Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31st August 2015, 18:10   #496
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Doc - I merely wanted to point out the inconsistency of comments on the thread, but I obviously hit a nerve. As a senior rider and someone who has helped me out in the past; I have nothing but love and respect for you

Had no intention of making it personal. You can use the "report post" feature and the mods will do the rest. I hope you realize that I am not saying this in jest or sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Marc will need to get back to basics of racing. Which is - 20 points are better than 0 points. In the words of a racer of a bygone era - his ambition is currently outweighing his doubtless talent.
Marc did what he had to; or rather what he knows best. He was a staggering 50 something points behind Rossi. To win the championship; he had to win everything that was coming up - including Silverstone .... rain notwithstanding. No second place would ever cut it for him

And that is his attitude I suppose; win big or go home. To me; thats one of the big pulls in his personality. No matter what anyone says, no matter how unlikely, he believed that he was still in the running for a championship. But brilliant UK weather did what it does best and literally rained on Marc's and Lorenzo's parade. Marc for the very first time admitted to being out of the running for the championship

Anyhow; the season is not over by a long shot. Looking forward to what happens next at Rossi's own backyard

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 31st August 2015 at 18:20.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 18:26   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Doc - I merely wanted to point out the inconsistency of comments on the thread, but I obviously hit a nerve. As a senior rider and someone who has helped me out in the past; I have nothing but love and respect for you

Had no intention of making it personal. You can use the "report post" feature and the mods will do the rest. I hope you realize that I am not saying this in jest or sarcasm
Its best not to get personal on forums with a low threshold for the same. Was just reminding you of that as it would then either snowball or attract the ire of the mods, neither of which would be something the thread needed.

Of course should there be something related to the riders or the racing itself which I felt I could contribute on, I would be happy to do so.

It has little to do with hitting a nerve. I'm a 45 year old and senior leadership in a 4000 crore company. I don't get out of kilter on internet forums buddy.

Quote:
Marc did what he had to; or rather what he knows best. He was a staggering 50 something points behind Rossi. To win the championship; he had to win everything that was coming up - including Silverstone .... rain notwithstanding. No second place would ever cut it for him

And that is his attitude I suppose; win big or go home. To me; thats one of the big pulls in his personality. No matter what anyone says, no matter how unlikely, he believed that he was still in the running for a championship. But brilliant UK weather did what it does best and literally rained on Marc's and Lorenzo's parade. Marc for the very first time said post tomorrow's race - "I am not in the running for the championship anymore"

Anyhow; the season is not over by a long shot. Looking forward to what happens next at Rossi's own backyard
Marc is still flush in the afterglw of two world championships. So he would be forgiven a lot. By both his fans and his team and sponsors. But this is MotoGP. There are not very long honeymoons. And he will soon find that he is not going to be looked at as a boy wonder anymore. The crashing will lose the sheen of victory-or-bust romance. And people will realize that he's crashing more than he's winning. Where each point matters.

My point of my previous post was simple. He did not crash because he was trying to win. He crashed because Rossi set a pace he could not match, and crashed trying to do so. Look at this race. Rossi upped his pace by two tenths. Marc crashed. That's the knife edge he was on.

There are two ways of pulling away up front. One is like Jorge. You build a lead by hammering lap after lap with metronomic precision. And break the rider following so that he is content with consolidating his position and bringing it home.

The other is like Rossi. Where you stay in touch and dangle the carrot, just out of reach. Play on the guy's ego, his insecurities. Basically dance inside his head.

And make him crash.

20 points is a heap better than 0. Rossi knows it. Jorge knows it. Marc does not. He will learn soon. Or he will be told, in no uncertain terms.

Last edited by ebonho : 31st August 2015 at 18:29.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 19:00   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Marc is still flush in the afterglw of two world championships. So he would be forgiven a lot. By both his fans and his team and sponsors. But this is MotoGP. There are not very long honeymoons. And he will soon find that he is not going to be looked at as a boy wonder anymore. The crashing will lose the sheen of victory-or-bust romance. And people will realize that he's crashing more than he's winning. Where each point matters.
The ironical thing is that some rider has been on an extended Honey moon since 2009. Perform or Perish is the golden rule for every one unless you could buy your way out aka Karel Abraham style!
JayKis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 19:06   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
The ironical thing is that some rider has been on an extended Honey moon since 2009. Perform or Perish is the golden rule for every one unless you could buy your way out aka Karel Abraham style!
Moto GP nor life is about equals.

A Michael Schumacher can go retire and come back and demand and get a drive in a top team.

Form is temporary.

Class is permanent.

Proven greatness unquestionable.

Stoner, Jorge and Marc together amongst themselves need another championship before speaking to the GOAT collectively as an equal.

Unfortunately one of them is now retired. And there are fewer WCs on the starting grid than one man on his own.

Did I say man? Sorry. GOD.

Yesterday's race prove what we've all known and been saying all through this thread. Rossi is head and shoulders above the rest. Still. And he prove it is the most atrocious of conditions.

No dry track wide looping prima donna. No elbow scraping showboater. Guts and glory. Old school style.

Last edited by ebonho : 31st August 2015 at 19:14.
ebonho is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 21:08   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Moto GP nor life is about equals.

A Michael Schumacher can go retire and come back and demand and get a drive in a top team.

Form is temporary.

Class is permanent.

Proven greatness unquestionable.

Stoner, Jorge and Marc together amongst themselves need another championship before speaking to the GOAT collectively as an equal.

Unfortunately one of them is now retired. And there are fewer WCs on the starting grid than one man on his own.

Did I say man? Sorry. GOD.

Yesterday's race prove what we've all known and been saying all through this thread. Rossi is head and shoulders above the rest. Still. And he prove it is the most atrocious of conditions.

No dry track wide looping prima donna. No elbow scraping showboater. Guts and glory. Old school style.
One swallow doesnt make a summer! 3 victories in the last 9 years in wet races. The last time happened in Indiannapolis 2008. Yes 7 years back! Class is awesome!

Now, you know why Stoner (6 in 6 years), Lorenzo (4 in 7 years) and Marq (2 in 2 years) are head and shoulders above! Rossi has the same number of wins in the wet as a certain Pedrosa (who ironically has no motogp championships to his name) and still lags behind him in wet weather points !!
Head and Shoulders above or Knickers and Garters below?

Last edited by JayKis : 31st August 2015 at 21:10.
JayKis is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 23:05   #501
BHPian

So, now a rider is good if he can win in the wet? And what about the dry and the multiple championships?

No, lets get back to what someone else said, lets build a covered track and then we can have different championships for different weather conditions, LOL

At the age of 36, riding like he is (irrespective of the weather) where kids 12 years younger are finding it difficult to keep up defines what greatness is about and why he is a multiple champion...
killjoy is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 01:17   #502
BHPian

A slight Correction above : Stoner (6 in 7 years), Lorenzo (4 in 8 years), Marq (2 in 3 years), Pedrosa (3 in 10 years) and Rossi (3 in 10 years)

Petrucci started 18th.
By the end of 1st lap he was 8th.
By the end of 2nd lap he was 6th.
By the end of 7th lap he was 4th.
By the end of 9th lap he was 3rd.

He was 7.4 seconds off Rossi at the 10th lap. By lap 18th the gap was down to 1.8 seconds. Rossi was lucky that Petrucci started 18th. He should thank GOD that the qualifying happened in the dry or else the result would have been slightly different.

The biggest irony is that Petrucci matched Rossi's best ever Ducati finish on a satellite Ducati, with a ducati that was one year older!

What we witnessed on Sunday was a freak occurence like Toni Elias in Estoril 2006. But Toni had the tires. Petrucci walked on water!

Last edited by JayKis : 1st September 2015 at 01:32.
JayKis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 06:32   #503
BHPian

Lorenzo's foggy visor before the restart. Wonder why he didn't take precautions after this.

https://twitter.com/carlsalter/statu...37280043171840
badri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 07:43   #504
BHPian

Missed the last few pages of this thread, and missed this epic race as well due to official travel.

Bleary-eyed after a 17 -hour long haul, I plug in my matrix sim and head over to motogp.com first thing after landing, to see this image, refer screenshot.

Sheer elation. And also, for the first time, a totally different emotion as well.

It struck me, the unfairness of it all. WE had done it again. By WE, I mean all of us - the media, Dorna, and his millions of fans had conspired once again to make this "mummer" win again just to draw crowds and save MotoGP. He has been ALLOWED again to lead the moto GP world championship, oh the sheer injustice in this world.

Heck, even the heavens are joining us mere mortals in this cosmic conspiracy.

EDIT : Seriously, helmet issues ONCE AGAIN? Boss, this is approaching Casey Moaner's level of incredulity and moaning. Borderline childish as well.

You're a world championship leader, and can't sort out helmet issues, something has been persisting since the last 8 odd months? WOW!
This is blatant sabotage by the Rossi brigade, there should be a proper investigation!
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-screenshot_20150831010616.png  

Last edited by Parth46 : 1st September 2015 at 07:51. Reason: JLO's helmet issues, I had to edit!!
Parth46 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 08:31   #505
Senior - BHPian

Parth welcome back.

Do try and catch the repeat.

God did not waver once.

God was blistering fast.

Man could not follow. And man crashed and burned. Again.

Holding his hands up to the sky in supplication.

But God was busy. Racing.

The time trialist had water issues. No stadium roof. No super sopper.
The wide loops became ginger tip toeing.

3 4 5 then 6

Does it rain only in Italy and not in neighbouring Spain ?

Papa is stressed. So much more to teach. So little time.

P.S. Did you hear about the snagging leathers?
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 08:33   #506
BHPian

Some of the posts here make it seem like Rossi was the only one who managed to finish the race. Yes he rode really well but Rider of the day was definitely Petrucci. I can only wonder what would have happened if he had managed to catch up with Rossi. He was risking it all with Dovi for 2nd and would've put his life on the line if he had a chance for his first victory. And what would Rossi do? Let him go probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Lorenzo's foggy visor before the restart. Wonder why he didn't take precautions after this.

https://twitter.com/carlsalter/statu...37280043171840
I dont think he had enough time to get it cleaned. Pitlane would've closed.

True fans....
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-image1.jpg  

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 1st September 2015 at 08:58.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 09:02   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

P.S. Did you hear about the snagging leathers?
Whats this about the snagging leathers?
I too have not read about this.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 09:53   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
A slight Correction above : Stoner (6 in 7 years), Lorenzo (4 in 8 years), Marq (2 in 3 years), Pedrosa (3 in 10 years) and Rossi (3 in 10 years)

Petrucci started 18th.
By the end of 1st lap he was 8th.
By the end of 2nd lap he was 6th.
By the end of 7th lap he was 4th.
By the end of 9th lap he was 3rd.

He was 7.4 seconds off Rossi at the 10th lap. By lap 18th the gap was down to 1.8 seconds. Rossi was lucky that Petrucci started 18th. He should thank GOD that the qualifying happened in the dry or else the result would have been slightly different.

The biggest irony is that Petrucci matched Rossi's best ever Ducati finish on a satellite Ducati, with a ducati that was one year older!

What we witnessed on Sunday was a freak occurence like Toni Elias in Estoril 2006. But Toni had the tires. Petrucci walked on water!
Jay, I think you forgot to watch the last three laps and the post race press conference. Please check the times of Petrucci and Rossi on the last three laps.

Very high regards for Petrucci and the way he rode, a class act by itself but trying to imply that he is as good or better than Rossi..

He himself mentioned that he was wondering how he was catching up to Rossi....
killjoy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 11:16   #509
BHPian

Since his comeback to Yamaha, the only question raised to him was "When is he going to retire ?"

Little did anyone know that "THE DOCTOR" was slowly making himself a potent title contender.
He still has his M1 from 2004 season in his home. That's how much he loved his machine.
After he removed Jeremy Burgess from his chief crew, lot of fingers were raised at Rossi.
But what we are seeing this season is an absolute masterclass.
All we can do is cheer till Valencia's chequered flag.
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 11:39   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Jay, I think yo----------SNIP--------ssi....
By the end of the 2nd lap, rossi had made up 3 positions. But he was unable to make up any more. Flash in the pan rider. Capitalized on the opening laps mistakes by the others, but not able to once they were in the groove(literal in some cases).
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote