Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 7th December 2007, 04:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Spygate II:Renault found guilty but no Penalty.

The second episode of the Spygate series had ended with a familiar story.Renault were found guilty of breaching Article 151C of the sporting regulations but no punishment was handed out.The reason for the outcome and the details of the proceedings will be made available later today.Flavio was visibly happy to have escaped unscathed. Whether Mclaren appeals (i:e if they are allowed to)the decision remains to be seen.

Flavio's Reaction:
Quote:
"I would like to thank Renault, our title sponsor ING and all our partners for their wholehearted support during this sensitive period."

"I also wish to pay tribute to the team, which has handled the matter with integrity and dignity. We are pleased that we can now focus fully on our preparations for the 2008 championship.”
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 09:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Found in PF1 that Flavio is planning to sue Mclaren on charges of defamation! Cool!
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 10:50   #3
BHPian

I am loving it. Really Really am.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 14:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

RacingforIndia
How come you started liking it...your picture suggests your a Mclaren fan
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 14:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ok another episode of mud slinging continues, man F1 has got more interesting off the track these days.
speedmiester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 18:10   #6
BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
RacingforIndia
How come you started liking it...your picture suggests your a Mclaren fan
Thats called sarcasm my friend.

I am so fed up of the FIA that I dont even feel like commenting on the descision.

F1 News > The full World Council decision

If after reading this one feels that the FIA is not baised then I can do nothing.

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 7th December 2007 at 18:20.
Old 7th December 2007, 19:33   #7
BHPian

@racingforindia

FIA imposes no penalty due to the lack of evidence that the Championship has been affected.... thats a laugh !

These b&&s @ renault couldn't understand mcl's drawings ????.. thats another laugh.

BTW from the report it appears mcl's J-dampers was illegal ??? ..waiting for the scrutiny results .

Last edited by 2theMax : 7th December 2007 at 19:36.
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 19:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

The fine to Mclaren was to make Ferrari no.1 and they (FIA) have done it and they are not interested in anything else.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 20:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Well they have told that taking buying stuff from a person is bad but stealing is ok!!! ya rite....
next we may see all teams stealing from one another
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 22:23   #10

fia say that renault did not benefit from the data . but they do admit that renault had in their posession confidential mclaren data and most importantly RENAULT KNEW ALL ALONG OF HAVING SECRET MCLAREN DATA WITHIN THEIR TEAM . isnt this cheating . if anyone cheats they should be punished for it irespective of whether they benefit from it or not .
brar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 22:50   #11
BHPian

I can't believe that people still think that FIA is fair in its ruling. If they can let Renault off saying they have not used any of that info on their cars, then have they proved that McLaren did use Ferrari info on their cars? I thought all the while it was about understanding how your competitors car worked and gaining an indirect advantage because of that.

Btw, I'm in a way happy about this ruling because it shows that McLaren have been treated unfairly and the rules are not the same for everyone.
madhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 12:40   #12
BHPian

Hold on and thats not the end of it. The FIA is going to decide if McLarens 08 car is legal in Feb 08.
UpdateF1 >> Formula 1 News > McLaren face long wait of MP4-23

No such problems for Renault though, because as the FIA has admitted they (Renault) were not in a position to affect the championship. What kind of a descision is this, all they want to do is cripple McLaren and criple them so bad that they cannot rise again.

Go Macaaaa!