Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 23rd January 2015, 03:01   #1
BHPian

Default Force India showcases 2015 F1 livery

Force India have revealed the new team livery which will adorn their cars during the 2015 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Force India showcases 2015 F1 livery-f12.jpg

The revised color scheme was unveiled by Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg at a special launch in Mexico City.
This looks stunning though disappointment that they didn't bring in the new VJM08 for the occasion.

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501228...ery-2015-nose/

Force India showcases 2015 F1 livery-f11.jpg

Force India showcases 2015 F1 livery-f13.jpg

Force India showcases 2015 F1 livery-f14.jpg

Force India showcases 2015 F1 livery-f15.jpg
sarathlal is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015, 06:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Force India showcases 2015 F1 livery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Force India have revealed the new team livery which will adorn their cars during the 2015 FIA Formula One World Championship.

The revised color scheme was unveiled by Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg at a special launch in Mexico City.
This looks stunning
Nice yes, but why call themselves Force india if they can't even include the tricolor on the sides?
phamilyman is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015, 16:43   #3
BHPian

thankfully the nose of the cars in 2015 doesn't look ugly anymore
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 12:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Nice yes, but why call themselves Force india if they can't even include the tricolor on the sides?
I think it could well be sign that FI are up for sale by the end of this year. Carlos Slim may be interested in picking up the team
MadiMaama is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 05:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
So according to your logic painting the flag on the side would make it "indian " ?

Let's be real Force India was never Indian to begin with. The owner was Indian, and so was the team according to the country the team registered from. At a practical and physical level, as far as team members to engineering goes, we all know it's as European as it gets.

As for the actual reason FI lost the tricolor its because the main sponsors have pockets that have huge holes in them as we all know.
It's only when Mallya's corporate problems started to show up we saw names and companies and things of Indian origin fall off one by one from the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMaama View Post
I think it could well be sign that FI are up for sale by the end of this year. Carlos Slim may be interested in picking up the team
Mallya always denied this. And I thought FI was doing OK if not horrible financially. If they go up for sale it's not a surprise but I highly doubt Carlos Slim may be the buyer. They have never invested in a money losing business, I guess this is the secret to his success . There were rumors he backed out from acquiring the Honda team for the same reason, as he or media claimed that he said owning an F1 team is commercially unviable (which is more or less a given fact).

Last edited by D33-PAC : 3rd February 2015 at 05:34.
D33-PAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 07:48   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
So according to your logic painting the flag on the side would make it "indian " ?

Let's be real Force India was never Indian to begin with. The owner was Indian, and so was the team according to the country the team registered from. At a practical and physical level, as far as team members to engineering goes, we all know it's as European as it gets.
Force India are registered with the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India. So, that makes the team technically Indian.

Article 112 of the International Sporting Code says every competitor or driver who has obtained their licence from the national sporting club takes the nationality of the club for the period of validity of that licence.

Or in other words if Force India wins a race, the Indian national anthem will be played.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 11:47   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Or in other words if Force India wins a race, the Indian national anthem will be played.
Really? I didnt know this. Why then, may I ask, the German National anthem is played when Vettel (German) wins with his Redbull (Milton Keynes, UK)? Or even if you go back in history, Jaguar (UK) or Stewart Racing (UK) - (thanks to wikipedia )
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 12:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Really? I didnt know this. Why then, may I ask, the German National anthem is played when Vettel (German) wins with his Redbull (Milton Keynes, UK)? Or even if you go back in history, Jaguar (UK) or Stewart Racing (UK) - (thanks to wikipedia )
Actually if you notice, they play the German national anthem (for vettel) and then the Austrian national anthem (for Red Bull). The Red Bull headquarters are located in Milton Keyes but the company is a Austrian company.

If Nico Rosberg wins in the Mercedes then they would play the German national anthem just once. Mercedes are located in Brackley which is in UK FYI but a German company.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 12:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
There are 2 national anthems played. The first one for the driver and the second one for the manufacturer.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 08:50   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The team had added a bit of green to the car and it looks good. Pic from the testing at Catalunya yesterday.

Force India showcases 2015 F1 livery-nicohulkenbergforceindia2015f1testingbarcelona51886x591.jpg

They also managed a whopping 77 laps with their brand new VJM08 which hadnít ever turned a wheel until shortly before lunchtime. Hope they can make the grid at Australia.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote