Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 19th October 2007, 18:57   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

For next year, they are for sure going to finish last in every race. I am going to get sick of hearing..."Team Force India qualified last..finished last"
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 19:01   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower
For next year, they are for sure going to finish last in every race.
What makes U say so?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 19:41   #93
BHPian

Spyker website nor any reputed news source have confirmed the TEAM NAME ..not sure where autocar got this from .

And the name ...s$%^.. even for a spoof

@Mpower : thought spyker did better than toyota and honda this season (not on paper) with the limited resources they had
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 21:40   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
What makes U say so?
Because I think the team is going to be in transition mode next year with the new ownership, new driver and some people moving around. Honda are going to get their act together with the "All New" car...Toyota better get their act together. Toro Rosso is flying high after their 4th place finish. Only saving grace is Adrian Sutil (if he stays).
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 00:25   #95
Senior - BHPian

Is Vettel under contract?! They should hire him.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:02   #96
Senior - BHPian

Horrible, unimaginative name. In F1, its not about countries but teams. There'll be a lot many fans missing if its indeed "Force India".
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:33   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
For next year, they are for sure going to finish last in every race. I am going to get sick of hearing..."Team Force India qualified last..finished last"
I don't think that would be the case. They have a good design team with Mike Gascoyne and had made good progress in the latter half of this year. They were always short of funds, which is required for development and testing. With Mallya around, that should not be a problem, so I expect them to make good headway next year
jaganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:34   #98
Senior - BHPian

force motors will get a lot of publicity... people are bound to thing that they are are sponsoring the team.

but the question is why team India? does this represent the nation? Is any other team named after a country?

Last edited by madan80 : 22nd October 2007 at 11:40. Reason: added force india logo
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:03   #99
BHPian

Did any of you boys see Mallya talking to Ralf Schumacher before the race yesterday or was my eyes playing tricks on me ?
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:40   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Did any of you boys see Mallya talking to Ralf Schumacher before the race yesterday or was my eyes playing tricks on me ?
Ya, but i think until Ralf decides to take a Huge pay cut, he's too expensive for Spyker...oops...Force India F1.Plus Spyker had signed a contract with some Rodriguez fellow for 2008. I read somewhere that Mallya was saying Rodriguez cannot drive till he gets a superlicense (that won't take much effort). Now i dont know if he was referring to Rodriguez being a test driver or the main driver.
rghai6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:28   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Height of pessimism, i must say. Mr. Mallya's said he is going to pump in more money into the R&D of the team. He's already bought Epic, a plane manufacturing company in the United States so that he can get the aerodynamics expertise from them !!! I'm sure Mpower you, and all the rest of us won't be disappointed.
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:38   #102

There you go toiing:

Oh and this photo is to show the logo of FIF1 (Force india F1, pronounced feefee ) on Mallya's shirt:

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd October 2007 at 20:45.
Old 22nd October 2007, 20:58   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I don't think that would be the case. They have a good design team with Mike Gascoyne and had made good progress in the latter half of this year. They were always short of funds, which is required for development and testing. With Mallya around, that should not be a problem, so I expect them to make good headway next year
Correct. Gascoyne has come on board not so long ago. The funds have arrived too and now they need to strengthen their design/engineering team as well as find a driver who can help develop a decent mid-running car. The period from now to the start of the next season is crucial. Now that the ownership modalities are done with, the team can concentrate on their 2008 spec.
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 21:01   #104
BHPian

Thumbs up

i am not sure why the word "force" is there in the name, but I certainly would not want to why dissect the name of our country is in there. Its a matter of pride for us as Indians and I think Mallya has done the right thing by putting "India" there Sure theres always a first and we are the first to put a country name in there. Ofcourse all this is subject to approvals by other teams, so the name still is not final i think, till all others are ok with it

Last edited by jassi : 22nd October 2007 at 21:03.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:00   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Is Vettel under contract?! They should hire him.
I second you on that Gordon. Vettel really did put up a good show this season. He would really prove to be a vital addition, if Mallya does get him in.
AnniHilat0R is offline   Reply With Quote