Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th August 2015, 00:43   #421
BHPian

Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Fantastic race! Was long missing the duel between these top 4.

Dani rode like his old self putting Vale under great pressure. Brilliant pass by Marquez on Lorenzo.

Marquez said a bit of strategy was involved; I'm wondering: was he referencing to his standing his bike up momentarily to force Lorenzo to a wider line?

Does anyone know what happened in Moto3? It was a crazy crazy mix up that the championship leader Kent was lapped. Congratulations to the new faces on the podium though.
Thirugnnanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 13:57   #422
Senior - BHPian

A masterstroke from the young champ!! What a treat

Never let Lorenzo out of his sight and hung around his rear wheel all the time. I dare say; he rode a lot like Rossi does - Keep dancing around the rider in front and make him commit an error. Also; mighty big of him to walk over to the number 3rd racer on the grid to shake hands. Wonder who the sore loser is now; eh Rossi fans?

This was a very different MM93 I saw. He wasnt on a cavalry charge; but instead chose the stealth & precision of a Ninja. To be honest; by lap 4 I was frantically waving and gesturing at the TV for Mark to make a move. And the man did not disappoint

Good ride from Rossi; but look who's back! Its Pedrosa. Glad to see him up and about. Getting on the podium just became that much more difficult for Rossi. He surely spent a lot of time fighting off Dani. Well; I am not complaining

Its silly; but I still have my hopes in place for Mark winning the championship for the 3rd time. Its very near impossible but if anyone can make miracles happen; its the ROOKIE!!

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 10th August 2015 at 13:58.
Urban_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 15:23   #423
BHPian

Great ride by the Top 4, superb fight by Rossi to get to his 10th podium this season and maintain his top position in the championship. Clearly means business and will definitely not let it go too easily for others to claw their way back in.

Really happy to see Pedrosa find form, but at the same time he understandably had a tough time holding on to 3rd when Rossi was on a major charge to get on the podium and gain as many points as possible.

Good to see Rossi's racing style benefiting Marquez, imitation is the best form of flattery. MM will need to finish at least 1 or 2 positions ahead of Rossi in every remaining race to bridge the points gap, and it looks very very tough indeed, his abilities to perform so-called miracles not withstanding. Always tough when you have to depend on the outcome of others as well, in this case he'll have to depend on Pedrosa to insert his Honda between him and Rossi as much as possible.

Last edited by Parth46 : 10th August 2015 at 15:27.
Parth46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 16:04   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
MM will need to finish at least 1 or 2 positions ahead of Rossi in every remaining race to bridge the points gap, and it looks very very tough indeed, his abilities to perform so-called miracles not withstanding.

Always tough when you have to depend on the outcome of others as well, in this case he'll have to depend on Pedrosa to insert his Honda between him and Rossi as much as possible.
Looks tough for MM? Hope you saw the last 5 races. Dominance is a word that comes to mind. Dani has raced brilliantly; hope he keeps up his form. But are you implying that in all the last 5 races; the outcome (viz. MM winning) was dependent on Dani putting up a fight .... thats it? In yesterday's race itself; when was Rossi able to equal the pace of either JL or MM?

Finishing ahead of Marc might actually be extremely tough now. Rossi fans by all means can push their fingers deep into their ears and go LA LA LA LA LA LA; but the big flourescent machine knows it himself. I distinctly remember one of the commentators say - "I have NEVER seen Rossi so happy to have come 3rd" post the race in Germany (And presto - A quick google search corroborates the same: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/0...ish-3rd/180226)

Championship is still up for grabs. Rossi is close; but the fat lady is in no mood to sing just yet. And what happens to the points tally if Rossi were to crash in a race? Think about it

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 10th August 2015 at 16:07.
Old 10th August 2015, 16:50   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Looks tough for MM? Hope you saw the last 5 races. Dominance is a word that comes to mind. Dani has raced brilliantly; hope he keeps up his form. But are you implying that in all the last 5 races; the outcome (viz. MM winning) was dependent on Dani putting up a fight .... thats it? In yesterday's race itself; when was Rossi able to equal the pace of either JL or MM?

Finishing ahead of Marc might actually be extremely tough now. Rossi fans by all means can push their fingers deep into their ears and go LA LA LA LA LA LA; but the big flourescent machine knows it himself. I distinctly remember one of the commentators say - "I have NEVER seen Rossi so happy to have come 3rd" post the race in Germany (And presto - A quick google search corroborates the same: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/0...ish-3rd/180226)

Championship is still up for grabs. Rossi is close; but the fat lady is in no mood to sing just yet. And what happens to the points tally if Rossi were to crash in a race? Think about it
Dude, you're getting worked up needlessly and going LALALALA yourself cos MM has now just a minor WHIFF of catching up to the points leaders.

Not that I owe anyone any explanation but since you're distorting my post and reading what you want to hear, I'll say this - i never said MM has been winning cos of Dani's help, but he'll FOR SURE NEED Dani's help in the upcoming races to maintain a decent gap over Rossi if he wants to catch-up on points. Tough to understand?

You want to use google search? Here's what MM had to say after yesterday's race - that he'll try his best but it's looking very tough to be able to catch-up.

“For me the target is to win the races. Of course it's not in my hands the other podium results, like Jorge second and Valentino third,” Marquez said of his title chances. “But okay we were 65 [points behind], now we are 56. We are closer. Still we believe, but we must be honest. It will be really difficult.”

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/221...e-believe.html

With 8 races to go, and a 56 points gap, MM needs to gain atleast 7 points per race over Rossi to get EQUAL. It means a difference of atleast one or two positions in every race. He can beat Rossi and gain points, but who'll try to ensure that he is two positions clear of Rossi? So he has to depend on the outcome of where exactly others finish as well, right?

Domination might be what comes to your mind, DETERMINATION is what comes to mine when I see VR46 going all out to gain positions, and keep maintaining the points lead.

And he's been consistent enough to be on the podium in all races this season, and with MM already on two DNF's in 2015, me thinks it's him who might feel the heat going into the final rounds, not otherwise.

I'm happy that MM's fans are working themselves up about a possible comeback and fantasies about a mega return, it'll be all the more sweet when the castle collapses at the end of the season.

Cheers,
Parth

Last edited by Parth46 : 10th August 2015 at 16:58.
Parth46 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 16:53   #426
Senior - BHPian

A championship win for MM93 will definitely be difficult.

He is currently sitting 56 points behind Rossi and there is Lorenzo who is 47 points ahead of him as well. With 8 races remaining, MM93 will have to cut down on Rossi's lead by an average of 7 points and Lorenzo's lead by an average of 6 points. So if Rossi and Lorenzo end up being on the podium everytime henceforth, even if MM93 wins every race, he will not be able to catch up. His championship hopes are pinned on Rossi and Lorenzo crashing out of the race at least once in the next 8 races and he will need to win that race. Making up 31 points and 22 points in 7 race is far, far more plausible than 56 and 47 from 8 races. So the championship isn't dependent on Marquez alone, it also depends on VR46 or JL99 making mistakes. That by itself makes it difficult. Especially considering VR46 has not only not crashed in the last 10 races, but has made it to the podium every single time.

Whoever wins, it will be thoroughly deserved. Although, MM93 might rue the chances he missed out on picking up crucial points in the beginning of the season.

In my books, the chances of winning the championship in order of likelihood is as follows:

1) Rossi
2) Lorenzo
3) Marquez

Lorenzo jumping Rossi and winning the championship is very much possible. But Marquez, not so much.

PS: Rossi and Marquez fan.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 10th August 2015 at 16:55.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 18:38   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Dude, you're getting worked up needlessly and going LALALALA yourself cos MM has now just a minor WHIFF of catching up to the points leaders.

Not that I owe anyone any explanation but since you're distorting my post and reading what you want to hear, I'll say this - i never said MM has been winning cos of Dani's help, but he'll FOR SURE NEED Dani's help in the upcoming races to maintain a decent gap over Rossi if he wants to catch-up on points. Tough to understand?

You want to use google search? Here's what MM had to say after yesterday's race - that he'll try his best but it's looking very tough to be able to catch-up.

“For me the target is to win the races. Of course it's not in my hands the other podium results, like Jorge second and Valentino third,” Marquez said of his title chances. “But okay we were 65 [points behind], now we are 56. We are closer. Still we believe, but we must be honest. It will be really difficult.”

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/221...e-believe.html

With 8 races to go, and a 56 points gap, MM needs to gain atleast 7 points per race over Rossi to get EQUAL. It means a difference of atleast one or two positions in every race. He can beat Rossi and gain points, but who'll try to ensure that he is two positions clear of Rossi? So he has to depend on the outcome of where exactly others finish as well, right?

Domination might be what comes to your mind, DETERMINATION is what comes to mine when I see VR46 going all out to gain positions, and keep maintaining the points lead.

And he's been consistent enough to be on the podium in all races this season, and with MM already on two DNF's in 2015, me thinks it's him who might feel the heat going into the final rounds, not otherwise.

I'm happy that MM's fans are working themselves up about a possible comeback and fantasies about a mega return, it'll be all the more sweet when the castle collapses at the end of the season.

Cheers,
Parth
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!

Where's the love man? Nobody's getting worked up, so lets take a pill that makes us all chill.........

Before I say anything else; its important that I clarify something here. I did not; and do not intend to insinuate that Marc has a "clear title shot" or "its in the bag". On the contrary; I remember mentioning that it is right next to impossible for 93 to take the crown this year

A lot of things will have to happen for this incredible dream to become a reality. Some racers will need to perform really well and others poorly, People will need to crash, pigs will have to fly and blessings of the Pope might be in order as well

There is a teeniest of chances that Marc does the unthinkable.... and IF he does; it would be utterly SPECTACULAR. As an MM fan; you cant blame me for being a wee bit excited at this. Forget MM, what a moment in the history of sports ...... any sports ..... ever!

Coming to your point around Pedrosa; you are correct. I misconstrued that you meant Marc winning a race (not the title) depends on how well Dani rides (keeping the competition at bay). For the title, Pedrosa's performance is absolutely crucial

Finally; I love that Marc acknowledges that it will be difficult, not impossible; but difficult. I dont think he himself believes he is out of it just yet. Gotta love the attitude, a fighter till the very end

Gotta go! My castle wont build itself

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 10th August 2015 at 18:39.
Old 10th August 2015, 21:32   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Lorenzo jumping Rossi and winning the championship is very much possible.
In my opinion, Lorenzo's championship chances are pretty good.

At Indy, the hard compound rear tyre that Bridgestone brought didn't have the special edge treatment (for additional grip). This is the tyre that Jorge hates and he struggled with it at Assen and Sachsenring (won with it at Mugello though).

Bridgestone is bringing these tyres to only one more race..Philip Island! For all other tracks, the tyres will have the edge treatment. What this essentially means is that he is good to fight for 1st or 2nd places at most of the tracks. I guess the only tracks where he may struggle are Philip Island and Sepang.

At Indy, I was not expecting Lorenzo to last that long in front of Marquez. My guess was that Marc will overtake him in 4-5 laps and disappear into distance. To keep Marc at bay for so long was a very solid performance. He was pushing to the limit despite the fact that he crashed in the final warm up and his confidence had taken a beating.

However, for me the star of the day was Rossi. After struggling on Friday and qualifying 8th on Saturday, his performance on race day was awesome!

I just hope that Rossi & Lorenzo don't crash out fighting each other. If that happens, Marc will quickly come within a striking distance of the championship. In Motogp, anything can happen. Eight races are a long way to go!

Last edited by badri : 10th August 2015 at 21:52.
badri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 11:45   #429

This is turning to be a cracker of a season for motogp!
Looks like Rider's championship is going to go to wire!
Fantastic work by MM, JL and VR. It was a treat to watch these legends driving each other to wall. Just half a second separating pole position - wow!!!!
One of the best races in Indianapolis to say the least.
--9-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 21:46   #430
BHPian

Lorenzo and Marquez topped the Brno FP1 and FP2 respectively. Rossi is about half a second adrift of their times in both the sessions ending 6th and 4th. It may look ominous for Rossi but we all know that he can easily pull back half a second deficit on race day.

The biggest news is that last year's winner Dani Pedrosa has crashed and injured his heel. There is a possibility that he may not race for this weekend. He was just on an upward path after his arm pump injury and was expected to do well at this track.

The reason for the crash is a leaking fork seal resulting in fork oil spilling on brake discs and catching fire. This oil spill also resulted in Rossi's first crash of the year.

Pedrosa was understandably quite upset and used "not so politically correct" adjectives in the press briefing.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/221...-oil-fall.html

I don't know if it is bad luck or poor quality control at HRC. First Stoner crashes at Suzuka with a stuck throttle. Now, this..

Last edited by badri : 14th August 2015 at 22:01.
badri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2015, 18:42   #431
Senior - BHPian

Should be a cracker of a race tomorrow. Lorenzo on pole with MM93 in 2nd and VR46 on pole.

Let's see how MM93 can cope with the pressure of having to overtake Jorge while trying to keep The Doctor behind him. Will be a true acid test!
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 18:17   #432
Senior - BHPian

What a ride by Jorge. Marc had no answer to his searing pace.

Pedrosa and Dovi had a classy duel ss well.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 19:20   #433
Senior - BHPian

Very disappointing race, not just from a 46er POV.
Nothing happened throughout, except for the first two laps, and the last move by pedrosa.
Watched most of it in 4x mode.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 20:17   #434
BHPian

Not the most exciting race today, I expect a bit more action given the differing tyre choices between Lorenzo, Rossi and Marquez. This time even starting in first row, Rossi couldn't get past Marc and Jorge. He said the poor launch and Bradley Smith/Andrea getting ahead of him slowed him down, but he cleared them in first 5 laps to get to third, but was unable to close in on Lorenzo and Marquez, as he admitted in post race. Pedrosa's fight with Iannone was the only tussle. Good riding by injured Dani.

Equal points , 7 more races - this is getting interesting ! Rossi has #99 problems, as the meme goes !
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 22:42   #435
BHPian

That was a blistering performance by Lorenzo! He simply blew the competition away and sent a big warning to rivals. So dominant was his performance at Brno that David Emmett from motomatters.com used more adjectives than I can remember in the recent past.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...p_foiled_.html

Couple of interesting pointers from the review.

"When Jorge Lorenzo is riding like this – smooth, fluid, precise, controlled – he simply cannot be countered. Marc Márquez, Valentino Rossi, Dani Pedrosa can do nothing but stand idly by and try to limit the damage."

" So why was it not a visually entertaining spectacle? Lorenzo's victories are textbook demolitions of any and all rivals, leaving no room for doubt. His riding is breathtakingly perfect, the pace leaving his rivals first struggling for breath, then begging for mercy. Yet his demolition jobs more closely resemble a clinical and surgical dismemberment, rather than a blood-and-gore slasher movie. The surgeon may possess a level of skill orders of magnitude larger than the psycho in the slasher flick, but it is the gorefest which audiences pack movie theaters to see."

I now understand why to anyone but his fans Jorge seems boring.

Next up is Silverstone.. another track where he excels!

Last edited by badri : 18th August 2015 at 22:52.
badri is offline   Reply With Quote