Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Old 13th December 2007, 23:01   #1
BHPian

Default McLaren - What a shame!

News - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

It is so sad that a team like McLaren has to do this. I've been such a hardcore McLaren fan that this news just breaks my heart.

McLaren saying that their internal investigation did not reveal this is a truck load of lie! They could've got a lesser punishment by agreeing to their mistake instead of trying to put up an innocent face!

Today is a sad day for me and all the McLaren fans!
madhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 23:06   #2
BANNED

I do not know what to say here.

I will only say that the Driver's Title in 2007 was the most fun season I ever saw.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 01:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Investigation to be closed.

And now that Mclaren have accepted the truth the FIA has proposed to close the Investigation and that proposal will most likey be accepted.

Quote:
"In the light of McLaren's public apology and undertakings, the FIA President [Max Mosley] has asked the members of the World Motor Sport Council for their consent to cancel the hearing scheduled for 14 February 2008 and, in the interests of the sport, to consider this matter closed.
Formula 1 : News MCLAREN - F1-Live.com

They are also freezing some developments where Ferrari info might be involved
Formula 1 : News MCLAREN - F1-Live.com

Here comes another shocker

Quote:
McLaren were poised to use systems on their 2008 car that had been inspired by secret Ferrari information given to them by Nigel Stepney, the FIA's technical report on the matter reveals.
autosport.com - F1 News: FIA: McLaren planned to use Ferrari data

the bottom line is,The FIA is not biased,its only about accepting the truth.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 14th December 2007 at 01:12.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 01:55   #4
BANNED

All part of the circus!
Want to grab more attention and crowds in! Who all are coming to Singapore?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 04:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thus continues the "Nautanki"
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 08:12   #6
BHPian

$ucks big time man!!!
But I wonder what McLaren are upto by accepting the facts! Does this mean FIA will stop any more investigation on their 08 cars and they can escape by still using Ferraris information!
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 08:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Who all are coming to Singapore?
OT: I think I am but its becoming so bloody expensive I don't know if I'll take the plunge eventually; will go with the family so that's quite a steep one. Knowing me, I guess I will be there after all
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 10:14   #8
BANNED

For a moment I thought what has our dear friend mclaren1885 done to deserve this thread. Good to know that its not about him.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 14:29   #9
BHPian

Its a sad day for Mcaa fans, I feel gutted but I cannot hold the whole team responsible. There are some elements in the team which did this and although the top management is responsible for their actions they cannt be called cheaters.
But to say that the FIA is not baised is such an uninformed statement, given what has transpired over the last couple of days.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 14:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

it was a season of happennings as far as f1 is concerned.the most fought drivers title and the shocking news of spying on ferrari by mclaren.all the efforts was waisted and a 100million fine to aadd to the shame and disgrace was enough for mclaren to hold their heads down.i loved the way kimi took the title and red rules.
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 14:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Every Organization does have both the goodies and the baddies and for that matter individuals as such do fal in either domain. I am sure that Mc Laren's credibility will always come under scanner and its in very poor show of integrity. Certainly a bad day for Mc Laren, but rather than the organization the individuals and the elements need to be punished, but again thats what some people do to reach glories in life albeit the bad way.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 14:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

FIA is biased. See the case of of Renault. They have let them off. Mclaren had got with the fine. Why not Renault? They wanted Ferrari to win and they have achieved their goal.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 15:41   #13
BHPian

Hi Snaronikar, how astute of you to uncover so devious a plot such as this ? But allow me as a Tifosi to fill in some of the details. The mafiosi from FIA & Ferrari got together at the beginning of this year & plotted to thwart McLaren's success in 2007 - we all know how very successful McLaren were last year don't we ?

What came out was a brilliant plan to embroil McLaren in a spy scandal. Stepney was actually paid by Ferrari [hey it could've even been the FIA - Ferrari, FIA, they're all the same right ?] to pass on secrets to McLaren ! Poor innocent McLaren took the bait hook, line, & sinker ! The sneaky folks at the FIA waited long enough for the Ferrari secrets to be disseminated within McLaren, then concocted some story about a photocopying guy coming forward, raided McLaren, & strung them up by their thumbs.

Oh, & if you didn't know already, the FIA paid Lewis [who's really a Ferrari / FIA mole, but don't tell anybody] to beach his car in the Chinese GP, & drop to 7th in the Brazilian GP. How very convenient of "wonder-boy" to come in 7th right ?

P.S. - From one fellow conspiracy theorist to another, don't even get me started on the whole FIA-Renault thing, I have nightmares about that one !

Last edited by im_srini : 14th December 2007 at 15:44.
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 15:48   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
FIA is biased. See the case of of Renault. They have let them off. Mclaren had got with the fine. Why not Renault? They wanted Ferrari to win and they have achieved their goal.
Agreed FIA is biased under circumstances,which sports governing body isn't ? but dont agree with your last statement , if FIA wanted ferrari to win they would have banned the mcl drivers or stripped off their points , which wasn't done... have to say ferrari beat all teams fair and square this year and there is no second opinion about it..

And how does not fining renault help ferrari win ??? ..if you have the statistics right , even if mcl had the points not taken off , ferrari would have won both the drivers and const championship as it stands today.

Lets see what ron has in store for us next season ...maybe some illegal xenon's for the night race ??
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 16:29   #15
BHPian

Have you read the letter they've sent to the WMSC ? The tone seemed to a tad condescending for a letter of apology to me !

And that remark about 1.4 TB of data - yeah sure, the WMSC can uncover hidden Ferrari data even better than McLaren can, but need to be reminded that 1.4 TB is about a gazillion pages !

And by the way, where did they come up with the 20 KB per A4 statistic ? A team as scrupulous as McLaren, who need to remind the WMSC that 1.4 TB is equivalent to 75,000,000 A4s, should've mentioned the document format also right ?

Since the scandal broke the Tifosi have been shouting themselves hoarse, but the fans, & big-wigs like Stewart & Hill have brushed away all allegations of cheating. Not to mention the British press & online media [planet-f1], who've vehemently defended McLaren. This latest from McLaren sure throws a spanner into their collective works ! What spin will Andrew [Davies] put on McLaren's confession, I wonder
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote