc PU106A Hybrid. Very interesting!
Old 9th January 2015, 14:53   #64
Senior - BHPian

FIA's Virtual Safety Car (VSC) has been given the green light and will feature in races in the 2015 season:

Full Report:
Quote:
The procedure for Formula 1's new virtual safety car (VSC) system has been confirmed by the FIA, after the publication of its 2015 rules.

The virtual safety car came about in the wake of Jules Bianchi's Japanese Grand Prix crash, with the governing body believing that a new way was needed to slow cars down in the event of an incident.

Following successful trials of the concept during practice at the final three races last year, rules were agreed with teams.

These have now been formally added to F1's sporting regulations.

Article 41 of the rule books outlines how the VSC procedure will work - and makes it clear that it will normally be implemented when "double waved yellow flags are needed on any section of track and competitors or officials may be in danger, but the circumstances are not such as to warrant use of the safety car itself."

When the VSC is called out, the marshalling light panels around the track will display 'VSC'.

Drivers will not be allowed to enter the pits, unless it is for the purpose of changing tyres, and they will have to stay above a minimum time set by the FIA at least once in each marshalling sector

Any driver that does not respect the speed limit will be sanctioned by stewards.

When race control is happy that it is safe to resume racing, teams will be informed on the official message system that the VSC period is ending and then "at any time between 10 and 15 seconds later, 'VSC' on the FIA light panels will change to green and drivers may continue racing immediately. After 30 seconds the green lights will be extinguished."

Rules relating to standing starts after safety cars and double points have been removed from the 2015 rules, after it was agreed to ditch the concepts at the end of last year.
Source: Autosport.com
Old 11th January 2015, 19:10   #65
BHPian

I don't really see Button holding upto Alonso. Nor do I see Kimi holding upto Vettel mind you.
Old 11th January 2015, 21:11   #66
Senior - BHPian

Launch dates of 2015 cars.

January 21 - Force India (livery reveal only)
January 29 - McLaren (Web launch)
January 30 - Ferrari (Web launch)
Fullrevs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 07:08   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Test 1

Feb 1-4 - Jerez
Feb 19-22 - Barcelona
Feb 26-Mar 1 - Barcelona
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 10:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

Can't wait to see how this season goes. If there are at least 3 teams of comparable performance capable of fighting for the top spot, it would be an interesting season. Really hoping for Redbull, McLaren and Williams to be up there with Mercedes.
Old 12th January 2015, 19:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

I do expect Red Bull to be a lot closer. I think Williams will be in the mix but also expect teams like Mclaren, Ferrari to challenge them strongly.
Old 13th January 2015, 00:35   #70
Senior - BHPian

Really looking forward to the McLaren launch. Their first tweet is interesting.. is this the first hint of team livery - the colour blue? Movistar branding?
Attached Images

Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 00:16   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Really looking forward to the McLaren launch. Their first tweet is interesting.. is this the first hint of team livery - the colour blue? Movistar branding?
Quite an interesting image there. Will they shock everyone and come up with a raw carbon fiber weave livery? Would be outstanding!

Personally I would really love to see a McLaren with proper orange elements on it, mixed with black. I would even go with the iconic red and white of the late 80s. My guess is Honda would want to go with that.
Old 16th January 2015, 08:35   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

FIA could allow Honda to join 'unfreeze'. Source

If this goes through, it will be a big relief for the team. But I am not sure how others will take it.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 09:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

Why is there a #1 in that sticker? Its either Alonso's chassis or its the chassis they are producing before they start work on the B-Spec MP4-30

Quote:
Old 16th January 2015, 10:42   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbazm88 View Post
Quite an interesting image there. Will they shock everyone and come up with a raw carbon fiber weave livery? Would be outstanding!

Personally I would really love to see a McLaren with proper orange elements on it, mixed with black. I would even go with the iconic red and white of the late 80s. My guess is Honda would want to go with that.
Would love to see the red and white but that was due to Marlboro.
They could do orange if Movistar are not confirmed.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 14:15   #75

Quote:
Would love to see the red and white but that was due to Marlboro.
They could do orange if Movistar are not confirmed.
True! But Honda might adopt it just on the basis of the historical significance of the Marlboro livery.

In my opinion, a Movistar livery could look tacky on a McLaren if not done properly. Right now I'm just dreaming of an orange based livery.... Anyway Just a couple more weeks!
Closed Thread