Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th August 2015, 18:59   #466
BHPian

Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Lorenzo needs to change his helmet manufacturer.
Why?? Did I miss something..
badri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 19:03   #467
BHPian

That damned HJC will cost him the title. Good ride by Rossi though.. Very Unfortunate for Marc, wonder what went wrong there.. He was just about launch the attack.

Lead back to 12 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Why?? Did I miss something..
Fogged up visor. He was fluctuating between 2.17 n 18s.. Could've caught up with the Ducatis...

Last edited by manson : 31st August 2015 at 14:56. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
MonsterPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 19:15   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Fogged up visor. He was fluctuating between 2.17 n 18s.. Could've caught up with the Ducatis...
Too bad..I guess he will look at changing brands for next season.

Considering the conditions, this is a decent result for Lorenzo. He seems to have come out of the aversion for wet weather.

Next up is Misano where we can expect Rossi to take few more points from Lorenzo. Rossi has been practicing a lot at this circuit on a R1
Old 30th August 2015, 19:30   #469
BHPian

I'm glad he finished. Heart in mouth moments with Miller,Pol and Petrucci. Pol's was a proper nudge!
Old 30th August 2015, 20:43   #470
Senior - BHPian

I had a major face palm moment when I realised this was gonna be a wet race

Awesome ride by Rossi. But feel bad for JL

+1 to nitro. He needs to ditch the econo hjc's immediately. Probably head back to X-lite. Goes well with his symbol too

Urban_Nomad is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 20:51   #471
BHPian

Getting back to the conversation, I think this was the most exciting race start in recent years. So much tension on the grid. Jorge mulling over hard wet/soft wet. Rossi lining up just ahead of him for the pitlane start. Then the start being red flagged.

Petrucci was brave. Very brave. So much talent on the grid but so less spoken about. That older ducati seemed to handle the wet conditions much better than the new. Gigi must be confused.Need more of ducatis. They are great to watch.

What about Marc? Think his front tyre found a dry patch, gripped and highsided?

Last edited by manson : 31st August 2015 at 14:59. Reason: Cleaning up.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 22:18   #472
BHPian

For those who doubted the helmet problem of Lorenzo at Qatar, here is an image..

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...verlay&first=1

It was a miracle that he could ride like he did with this problem at Losail.

As for Silverstone, look at his statement below.

“I completely lost my vision, because the visor was foggy and had to slow down and lost a chance at the third place, which was a pity. In the rain I didn't have the same pace as Valentino and Marquez.”

He is not giving excuses. He very clearly admitted that he was not fast enough to fight at front. Fogging issue only costed him the chance of fighting for third.

Last edited by badri : 30th August 2015 at 22:33.
Old 30th August 2015, 22:33   #473
Senior - BHPian

I did not understand the hand gesture of Rossi into his bike's on-board camera after decimating the field.

Kind of looked like a cricket umpire signalling a 4.

Any ideas what it could signify? An Italian thing maybe?

Maybe a derivative of the chin flick of the Sicilian mafiosi ..... ?

Last edited by ebonho : 30th August 2015 at 22:34.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 22:42   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
"BIRG"u Maharajas (Basking in reflected glory) are back in town.
Trunkman's sport psychology analysis is bang on.
May be we should rename it as "Barking in reflected glory" considering the dog's pictures
When I read the Trunkman anaysis I wondered if he actually went through this forum before he penned it down. It's astonishing to see how absolutely spot on he is.

Marc has not been in Jorge's good books after the Jerez 2013 incident and the rivalry between them has grown fierce ever since. Tough battles, photo finishes, fairing bashing and even the infamous finger wagging. For me,the rivalry between Marc and Jorge has been more fierce than it was between Rossi and Lorenzo.More so because of Honda vs Yamaha. But I am yet to encounter a single Marquez fan who speaks of Jorge with disrespect. Even on this forum I have found none. Its amazing to see the rivalries and competition exist but respect for each other (even among fans) surpasses that. Very recently Marc n Jorge had a close battle at Indy separating each other only by 0.6 at the finish line. Yet nothing bad or disrespectful was said. Today, just a foggy visor was mentioned along with the Ducs but nowhere Rossi or the victory was in question yet the fanboys got all defensive. LOL.
To quote trunkman *"To read the comments under any MotoGP article on somewhere like Crash or MCN and it will invariably have turned into an argument about Rossi. *It might be someone simply saying, ‘Nice lap by Lorenzo’. *Within a few comments you will find, ‘**** Lorenzo, he’s only good because he stole Rossi’s setup’. *It might be an article about Suzuki but you’ll end up with ‘Rossi could win on a Suzuki tomorrow’. *It is the Godwin’s Law of MotoGP online."

Dont you find it interesting that trunkman (a neutral motogp journalist) chose to write about Rossi fans in particular? And he made sense in every single line he wrote. He did. This thread, this page is a proof of how correct the article is.

Jorge: "today I didn't have the pace to fight for the win so Valentino deserved the win"

Lorenzo explains he suffered from a 'foggy visor' which he believes cost him three points at Silverstone."

3 points mentioned (ducati) not the victory.

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 30th August 2015 at 23:01.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 23:11   #475
BHPian

As far as negative publicity goes, can it get worse for HJC? The Lorenzo stories will be sure to impact their global sales. Who would want to say they have the same helmet that cost a world title contender his championship points?
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 23:32   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I did not understand the hand gesture of Rossi into his bike's on-board camera after decimating the field.

Kind of looked like a cricket umpire signalling a 4.

Any ideas what it could signify? An Italian thing maybe?

Maybe a derivative of the chin flick of the Sicilian mafiosi ..... ?
Could be referring to four wins so far?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 23:49   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
As far as negative publicity goes, can it get worse for HJC? The Lorenzo stories will be sure to impact their global sales. Who would want to say they have the same helmet that cost a world title contender his championship points?
It is widely known that Jorge has been using a below par helmet equipment (HJC) mainly due to sponsorship issues. But he is bound by contract and can do nothing other than adjust to the circumstances.

In my personal experience HJC is an ill fitting helmet, it fits no better than a locally manufactured helm. Ive tried it on many rides and feel it has limited air circulation with the vents having minimal adjustments.Give me Joe Rocket any day. Im a fan of it yeah.

What the viewers ought to know is most of the motogp riders are very honest in their post race interviews. They do not make excuses or lie about their performance. Sometimes this honesty is mistaken for excuses which has no meaning when you are giving an interview to a top motogp broadcaster who know the sport and how everything works.

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 30th August 2015 at 23:57.
Old 31st August 2015, 00:22   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In my personal experience HJC is an ill fitting helmet, it fits no better than a locally manufactured helm. Ive tried it on many rides and feel it has limited air circulation with the vents having minimal adjustments.Give me Joe Rocket any day. Im a fan of it yeah
Slightly OT, but HJC manufactures helmets for Joe rocket. They simply stamp a JR logo n graphics on it and be done with it
Urban_Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 00:33   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Slightly OT, but HJC manufactures helmets for Joe rocket. They simply stamp a JR logo n graphics on it and be done with it
Just checked the model I tried and it said FS15. All the same?

Have a Suomy Vandal, if anyone's interested.....
Old 31st August 2015, 00:56   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just checked the model I tried and it said FS15. All the same?

Have a Suomy Vandal, if anyone's interested.....
There is an HJC FS15

Yup, doesn't matter which joe rocket helmet it is. They are all made by HJC
Urban_Nomad is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote