Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th November 2015, 00:47   #856
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

I am sad to see Rossi making these statements. As much as i was supporting him in this race, praying that he gets through, he should not have got into this himself. That would have been more noble. He knows everybody else is talking about this, and what has to be discussed is being discussed. He should have taken the high moral ground as a sportsman and not descended into this conspiracy.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 01:28   #857
BHPian

Ohh! It's very rich of Valentino to accuse the Spanish racers of conspiring against him when his countrymen did the EXACT same thing against Hans Spaan in 1990, ironically, at the Philip Island round. Hans needed just 2 points to win the championship against Loris Capirossi however the Italian Riders were blocking his way resulting in Spaan losing out the title.

It was Valentino who bumped into Sete, it was Valentino who raced dirty against Stoner at Laguna. Marquez just memorized Valentino's book of racing and entered some of his own bookmarks. It was just a younger Valentino tussling with the older one... I hope Rossi does not burn the house on the way out.

He is supposed to be an example for racers/ professionals who are in two minds of retiring as a way of showing them that age is just a number and world titles could be won at any age.

Hoping that Haydos gets his due in WSBK. Thanks #69 and Thank you Bridgestone!

Hoping for a better 2016!
Manoj2268 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 01:30   #858
Senior - BHPian

Were they really booed?! I can't really make out from this clip and didn't really bother watching the podium ceremony.

MotoGP has turned into football now. Gone are the days where it was all about the racing. Too much hate now. Maybe the social media is to blame for it too. Ofcourse sub-par champions are definitely not helping with the image.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 09:33   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Put---------SNIP------------nts.
Put it to sleep already. A tenth championship would have been a VERY big deal, and for someone who could have been a worthy champ, He's bound to see some conspiracies. Who amongst us wouldn't with much less at stake?
With all talks of 46 being in the sunset, then using the points tally, he's at the top the sunset list, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I am -----SNIP-----conspiracy.
Ditoo. But I'll be back when he in the lineup next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Were they really booed?! I can't really make out from this clip and didn't really bother watching the podium ceremony.

MotoGP has turned into football now. Gone are the days where it was all about the racing. Too much hate now. Maybe the social media is to blame for it too. Ofcourse sub-par champions are definitely not helping with the image.
Yes he was booed.And you could see the surprise on his face too, considering, well, espana!

Done, dusted, washed, and in the closet.
You could see the disappointment in VR's eyes. He did not take off the helmet for much more than usual. What a ride. What a ride!
Always the champ for me.
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 09:57   #860
Distinguished - BHPian

What happened at Philip Island can be overlooked, MM won there & demoted J Lo.

The next races were baffling to say the least. Marc clearly was blocking Rossi in Sepang, while Rossi should not have lost his cool, loosing his cool lost him the 10th WC.

I have read few replies where few friends do say that MM was trying to break Lorenzo or whatever, but he never ever attacked Lorenzo & moreover, when Dani had the pace, he didn't let him overtake.

Honestly, it will take few years more for Marquez to gain pride again, at least in my books, I liked him, not any more.

And boy, what a ride did Rossi had, I had a couple of cardiac arrests when he was overtaking, the way he took on Espargaro brothers was amazing. Literally I could sense my BP going high, heart pounding like anything.

Switched off the moment, Rossi crossed the line, didn't had the heart to watch J lo's celebration. He is a deserving champ alright, but taking help from Marquez & butting his nose where it wasn't required isn't a very champ thing to do.
Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:03   #861
BHPian

The moment Rossi got into Top 10 the Laps from 28-23 cost him time and the championship ,had he reached 4th place around 26 or 25th Lap we could have caught up with Dani and MM . Anyways its now done over with .Hope VR wins his 10th championship in 2016 .
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:09   #862
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Marquez / Honda definitely appeared to be faster than Lorenzo. I thought it was only a matter of time before he'd overtake. But he didn't. Now, whether that was due to Lorenzo's fighting skills or Marquez trying to help him...well, it's anybody's guess. Either ways, Rossi shouldn't have to count on Marquez overtaking Lorenzo to win his championship.

Rossi's ride was superb - man, he was overtaking as if everyone else was standing still. But once he got to 4th, it was quite lonely as the gap was too big + guys ahead were too fast.

Very impressed with Lorenzo too. He rode a flawless race. Even under all that pressure, not a wheel put wrong. A deserving champion.

BTW, this was the first time I watched a MotoGP race . Was surprised by the short duration (only 45 minutes) and lack of pitstops!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:23   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

BTW, this was the first time I watched a MotoGP race . Was surprised by the short duration (only 45 minutes) and lack of pitstops!
I am with you here GTO. I usually never get around to watching MotoGP races and try and catch some of the highlights. I never miss F1 races though! After a long time i watched this race from start to end thanks to the huge build up.

It was so tense and so fast! I couldn't believe it was already over! During an F1 race i have enough time to make myself a coffee or a snack and then mull over strategy and all, while posting on forums at the sametime.

Being a MotoGP noob, i wouldnt really know if Marquez was intentionally being cautious, but i did feel his corner exiting was slow. Everytime i thought he would now dive on the inside, by the time they exited Lorenzo had pulled a huge gap.

I felt though it mirrored an F1 race at times. If you remember Kimi at Monza this year, after his disastrous start, he was last by the first chicane. He then fought back and made up like 5 places by the first lap. In the end he came 6th(I think). Also in this race by the 10th lap, the leaders had pulled a huge gap over the others like Hamilton and Rosberg. But yes the dueling and overtakes, plus the braking where the rear wheel is off the ground is pretty exciting!

Last edited by avishar : 9th November 2015 at 11:31.
avishar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:29   #864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What happened at Philip Island can be overlooked, MM won there & demoted J Lo.

The next races were baffling to say the least. Marc clearly was blocking Rossi in Sepang, while Rossi should not have lost his cool, loosing his cool lost him the 10th WC.

I have read few replies where few friends do say that MM was trying to break Lorenzo or whatever, but he never ever attacked Lorenzo & moreover, when Dani had the pace, he didn't let him overtake.

Honestly, it will take few years more for Marquez to gain pride again, at least in my books, I liked him, not any more.

And boy, what a ride did Rossi had, I had a couple of cardiac arrests when he was overtaking, the way he took on Espargaro brothers was amazing. Literally I could sense my BP going high, heart pounding like anything.

Switched off the moment, Rossi crossed the line, didn't had the heart to watch J lo's celebration. He is a deserving champ alright, but taking help from Marquez & butting his nose where it wasn't required isn't a very champ thing to do.
What Marquez did was clear as daylight and its a shame to the sport. Rossi losing cool in Sepang cost him the title. If Rossi was at the front in Valencia, Marquez would have fought really hard and ensured he would make Rossi crash too

But what a ride. +100 to what you have written, I was nervous that he would crash with the way he was overtaking. Except Petrucci, none of them made it easy for Rossi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
The moment Rossi got into Top 10 the Laps from 28-23 cost him time and the championship ,had he reached 4th place around 26 or 25th Lap we could have caught up with Dani and MM . Anyways its now done over with .Hope VR wins his 10th championship in 2016 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Marquez / Honda definitely appeared to be faster than Lorenzo. I thought it was only a matter of time before he'd overtake. But he didn't. Now, whether that was due to Lorenzo's fighting skills or Marquez trying to help him...well, it's anybody's guess. Either ways, Rossi shouldn't have to count on Marquez overtaking Lorenzo to win his championship.

Rossi's ride was superb - man, he was overtaking as if everyone else was standing still. But once he got to 4th, it was quite lonely as the gap was too big + guys ahead were too fast.
Knowing what was going on, Rossi firstly should not have lost his cool in Sepang and also not depend on someone who is willingly butting into the championship fight when he his opportunity is long gone.

In the press conference, Lorenzo was blabbering how fast he was and mentioning Rossi was 20 seconds behind. What he is completely ignoring is that he started from the back of the grid and not the 1st or 2nd row. Would like to see how many seconds Lorenzo will be off the 1st position when he starts from the last. Marquez and Lorenzo got some tough questions during the press conference, as expected no clear answers. He mentioned championship should remain in Spain (as if it is his ancestral property. My foot). He certainly has the 2015 championship in his kitty, but worthy or clean? its there for all to see.

#ForzaVale - Nail Marquez and Lorenzo in 2016, even if it has to be dirty so be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I am with you here GTO. I usually never get around to watching MotoGP races and try and catch some of the highlights. I never miss F1 races though! After a long time i watched this race from start to end thanks to the huge build up.

It was so tense and so fast! I couldn't believe it was already over! During an F1 race i have enough time to make myself a coffee or a snack and then mull over strategy and all, while posting on forums at the sametime.
It has been this way for MotoGP with race duration between 45 mins to 60 mins. 60 mins of high drama most times. Moto3 is a dog fight with the winner not decided until the chequered flag. Other way round, I very rarely miss the Motogp, but prefer to miss F1 knowing how boring the 2014 and 2015 (to a lesser extent) turned out.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 9th November 2015 at 11:32.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:44   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Knowing what was going on, Rossi firstly should not have lost his cool in Sepang
It's moment of personal ego / glory
where you want to prove to your nemesis , such moments are aplenty in any sports ( Schumi F1 , Football with many greats like Zidane moment world cup )
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:53   #866
BHPian

Some excerpts from David Emmett's latest write-up. He's one of the finest MotoGP journalists, so it's worth giving a read whichever camp you belong to!

Quote:
Then came the MotoGP race, and as at Phillip Island and Sepang, a tense and thrilling battle was ruined by the events which surrounded the race afterwards. Whether you regard the events post-race as a valid complaint against an obviously rigged result, or the wild ramblings of a man desperate to apportion blame to anyone but himself for his own failure depends entirely on your perspective
Quote:
Firstly, was Marc Márquez really on the limit, or was he easily faster, as Valentino Rossi would claim after the race? What we do know is that both Lorenzo and Márquez were eleven seconds quicker than in 2013, the last time there was a dry race at Valencia. Though the circuit has been resurfaced since then, the race times of both Márquez and Lorenzo are not hanging about.
Quote:
The biggest problem Márquez had was the difference in acceleration out of the final corner. The Hondas have been complaining of a lack of acceleration all year, the rear tire spinning too much to provide good forward drive. The Yamahas have fantastic mechanical grip, getting drive out of the final corner to launch themselves down the straight with enough advantage to easily hold off the Hondas in the braking zone into Turn 1. Turn 6 was the only place where Márquez had the pace to pass Lorenzo, but he could never do it safely in previous laps, and had Pedrosa to deal with on the last couple of laps.
Quote:
The strangest aspect of Rossi's attack on Márquez is that he appeared to be shifting the responsibility for winning the title from the Italian's own shoulders onto the man he had so publicly attacked. Despite Rossi's brilliant early laps – and they were truly things of beauty, passes executed with surgical and ruthless precision – his race pace was simply not up to that of the front three. Lorenzo and Márquez ran laps of between 1'31.5 and 1'31.9 just about all race long. Pedrosa ran laps of 1'31.7, lost ground as he slowed up with an overheating front tire to clock a string of 1'31.9s and 1'32s, before upping the pace again and hitting a 1'31.5 to catch the leaders.

Rossi, meanwhile, was running consistent 1'32.1 and 1'32.2. Fast enough for fourth, but nowhere near good enough for the win. Even if Rossi had started from the front row of the grid, and not had to fight his way forward through the pack (a battle which was over shortly after one third distance), he did not have the pace to beat Lorenzo, nor even the pace to beat the two Hondas. Rossi finished where his race pace dictated, regardless of where he had started. That race pace was roughly in line with what he had shown during practice, a couple of tenths short of the pace of the leaders.
Quote:
By placing the onus on the Hondas to beat Lorenzo, he is deflecting responsibility of his own failure to do so.
https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...nd_up_how.html
Shivank is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 12:58   #867
Senior - BHPian

Strange how everyone points fingers with no data, but based on just what they see. Surely, if amateurs like us can see it, data analysts and engineers at HRC will be able to see it too! And if it was the case, they would not be very happy.

Marquez's views:

Quote:
“We lost a lot under acceleration and braking and it was too far. The only place where we could close on Lorenzo was in turn five or six. With four laps to go I tried to pass, but I was cautious. Then Dani came like a rocket! With two laps to go on the back straight I knew it would be tough, we lost time and Jorge was able to open up a half second gap. I tried to recover it in the last lap, but it wasn’t enough.

“Finally Jorge was the champion who deserves it. He and Valentino both deserved it; one had great speed and the other the consistency. In the end of the year Lorenzo gained speed, but I think Valentino made a great season and would have also been a worthy winner.

“On the podium I felt strange, what can I say, there were some boos. It’s complicated for a rider, of course, but I have a clear conscience and so do my team too. We tried the maximum; we have given one hundred percent in every race. We have struggled to get the maximum points possible and wanted to end the year with a victory. It was not to be, but hey, in the end I didn’t want to see a World Champion booed.

“It is clear there was already tension, you can’t deny that. This last week has been full of tension and we came here not quite ready. It was very hard to concentrate and this didn’t help. In this race there was pressure to finish for me because I’ve already had six DNFs this year. Besides, there was the pressure of having to make our own race; I think Dani also felt this.

“It is clear that the words of Valentino to his fans will weigh a lot. Valentino has won with charisma throughout his career and he is the benchmark for any rider. For me, for a rider with a winning mentality, telling people I did not want to win a race is an insult because whenever I go out I go to win and do the best job possible.”
More...

Quote:
“During the race I start really focused because I know that Jorge was really strong on the first laps and the first 20 laps it was really difficult to follow him, but I was able to be maximum one second behind him,” said Marquez.

“I saw that Dani was far and then when remain six, seven laps, I catch him completely and then I start to think about the other races and I remember in Indianapolis I started to push when remain two or three laps, so I [decided] I will try to do the same.

“Then I was really close and when remained four laps I said I will attack, but then there were yellow flags at the place where I was closer because in the acceleration I was losing a lot,” he added.

“I say I will wait until the next lap and on the next lap, Dani arrived to overtake me and I was impressed about this, but he go wide and he was out of the line and I tried to be inside for try to catch Jorge again because in that situation we lose half a second.”

Reflecting on the final lap of the race, Marquez said he was disappointed not to end the campaign with a victory and admitted he must improve with Honda in 2016 to challenge for the title.

“On the last lap I tried to push at the limit and last corner I was close, but not enough for win the race so disappointed not to win the last race but in the end we were on the podium so next season we must do better,” said the 22-year-old.

“It has been a really difficult season and we did a few mistakes that we must avoid next season. This last race was not easy for this situation and also because during the season I crashed six times, so I say okay, we must finish this race – I cannot crash again, so for this reason it was difficult to take a lot of risks.

“In the end, we finished too far from the top but we will try next season to fight for the title again.”
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225...mOcMD44czuB.99
These views perfectly match with what David Emmett said about Honda's exit speed as well as where exactly Marquez could make the pass. In no lap did it look like MM93 actually had the drive out of the final corner to use Lorenzo's slipstream and get around the inside and make the pass.

For the record, Pedrosa said he missed a gear while overtaking Marquez, so he lost the place.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 9th November 2015 at 13:00.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 13:51   #868
BHPian

Well am gonna go with the below:

"Lorenzo deserves the title, but he is not a real champion because something has happened in this sport that had never happened before and Lorenzo can't be happy."

In a bizarre twist, Lorenzo appeared to support Rossi's claim in an interview with Movistar MotoGP channel.

Whilst denying that "any pact" existed between him and Marquez he intimated that his compatriots had helped him win the title by not passing him.

"They knew what I had in play," Lorenzo said.

"The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me.

"That helped me because for sure in another kind of race they would have tried to overtake which they didn't this time."

He added: "If Valentino had been in my position and with Italians behind they would have done exactly the same.

"The title had to be for Spain."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-0...s-foul/6923008
Khodays is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 13:59   #869
Senior - BHPian

Read more on above here

https://lucacolajanni.wordpress.com/...ll-to-swallow/

Quote:
“The hardest part of the race was to see Pedrosa get very close. I thought I would run the risk of ending up third and lost the Championship, but in the end, they surely realized that there was a lot at stake for me, maybe in another type of race they could risk more and pass me. Instead they were very good because the title would remain in Spain (…) I always try to be honest, the truth is that I did a race in which I gave my best always, however sincerely today the Honda, it was very difficult to always keep the concentration and stand in front of them. They are Spanish like me and knew what was at stake, so I benefited because maybe without that little help, maybe considering that Valentino did a great race comeback from last to fourth place, he could win the Championship. So this title is mine, it is ours, but also of Spain.”
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 14:31   #870
BHPian

Marquez was lining up JL for a pass 3 laps before the end but then Pedrosa did a kamikaze and pulled in from no where and that's what let JL off the hook. Because even if JL finished second he would have won the championship on the number of wins equation.
My three cents.
AJITHAAA is offline   Reply With Quote