Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31st August 2015, 01:28   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Going off-topic, but since this came up I would like to mention that I had an HJC FS10 in 2010 that I used for about an year and never faced any problem in 15000 miles of riding, be it rain or even snow. Also it is very hard to believe that a MotoGP rider is using sub-par equipment. It does not work that way. If a rider does not have trust in the equipment he uses at the highest level of the sport, he would not have been able to go out there and give his 100%.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 09:04   #482
BHPian

This thing about visor fogging up looks like a cock and bull story to me and hence the post. It is not to bring the fans of JL up but rather to put the excuse of JL up front. "Even Shivajinagar helmets offer anti-fog nowadays" to quote another friend of mine after the race yesterday.

And coming to the subsequent posts, anyone who believes that the riders use the helmets that is available to the public or the model/make as stickered on the helmet is living in another world. These helmets are custom built for each rider and the make/model is just stickered on for marketing. Its like the Redbull bottles they all hold after the race, you really think they drink that?

So, comes back to my first post - Helmet fogging in MotoGP? I dont believe it.

Last edited by manson : 31st August 2015 at 14:55. Reason: Cleaning up.
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 09:11   #483
Senior - BHPian

If you look carefully at the onboard videos of MM before the crash, you can see rossi brake for a millisecond and accelerate.
On multiple sites, I'm sure, this discussion has been going on, and throttle brake graphs show a mid turn wheels-spin/tail slide initiated right after this causing a dry spot on the track.
The question being, was rossi aware that that MM is following him in a tuck and draft, and would hit that spot?
With his (VR's) wily experience and on those tyres, the outcome was inevitable.

Last edited by mayankk : 31st August 2015 at 09:18.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 09:52   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post

So, comes back to my first post - Helmet fogging in MotoGP?
News is that the fogging was true..however Lorenzo himself was partly the cause for it. Apparently he didn't use the breath deflector which could have prevented it.
badri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 10:02   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
So HJC has been a bad boy for sometime. Wonder why Lorenzo still keeps up with the brand, may be due to sponsorship pressure?
But can this be good for the sponsor if their prime user / advertiser doesn't have good things to say about the equipment?

I guess there will be some damage control by JL soon, else be ready to buy HJCs on super closeouts real soon

Urban_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 10:34   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
If you look carefully at the onboard videos of MM before the crash, you can see rossi brake for a millisecond and accelerate.
On multiple sites, I'm sure, this discussion has been going on, and throttle brake graphs show a mid turn wheels-spin/tail slide initiated right after this causing a dry spot on the track.
The question being, was rossi aware that that MM is following him in a tuck and draft, and would hit that spot?
With his (VR's) wily experience and on those tyres, the outcome was inevitable.
Not unlikely, but it was raining less in that section of the track. I think Marc was using a dark visor and may be he missed seeing the dry patch? The way Honda loads the front on braking.... And catching a dry spot on brakes on a well used wet tyre..... Highside... Unfortunate as you can do nothing about it. Just bad luck
MonsterPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 10:37   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
In my personal experience HJC is an ill fitting helmet, it fits no better than a locally manufactured helm. Ive tried it on many rides and feel it has limited air circulation with the vents having minimal adjustments.Give me Joe Rocket any day. Im a fan of it yeah.
Ive had the exact opposite experience with HJCs. I bought one last year and loved the fitting and comfort. I had a fall earlier this year and the helmet took it like a champ. I wanted to replace it with an HJC RPHA 10 but the non availability of stock across India meant I eventually bought a Nolan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
What the viewers ought to know is most of the motogp riders are very honest in their post race interviews. They do not make excuses or lie about their performance. Sometimes this honesty is mistaken for excuses which has no meaning when you are giving an interview to a top motogp broadcaster who know the sport and how everything works.
I believe he called a spade a spade in this case.

Quote:
Ben Spies in 2010 had problems with HJC helmet at Laguna Seca when his visor wouldnt shut. Then he again had a problem with water flooding his HJCs in his 2012 Vodoo season.

This year, Lorenzo's liner came off in Qatar and now fogging issue in Silverstone.

So HJC has been a bad boy for sometime. Wonder why Lorenzo still keeps up with the brand, may be due to sponsorship pressure?
It appears so. Meanwhile AGV is laughing its way to the bank and will have its cash registers rolling if Rossi wins another title. I wonder how much further HJC is going to keep dropping the ball become it becomes the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. Incidentally just yesterday morning I spotted a rider with a nice Jorge Lorenzo HJC helmet and I was thinking to myself that it looked a whole lot nicer than my Nolan. Today, not so much
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 11:41   #488
Senior - BHPian

Have you guys hear of the (unsubstantiated) rumors doing the rounds of the paddocks?

Something only the experts in the know, the hallowed inner circle, know about. Not the red neck Rossi rif raff brigade of course.

There are increasing rumbles that Dorna has been spending vast monies in squashing these grapevine rumors and pulling any article which alludes to the same, to protect their golden boy.

Apparently Marquez has been suffering repeated wardrobe malfunctions with his leathers. Unknown to and hidden from the outside world (hint - Dorna with the help of the Italian mafia).

The issue has been isolated to the inner lining. Giving way at inopportune moments in the race. And snagging.

Apparently in a delicate area. Of the unmentionables.

This, its being postulated, is the reason he's been crashing behind Rossi every time the pace gets too hot to handle.

The lining gives way. There is this sudden loss of concentration and discomfort when swinging over to opposite lean.

And then the crash.

Has happened 3 times, and sponsorship or not, the leather manufacturers need to up their game or Dainese is going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

Along with the golden boy has-been of course.

One more crash and the gloves are truly going to come off.

Sigh. The trials and tribulations of MotoGP.

Why can't they have the damn races in a covered stadium like soccer matches man?

Its all a conspiracy, I tell you. There must be an investigation.

Last edited by ebonho : 31st August 2015 at 11:51.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 12:22   #489
Senior - BHPian

An internship by fire behind the Master, in the footsteps of God Himself. That he will never forget till the end of his racing days.

And be a better man for it. But a Man all the same.

Remember what I said on this very thread after Argentina? God is inside the kid's head. Well and truly inside. Has made his abode there.

And he's asking questions that the kid has no answers to.

Though to be brutally frank, yesterday (and the two crashes before) was less to do with mind games and more to do with unrelenting brutal pace. Pace that forces mistakes.

And Rossi is the undisputed MAESTRO of forcing mistakes. Both pushing from behind and pulling away in front. Just that bit too hot, without breaking the band. Therein lies the divinity of his skill.

Name:  2914353b544bb4e6d011e4a30fc66423242607.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  29.2 KB

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-93marquez_1092_r13_marquez.2014_original.jpg

Name:  XcYGx3djQKAghB27_GHJQzikMCF8BeqyjZZddbUlXnfeD2LOy4VHbGKjW55ZsCTqKmy7r3dqr4xNPucmY1_w506h379n.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  17.1 KB

Papa is back. All hail Papa.

Last edited by ebonho : 31st August 2015 at 12:40.
ebonho is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 15:32   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Remember what I said on this very thread after Argentina? God is inside the kid's head. Well and truly inside. Has made his abode there.

Papa is back. All hail Papa.
Hey Doc! Long time no see. Good to have you back. Your absence from this thread when Rossi didnt win jack and arrival immediately after his recent victory, I am sure is just a coincidence. Because for long you have been calling out many others on why they go "hiding" and then there is a sudden resurgence when their fav rider is winning. I mean ...... surely you wouldnt do that. You never would

Rossi has made a great big castle in Marc's head, complete with Italian marble flooring and a great big toilet where he continues to take great big piles of steaming dump. Marc is an idiot that he kept winning races even after that. Does he not know of that castle? Someone please tell him. And do not forget Lorenzo. Rossi has some real estate in his cranium too. What dimwits these two are. Dont know why they even bother racing

And I dont think it was fair to compare the awesome Rossi fan brigade to Rednecks. I mean come on. Obviously ....... Rednecks would take serious offense to that

Double standards are back. All hail double standards
Urban_Nomad is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 15:40   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Hey Doc! Long time no see. Good to have you back. Your absence from this thread when Rossi didnt win jack and arrival immediately after his recent victory, I am sure is just a coincidence. Because for long you have been calling out many others on why they go "hiding" and then there is a sudden resurgence when their fav rider is winning. I mean ...... surely you wouldnt do that. You never would

Rossi has made a great big castle in Marc's head, complete with Italian marble flooring and a great big toilet where he continues to take great big piles of steaming dump. Marc is an idiot that he kept winning races even after that. Does he not know of that castle? Someone please tell him. And do not forget Lorenzo. Rossi has some real estate in his cranium too. What dimwits these two are. Dont know why they even bother racing

And I dont think it was fair to compare the awesome Rossi fan brigade to Rednecks. I mean come on. Obviously ....... Rednecks would take serious offense to that

I'd stay away from personal one on ones Karan.

Debate the riders and their rides. Period.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 15:54   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post

This post is so ROFL, it made me chuckle!! Another one is Rossi can create dry patches on wet tarmac and make the rider following him lose traction!!!

Last edited by JayKis : 31st August 2015 at 16:06.
JayKis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 16:12   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This post is so ROFL, it made me chuckle!! Another one is Rossi can create dry patches on wet tarmac and make the rider following him lose traction!!!
Thank you! Finally!
Do look up sarchasm. No. It's not a typo. It's that only. I was wondering why nobody responded when it was picked up as a "not unlikely".

Last edited by mayankk : 31st August 2015 at 16:15.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 16:22   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Thank you! Finally!
Do look up sarchasm. No. It's not a typo. It's that only. I was wondering why nobody responded when it was picked up as a "not unlikely".
My apologies, should have made it clearer. Liked the idea.
It is a conspiracy, I tell you. There must be an investigation!
JayKis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 16:51   #495
Senior - BHPian

Rossi will seriously need to sit down with Marc and help the kid sort his head out.

Yesterday, based on race pace and the clear differential, there was no way Jorge could have advanced beyond 5th had Marc not crashed out. Once again.

Marc will need to get back to basics of racing. Which is - 20 points are better than 0 points. In the words of a racer of a bygone era - his ambition is currently outweighing his doubtless talent.

Jorge on his part would be relieved to limit the bloodletting to just 12 points, when by rights, he should have been 14 down to Rossi today.

The "disappointment" at losing 3 points to 3rd and the drama about the foggy helmet was a red herring to hide the too-transparent elation at salvaging 2 points more than he deserved.

And the racers knew it.

Pedrosa I can only hope. I was really disappointed when he let Jorge by and gave up the fight way too early.

A Spanish conspiracy amidst an all Italian podium? There should be an investigation.

Last edited by ebonho : 31st August 2015 at 17:03.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote