Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport


View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2015, 11:43   #601
BHPian
 
Mashblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 147
Thanked: 245 Times
Default

That Ducati's speed down the straight even with a massive hole in the fairing was astonishing
No doubt the best race of the season, absolutely thrilling :thumbup:
Mashblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 11:43   #602
BHPian
 
Parth46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 335 Times
Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Amazing, amazing race. What an overtake by Iannone, came out of nowhere!! Damn, how fast is that Ducati!

How I wish Rossi could've finished on the podium but not a bad result overall considering Lorenzo also didn't win.

Each race is getting tighter and tighter as the year comes to a close!


Still an 11 point lead that Lorenzo needs to overcome, let's see what happens in Sepang.

Last edited by Parth46 : 18th October 2015 at 12:04.
Parth46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 12:46   #603
Senior - BHPian
 
Hatari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Some move by Iannone! Has my vote for overtake(s) of the year!
and some last lap by Marc

Will be a fantastic last 2 races of the season.
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 13:29   #604
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,244 Times
Default

Wow!
A very exciting race. Apart from for the seagull, though. Good on-the-move headbutt by Andrea!
Is it just me or does it look like he's riding a moped?

Despondent second place. Rossi must have been laughing when he saw mm take the lead.

So now was he unlucky to lose the race, or lucky to be ahead of Rossi???
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 00:26   #605
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,404
Thanked: 2,399 Times
Default The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Yamaha secures 2015 MotoGP Manufacturers title

Yamaha took their 37th Manufacturers title after Jorge Lorenzo finished in second at the Pramac Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.

Following Movistar Yamaha MotoGP securing the 2015 MotoGP Team Title at the 14th round of the 2015 Championship in Aragón, Yamaha has now scored its 37th Manufacturers' title, the 14th in premier class, at the Australian Grand Prix this weekend.

Movistar Yamaha MotoGP rider Jorge Lorenzo put in a superb performance today at the Grand Prix of Australia in Phillip Island, taking 2nd place to deliver Yamaha the 2015 MotoGP Manufacturers' title.

For the Constructors' Title, only the highest placed motorcycle of a given constructor will gain points, according to the position in the race. So far this year Yamaha collected 362 points thanks to a total of six wins and two second places by Jorge Lorenzo; four wins, one second place and two third places by Valentino Rossi; and one second place by Monster Yamaha Tech 3's Bradley Smith in Misano.

These impressive results saw Yamaha take the Manufacturers' Title in Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd.'s 60th anniversary year, adding to the Japanese constructor's extensive list of milestones in the history of MotoGP, which dates back to 1949 when the first Grand Prix race was held.

With the certainty that either Rossi or Lorenzo will wrap up the coveted Triple Crown in one of the final two races in Sepang (Malaysia) and Valencia (Spain), Yamaha is looking forward to a lively end to the season.

By the end of the year Yamaha will have won the MotoGP Triple Crown five times since the team category was added in 2002, in addition to being the only manufacturer to have secured the Triple Crown three times in a row when Yamaha reigned supreme over the premier class from 2008 to 2010.

Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/1...s-title/187603
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 23:43   #606
BHPian
 
Ricci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 720
Thanked: 875 Times
Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
The noise is about what he said in separate interviews to the Spanish media, and not in the post-race press con.

Several posts above have provided links as well.

His blaming everything on bad luck is hardly anything to offend Rossi, or even his fanboys. It's about him being a sore loser - nothing less, nothing more.

Also, looks like MM/JLo fanboys also needed an "old man" to snicker at all this while.

Cheers.
OK, I haven't heard/read those Spanish interviews. I'll take the news with a bit of caution - what's luck in this case, it is the tyres not lasting the race, isn't it ? If Lorenzo's corner speed or average speed is a couple of km higher than Rossi's , and that extra 2km/h can damage the tyre enough to be a problem in the last 5 laps because Bridgestone didn't estimate the grip-vs-life balance correctly enough for his riding limit, it's a matter of chance. He was in form, he rode well, but had to slow down due to tyre problems, it is luck. Sore loser would be blaming someone else for being faster. Sure, you aren't going to change your opinion, I know.

You're driven more by hatred of someone who's displaced your 'god', and your next post shows it. You scream was it bad luck that Lorenzo finished second in the Australian GP. I ask - why is your G.O.A.T not on the 1st spot in like every race, if he's the GOAT ? MM93's 13 or 14 wins of 18 in 2013 - that was utter dominance. Where was the GOAT's greatness then? Why is dominance so elusive to the GOAT then ?

Face it - the current crop of riders have immense talent and they can sustain the rigour better than Dani, who is fast but seems unable to make it last the full 20-something laps most of the time. Winning races is a matter of being fast and consistent.

Rossi's style of taking it slow and keeping his best in reserve for the penultimate 5 laps isn't working anymore and he admits as much, that he can't be confident of winning vs MM93 and JL99 because they're off on a hot pace right off the first lap, the old conservative Rossi style can't cover the lead anymore.

Ergo, Rossi's not the fastest consistently anymore. How much of that is due to Rossi's age and how much of that age related gap he can compensate for with experience, is what's banking on. Both Rossi and Lorenzo are losing out due to the horsepower gap with the Honda and esp the Ducati, but Lorenzo's been able to win more races than his team-mate. That's saying something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
but not a bad result overall considering Lorenzo also didn't win.
Anyone but Lorenzo- the main threat to take the crown you wish only Rossi wears. Had it been Marc, you'd put his name there, and it seems you hate him about as much. I'm as much a Rossi fan as a Lorenzo fan or Stoner fan, and it's seeing them ride that got them my respect. It looks like a lot of football club fan mindset being replicated here. I wonder if Rossi never wins any more championships, you'll boo him to retirement for letting *you* down.
Ricci is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 00:38   #607
BHPian
 
Parth46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 335 Times
Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Ricci, I respect your posts and appreciate your insights as well as the generally neutral stance you have, however, at the same time I feel you're unnecessarily raking up the Rossi vs others topic once again by using very strong words like "hate" repeatedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
OK, I haven't heard/read those Spanish interviews. I'll take the news with a bit of caution - what's luck in this case, it is the tyres not lasting the race, isn't it ? If Lorenzo's corner speed or average speed is a couple of km higher than Rossi's , and that extra 2km/h can damage the tyre enough to be a problem in the last 5 laps because Bridgestone didn't estimate the grip-vs-life balance correctly enough for his riding limit, it's a matter of chance. He was in form, he rode well, but had to slow down due to tyre problems, it is luck. Sore loser would be blaming someone else for being faster. Sure, you aren't going to change your opinion, I know.
You admit that you've not read those interviews, yet you somehow know an awful lot about the luck or lack thereof that riders have faced this year. To put things in perspective, Lorenzo's comments were not just about the Motegi race in which his tyres gave up earlier than others and thus Rossi and Dani were able to cath-up, BUT the entire 2015 season in which he has faced some weird issues like helmet foam/lining trouble, visor fogging, DNF in Misano etc as key reasons why he is trailing in the championship.

I ask this, others on the grid have faced the exact same set of circumstances, do we hear them complaining like this and giving reasons why they're at whatever rank in the standings? NO.

On a slightly different note, Rossi would've already had the number 10 against his name if he hadn't crashed out in the very last race in Valencia in 2006, and thus losing the title to Nicky Hayden, so I'm sure there have been folks who've faced even worse heartaches than poor old unlucky JLo, wouldn't you think?

I'm surely not going to change my opinion based on this war of words, and you're not going to change yours, so let's leave it at that.

Quote:
You're driven more by hatred of someone who's displaced your 'god', and your next post shows it. You scream was it bad luck that Lorenzo finished second in the Australian GP. I ask - why is your G.O.A.T not on the 1st spot in like every race, if he's the GOAT ? MM93's 13 or 14 wins of 18 in 2013 - that was utter dominance. Where was the GOAT's greatness then? Why is dominance so elusive to the GOAT then ?
Again, strong words like hate. I would like to replace hate with passion. I'm driven by passion Ricci, something that has defined all my endeavors in all spheres of life.

Sport, even more so than other disciplines, is nothing without passion and yes, I have no shame in admitting that I'm one of Rossi's biggest, most passionate fans and hate to see him lose to absolutely anyone because I genuinely believe him to be the GREATEST OF ALL TIME, the GOAT.

This argument is honestly pretty puerile. If JLO is better than Rossi as of today, then why is he not winning every race and blaming things on bad luck? Why is MM suffering so much this year and despite flashes of brilliance, is out of the reckoning for this year's title?

Did SRT score a century every game, does Messi score a hat-trick every match, did Jordan score every 3-pointer he aimed for?

It's not wrong on my part to cheer for him and not wanting anyone else to win.

Dominance- well I don't know what to say. Rossi in his prime has dominated entire seasons as spectacularly as Marquez did in 2013, but again we're discussing bygones that have no bearing on this title fight we're seeing currently. And he has done so over a bigger time-frame (5 titles back-to-back for different factories during 2001-2005), for which MM will have to start all over again as his streak of 2 back-to-back titles is now over.

Displaced GOD - really? has he? seriously?

It's not like he's the reigning world champion even, that's Marquez. He has a grand total of 2 premier class titles, compared to Rossi's 6. Make that 7 if you count 500cc as well which was the premier class of it's time.

True, he's very fast today but concluding that he's displaced Rossi is once again doing Rossi and all his longevity and experience a gross injustice.

Quote:
Face it - the current crop of riders have immense talent and they can sustain the rigour better than Dani, who is fast but seems unable to make it last the full 20-something laps most of the time. Winning races is a matter of being fast and consistent.

Rossi's style of taking it slow and keeping his best in reserve for the penultimate 5 laps isn't working anymore and he admits as much, that he can't be confident of winning vs MM93 and JL99 because they're off on a hot pace right off the first lap, the old conservative Rossi style can't cover the lead anymore.
I agree that riding styles are vastly different and Rossi's classic style might not be the best thing in today's time-trial mode, but last I checked, it's still working swimmingly for old VR, as he's been able to carve up his way up the grid and win races from as low as 8th, in this very season and that too not just once - and as of this moment is still leading the title race by virtue of being consistent, and based on your post consistency is something you value highly, so there you go.

I'm not sure if Lorenzo can lay claim to these kind of heroics, unless of course there is a separate world title for exploits on Friday and Saturday, that I'm not aware of.

Quote:
Anyone but Lorenzo- the main threat to take the crown you wish only Rossi wears. Had it been Marc, you'd put his name there, and it seems you hate him about as much. I'm as much a Rossi fan as a Lorenzo fan or Stoner fan, and it's seeing them ride that got them my respect. It looks like a lot of football club fan mindset being replicated here.
Of course, I would swap Lorenzo's name with anyone who would've been fighting for the title with Rossi this year. You presume too much about hate again and this time for MM, I wonder why. Would once again like to bring passion here, not hate.

There's nothing wrong in cheering for your favorite, heck that's what favorites are for. Let's disband all those fan clubs and cheer only for the sport, like so many virtuously claim to do.

Quote:
I wonder if Rossi never wins any more championships, you'll boo him to retirement for letting *you* down.
Again, you presume too much, something I wish you wouldn't, mate.

I've been watching him and cheering for him since 1999/2000 and so far I'm happy to say that he hasn't let me down.

Ricci, a billion words wouldn't be enough to argue about whether or not Rossi is the GOAT, why is he winning/losing, will Lorenzo win this year's title, will MM be the next GOAT and a thousand other questions.

The thread has moved on to commenting on specific races, and let's face it, only two more races to go and we'll know sure enough who this year's winner is.

If it's Rossi, then not that it needs any confirmation, but he'll surely go down in history as the GOAT, and it would probably be one of the greatest comebacks ever.

If it's Lorenzo, he would've won one of the most hard-fought titles in recent memory and would do wonders to his stature.

Peace.

Last edited by Parth46 : 21st October 2015 at 00:49.
Parth46 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 10:27   #608
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,025
Thanked: 4,456 Times
Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Sheer dominance would be winning more races and not points.

There is a difference between being consistent & being dominant. Rossi was dominant than Nicky in '06.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st October 2015 at 10:28.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:22   #609
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 306
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
To put things in perspective, Lorenzo's comments were not just about the Motegi race in which his tyres gave up earlier than others and thus Rossi and Dani were able to cath-up, BUT the entire 2015 season in which he has faced some weird issues like helmet foam/lining trouble, visor fogging, DNF in Misano etc as key reasons why he is trailing in the championship.

I ask this, others on the grid have faced the exact same set of circumstances, do we hear them complaining like this and giving reasons why they're at whatever rank in the standings? NO.
Others did face similar weather conditions but the helmet issues (that too twice) were unique to Lorenzo and did cost him some points. Sure, there were unique troubles for other riders (gear lever issue for Pol, brake issue for Dovi etc) too. And yes, they did voice their frustrations at that time. There is nothing wrong in riders venting out frustrations provided they do not let it affect them for next races. In this dept Lorenzo did very well I would say (by finishing ahead of Rossi in the next race).

Lorenzo once raced within 48 hours of fitting a metal plate in his broken collar bone. His work ethic and commitment is imperious. However, when other factors doesn't support, he has all the reason to speak out his mind. Of course that may not be politically correct but that's just him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post

This argument is honestly pretty puerile. If JLO is better than Rossi as of today, then why is he not winning every race and blaming things on bad luck? Why is MM suffering so much this year and despite flashes of brilliance, is out of the reckoning for this year's title?

It's not like he's the reigning world champion even, that's Marquez. He has a grand total of 2 premier class titles, compared to Rossi's 6. Make that 7 if you count 500cc as well which was the premier class of it's time.
As everyone is aware, consistency is the key and Rossi is doing brilliantly in that dept. On the other hand, Marc and Jorge are decidedly faster than Rossi this year and have even won more races than him.

Respect your opinion about Rossi being GOAT. I used think so too. However, after seeing Marc's debut and his performance till now, I think that he is the greatest racer I have seen till date. Even though I support Lorenzo, I never thought that he can be the greatest. I appreciate him for his hard work, focus and unbelievable limits to which he can push the bike. He's got a bit of weakness on the psychological side and that, in my opinion troubles him some time.

On the other hand, Marc has got talent, very strong head and is extremely hungry for victories. If he races till 32 ( he is only 22 now) 90% of the records in motogp would be his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post

True, he's very fast today but concluding that he's displaced Rossi is once again doing Rossi and all his longevity and experience a gross injustice.
Agree. However, I feel Rossi may be over the hill now. He looks strong to win this year's championship but this reminds me of 2006. Nicky Hayden won on sheer consistency but Rossi was clearly the fastest. Now Rossi is in Hayden's position. Not able make a decisive push for top step in majority of the races but winning the championship by finishing in all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post

I'm not sure if Lorenzo can lay claim to these kind of heroics, unless of course there is a separate world title for exploits on Friday and Saturday, that I'm not aware of.
Disagree. He did well on most sundays too.. otherwise he wouldn't be snapping at Rossi's title lead now. He may not have started from 8th and win races but it is not his fault either that he is fast in qualifying.

Last edited by badri : 22nd October 2015 at 11:52.
badri is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:48   #610
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,025
Thanked: 4,456 Times
Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
On the other hand, Marc has got talent, very strong head and is extremely hungry for victories. If he races till 32 ( he is only 22 now) 90% of the records in motogp would be his.
+100

Can't agree more. He is on the edge everytime and unlike others, he doesn't let anyone in his head or isn't perturbed much if someone is breathing down his back.

After Rossi, I cheer for him.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 12:36   #611
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 306
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

On a side note, is there any pub / restobar in Bangalore that plays motogp races live. If yes, it would be great for Blr members on this thread to plan and catch up for the last two races.
badri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 14:35   #612
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,404
Thanked: 2,399 Times
Default

Some numbers from the Premier Class:
Rider-Podiums(Wins-2nd-3rd)
1.Rossi-174(86-49-39)
2.Pedrosa-98(27-38-33)
3.Doohan-95(54-31-10)
4.Lorenzo-95(39-38-18)
5.Agostini-88(68-20-0)
6.Lawson-78(31-31-16)
7.Stoner-69(38-11-20)
8.Rainey-64(24-22-18)
9.Biaggi-58(13-26-19)
10.Mamola-54(13-22-19)
Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/1...-doohan/187774
shyn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 14:45   #613
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 306
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Some numbers from the Premier Class:
Rider-Podiums(Wins-2nd-3rd)
1.Rossi-174(86-49-39)
2.Pedrosa-98(27-38-33)
3.Doohan-95(54-31-10)
4.Lorenzo-95(39-38-18)
5.Agostini-88(68-20-0)
6.Lawson-78(31-31-16)
7.Stoner-69(38-11-20)
8.Rainey-64(24-22-18)
9.Biaggi-58(13-26-19)
10.Mamola-54(13-22-19)
Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/1...-doohan/187774
Wow, another 14 wins and the Doctor will hit century..
badri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 14:59   #614
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,404
Thanked: 2,399 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Wow, another 14 wins and the Doctor will hit century..

But 14 wins is a LOT! I am not sure it is doable. That would require the man atleast another 3 very good seasons with Yamaha or any other factory team. Seeing how the kids are snapping at his heels and the amount of talent in Moto2 and Moto3 waiting for a MotoGP race seat, I am afraid the century will elude him.
Though I really want him to get to that number.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 15:28   #615
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,383
Thanked: 1,271 Times
Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
On a side note, is there any pub / restobar in Bangalore that plays motogp races live. If yes, it would be great for Blr members on this thread to plan and catch up for the last two races.
Apparently, this place does: http://www.6kisleofman.com/

Not sure though. Just remember reading about it somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
But 14 wins is a LOT! I am not sure it is doable. That would require the man atleast another 3 very good seasons with Yamaha or any other factory team.
(Just noticed that Rossi took 11 race wins in a season, FOUR times. So removed the Marquez reference)

But yes, this is probably one record The Doctor will not take. Considering the competition around.

And looking at the way Marquez is going, he will probably break a lot of records along the way.

Sepang this weekend. Hope Marco Simoncelli is remembered. Wonder how different MotoGP would've been had he been around.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 22nd October 2015 at 15:32.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 MotoGP Safety Car - BMW M4 with water injection system for cooler (intake) air syedhafeez The International Automotive Scene 0 17th February 2015 02:52
Abarth to sponsor Yamaha MotoGP bikes in 2015? sadsack Int'l Motorsport 0 20th January 2015 10:30
2011 MotoGP discussion thread fz_rider Int'l Motorsport 98 5th November 2011 23:09
The MotoGP 2010 Thread five46 Int'l Motorsport 126 10th November 2010 05:07
Motogp 800cc prototype info thread devsus Int'l Motorsport 11 15th November 2006 20:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:45.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks