BHPian

Default Re: Formula 1 - 2017 Belgian GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Yeah. See the posts below.

source

source
More water has flown under the bridge.
A lot of these "news" from European mags seems planted to me aimed at piling pressure on Honda.

Looks like he is being reined in a bit now.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...ed-car-947449/

Asked ahead of the Italian GP about the idea he had given up in the race because there was no prospect of a good result, he said: "I read that, and I am surprised when I read that.

Pushed on what the reason for him quitting in Spa was, if there was nothing wrong with the engine, Alonso said that he had stopped because there was concern about a potential failure looming.

Quote:
"I had a few issues on the power unit, in the three or four laps before the retirement," he said.

"I had this a couple of times before where some sensors starting failing, some things started feeling wrong and it went immediately to engine blow-up.

"This time, after having those first problems, we retired the car and they checked the whole engine. It seems everything is fine on the look they did.

"We will try to fit that engine tomorrow in FP2. If it blows up we will change it, obviously. If it keeps holding, probably we keep using it."
Latest Honda PU Spec (called 3.7) for Monza. The major revamp including the cyl. head etc. will be not ready for a few weeks more, unfortunately.

Quote:
"I think it is 3.7...the name," he said. "When I arrived this morning I asked what was the situation. They said it was still undecided if we will use this race to get the new engine or not this one.

"And then now, ten minutes ago, they decided to change the engine and get the penalty here."
Also Fernando is looking more positive at his tenure with McLaren-Honda
He described claims he has told McLaren he will leave unless they drop Honda as "absolute rubbish".

Quote:
"We will see what the proposals are," he said. "If they are very good, maybe two years could work. Maybe one year, maybe three, maybe five - l am young enough."
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...orld-champions
jfxavier is offline   Reply With Quote