Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 4th October 2006, 11:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Alonso blaming Renault for his loss at Shanghai

Fernando Alonso has accused Renault of sabatoging his chances of winning the WDC by saying that they do not want him to carry the No 1 to Mclaren next year

Read about it here

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_...566627,00.html
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 11:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Talk about a sore loser.If this statement were from schumi it would have created such a furore.

Where is the sporting spirit that alonso claims he posesses and schumi lacks
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 11:13   #3
BANNED

I can just imagine Alonso after the race in his 'VANITY VAN'.... on the phone with his mom...'Mommy mommy they dont want me to win... what should I do mommy... waaa waaa waaa... bla bla bla'
What a MORON!
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 11:27   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, lets stick to constructive comments instead of getting unnecessarily personal and derogatory in this thread. If you have a comment, make it with some respect.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 12:37   #5
BHPian

i think its not right that he says that renault doesnt want alonso to take the 1st position...
but i also think that while makin his pitstops how can they put the wrong type of tyres?? a thing to ponder about?
its f1 where even the smallest stone in the tyre can change the entire fate of the race so ..the point is when the conditions are so varied with occasional rains and also sunshine how can they put wrong tyres....
babe_on_wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 12:46   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels
but i also think that while makin his pitstops how can they put the wrong type of tyres?? a thing to ponder about?
its f1 where even the smallest stone in the tyre can change the entire fate of the race so ..the point is when the conditions are so varied with occasional rains and also sunshine how can they put wrong tyres....
i doubt tyres go onto a car without consulting the driver, even other drivers (kubica, rosberg) went wrong with their tyre choices. And there were other drivers too who didnt change/partially changed their tyres.
Alonso just has nothing else to blame the team for, hence . . .

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 12:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

On one hand Alonso chooses to talk about the lack of sportsmanship in Schumacher & on the other hand he trashes & blames everyone else for his losses. Where is the sportsmanship now?

Can anybody imagine Schumi blaming Ferrari for a mistake? He always says like most other drivers that WE made a mistake and lost the race. In a team it's not you & them it's WE that matters. I think Alonso's fame & success have got to him, maybe he needs some more time mature as an individual.

About the tyres it's never one persons decision it's a team decision & the drivers too are part of this team, they have a call on what tyres to put on their cars depending on ther assessment of the track & weather conditions of which they are the best judges. Or maybe Alonso's so dominated by Briartore that he doesn't know what tyres to put on his car!!

I think he's now blaming Renault because despite all his pre-race hoopla, Micheal beat him fair-and-square! So now he's got to blame someone apart from Michael, Ferrari, FIA, Stewards, LBM, Weather etc.!!

P.S. While everyone is blaming somebody, I blame Alonso's mum for giving birth to him

Last edited by iraghava : 4th October 2006 at 12:49.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 12:54   #8
BANNED

As MA(n)SON said.. the driver is the final authority of what tyres go onto a car coz ultimately its his butt on the line.. literally and figuratively.
As I said earlier... any Champ that thinks and acts like Alonso is just a CHUMP.
Quote:
P.S. While everyone is blaming somebody, I blame Alonso's mum for giving birth to him
Haha Couldnt agree with you more dude!

Quote:
What? 2 hours and only a hand full of replies? Now if the title read "Shumi blames team for loss" we would be on page 3 by now I'm sure.
Would have been one more but......

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 4th October 2006 at 13:13.
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 12:59   #9
Team-BHP Support

What? 2 hours and only a hand full of replies? Now if the title read "Shumi blames team for loss" we would be on page 3 by now I'm sure.

But, to Alonso's defence, many lines could be taken out of context and just posted on sites. Its happened before. If Alonso really believes that a team that has spent millions on this season would sacrifice all that just so that the #1 doesn't go to another team (but it would go to Ferrari anyway, so what would they gain?), then he really needs a smack on the head!

The drivers championship carries a lot of weight, both for the driver as well as the team. It would go down in history books that Alonso won the 2006 title in a Renault. Renault advertising would carry that as well. Frankly, they really don't care about the #1 sticker on the car. How visible are those stickers anyway?

I really don't believe Alonso is stupid enough to say those things willfully. I'm pretty sure they have been taken out of context. Just giving him the benefit of the doubt until it is proven otherwise.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 13:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

A bit off topic here but did someone listen to the Renault pit radio to Alonso post qualifying ?

I heard something " poor old schumacher" and " The old man's in 6th place"

Well old man certainly showed them a few things I guess
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 13:33   #11
BHPian

What a ridiculous statement by alonso... Speaking like a little fidgety kid who is karting with his chums in a local neighbourhood track...

I wonder why there arent any Formula 1 "experts" commenting on this statement on fonsi's... Had schumi said anything remotely offensive to anyone, the whole body of MS haters would have jumped in and started making all kind of absurdities on MS's sportsmanship...

Surely this is an example of success can really get into somebody's head...
He needs to look around... There is still a guy on track who has won way more races and championships than him... IMO he may be ruthless and aggressive but he knows what to talk, when to talk and how to talk....

P.S.- Renault should chuck him out in the next race and Heikki should be given a chance!!! After all as per alonso, renault doesnt want him to take away the no1 to mclaren.... And by racing heikki, renault can still vie for the constructors championship!!!! This should really make our cry baby a little mature when he moves over to mclaren...
ess_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 13:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
A bit off topic here but did someone listen to the Renault pit radio to Alonso post qualifying ?

I heard something " poor old schumacher" and " The old man's in 6th place"

Well old man certainly showed them a few things I guess
A few things!!!!!!! A hell lot of things!!!!!
Old 4th October 2006, 15:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

Side everyone.all plese keep Silence.
Its Fisichella's turn now to take the blame.

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...04104643.shtml

Next in line:Global warming

I'm loving it.Haha.

P.S:Fonso fans have gone on a sabbatical to prepare for next year.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 4th October 2006 at 15:29.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 15:33   #14
BHPian

Hai ram!!!! This guy is going bonkers!!!!
Now what does he want... should we all request bernie to please let our cry baby have a 10 laps head start or waht....
I just hope that flavio also has had enough and this id!ot is not allowed to race at suzuka.... Lets see what heikki (kovalinen??) (sh!t what a difficult surname!!) can do in a renault....
Old 4th October 2006, 15:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels
i think its not right that he says that renault doesnt want alonso to take the 1st position...
my friend what are you saying?
Renault put the right tyres and they had to because fonso destroyed his earlier ones,they put the same type of tyres that fonso was using earlier and with his consultation.

Fonso lost pace because the racing line was drying and his new tyres took 6-7 laps to warm up and scrub in to perform at their best.

the only other tyres were full wets and slick and if they had put slicks he would have gone out at the first corner.

think about it.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote